blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:37:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Chopstix
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chopstix  (Read 1921 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2018, 12:57:37 PM »

I went to this place at the service station on the way home, and you can get two dishes and noodles in a box for 6 quid.  That seems all good so far. 

I ordered sweet and sour chicken and black bean chicken.

The noodles were thrown in a box followed by the sweet and sour chicken and then the black bean chicken on top.  ie there was a lair of sweet and sour, then a layer of black bean chicken, lasagne style.

I though this was really odd, and thought surely you put the sweet and sour on one side and the black bean chicken on the other?   You'd expect a bit of mixing in the middle, but at least there should be some attempt to keep them separate.  I had deliberately avoided the curry options, because I though the sauce would spread to the other side of the box.

I was wondering afterwards if I should have specified that there should be some attempt to keep the two dishes kept separate, as some people just preferred their food all mixed up in a hotchpotch?  So giving her the benefit of the doubt, would anybody here happily take it all mixed together, or is that just a big no-no? 

FWIW The black bean chicken was 2/10 at best, and given how overpowering it was, I have no idea how good the sweet and sour was.  And I think that is how they Chopstix.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 01:12:51 PM »

There are a couple of other similar chains, mostly shite......just served up slop.

Usually do M&S or KFC if I’m stuck with service station food.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 05:55:43 PM »

No no no.....who are these cowboys?

Maybe it was a training issue, and no one explained to the employee how to serve two dishes and noddles.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 07:34:00 PM »

I think the problem might have been the service station rather than the chain. We went to the Chopstix by Kensington a few times when my wife was at university and they served it side by side like you'd expect; we thought it was pretty decent.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 07:36:39 PM »

I think the problem might have been the service station rather than the chain. We went to the Chopstix by Kensington a few times when my wife was at university and they served it side by side like you'd expect; we thought it was pretty decent.

No, the one in Nottingham is shite also, either they’ve upped their game for the posh people of Ken or your taste buds need a good wash out  

Then again it is cheap, so expectations and all that......
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 08:28:18 PM »

No, the one in Nottingham is shite also, either they’ve upped their game for the posh people of Ken or your taste buds need a good wash out  

Then again it is cheap, so expectations and all that......

The chain started in London; it might have lost quality the more times it got franchised out.

But it might be the expectations - it was very good 'value' for right by the Natural History Museum, so it might just have been we got exactly the level we thought it would be.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 08:39:00 PM »

No no no.....who are these cowboys?

Maybe it was a training issue, and no one explained to the employee how to serve two dishes and noddles.

Never happens at Panda Express!

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 08:41:00 PM »

It wasn't the meal.  I guess it tasted as I expected, it was the way it was served.   I was thinking that even if you hadn't any training, you should know you didn't just mix the food together.  Even if you work at McDonald's you should care about how you put your burger together.

Are there any votes for "meh, it all goes down the same way."?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 08:45:11 PM »

It wasn't the meal.  I guess it tasted as I expected, it was the way it was served.   I was thinking that even if you hadn't any training, you should know you didn't just mix the food together.  Even if you work at McDonald's you should care about how you put your burger together.

Are there any votes for "meh, it all goes down the same way."?

Noooooooooo

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 10:29:51 PM »

I’d rather the mixing take place in my gut.

Ah! The element of surprise
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: