blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:11:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  World Cup Quiz
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: World Cup Quiz  (Read 1954 times)
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2018, 12:02:55 AM »

Older members will know I love a quiz so I've prepared a 10 question World Cup quiz for the members of blonde.

It'll work a little unusually. Below are the 10 questions, please reply in thread with your answers to the questions BUT please also reply using the smallest text available (I'm sure there was a spoiler function before, moderator?). The reason for this will be clear shortly.

When I see your reply I will let you know how many questions you have correct, but not which questions are correct. The small text requirement above is purely so that initial guesses can be the guesser's own as I imagine some would like to answer unspoilered - you will be able to see the person's guesses by quoting it which will be essential in the attempt to get to 10 correct as a group. I hope that after a bunch of initial guesses that it would be cool if some chat/collusion goes on in the thread.

So blonde how long will it take you to get all 10? They're tricky-ish, but very gettable/guessable. Some of the top quizzers from before (horseplayer, Tightend) may smash it, hope not.

1. Which 2 countries are debuting at this year's World Cup?

2. Egyptian goalkeeper Essam El-Hadary is the most capped player at this year's World Cup with 158 caps, but which player is second on that list?

3. Name the four English players who played in the EPL 17/18 who have scored a goal at a World Cup Finals?

4. Which 2 countries at this year's World Cup have squads made up entirely of players who play their club football outside of their home nation?

5. Which club side have the most players at this year's World Cup?

6. England aside, which country has the most players in their 23 man squad that play their club football in England?

7. Which country not at this year's World Cup are ranked in the top 10 of FIFA's world rankings?

8. Of the players at the World Cup who play their club football in England, which has scored the most international goals?

9. Peruvian Teofilo Cubillas is one of the 4 South Americans to have scored 10 or more goals at World Cup Finals, name the other 3?

10. Which current EPL player has played in the most matches at World Cup Finals?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 12:52:52 AM by scotty2hatty » Logged
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 12:29:13 AM »

1. Which 2 countries are debuting at this year's World Cup? Panama and Iceland

2. Egyptian goalkeeper Essam El-Hadary is the most capped player at this year's World Cup with 158 caps, but which player is second on that list? Ramos

3. Name the three English players who played in the EPL 17/18 who have scored a goal at a World Cup Finals? Defoe, Sturridge, Rooney

4. Which 2 countries at this year's World Cup have squads made up entirely of players who play their club football outside of their home nation? Senegal, Belgium

5. Which club side have the most players at this year's World Cup? Chelsea

6. England aside, which country has the most players in their 23 man squad that play their club football in England? Belgium

7. Which country not at this year's World Cup are ranked in the top 10 of FIFA's world rankings? Italy

8. Of the players at the World Cup who play their club football in England, which has scored the most international goals? Lukaku

9. Peruvian Teofilo Cubillas is one of the 4 South Americans to have scored 10 or more goals at World Cup Finals, name the other 3? Ronaldo, Batistuta, Pele

10. Which current EPL player has played in the most matches at World Cup Finals? Tim Cahill
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 12:31:41 AM by dino1980 » Logged
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 12:32:58 AM »

Great quiz Scotty, I hope I've got no 4 correct, I only know that as it was on the BBC Daily World Cup Podcast yesterday as a question! Time for a reverse sheep WC quiz? (hell no!).
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 12:56:43 AM »

1. Which 2 countries are debuting at this year's World Cup? Panama and Iceland

2. Egyptian goalkeeper Essam El-Hadary is the most capped player at this year's World Cup with 158 caps, but which player is second on that list? Ramos

3. Name the four English players who played in the EPL 17/18 who have scored a goal at a World Cup Finals? Defoe, Sturridge, Rooney

4. Which 2 countries at this year's World Cup have squads made up entirely of players who play their club football outside of their home nation? Senegal, Belgium

5. Which club side have the most players at this year's World Cup? Chelsea

6. England aside, which country has the most players in their 23 man squad that play their club football in England? Belgium

7. Which country not at this year's World Cup are ranked in the top 10 of FIFA's world rankings? Italy

8. Of the players at the World Cup who play their club football in England, which has scored the most international goals? Lukaku

9. Peruvian Teofilo Cubillas is one of the 4 South Americans to have scored 10 or more goals at World Cup Finals, name the other 3? Ronaldo, Batistuta, Pele

10. Which current EPL player has played in the most matches at World Cup Finals? Tim Cahill

4 correct but please see PM as I messed up one question.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 12:59:10 AM »

Great quiz Scotty, I hope I've got no 4 correct, I only know that as it was on the BBC Daily World Cup Podcast yesterday as a question! Time for a reverse sheep WC quiz? (hell no!).

Do love a RSQ!
kp24

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 10:10:40 PM »

Don’t how to make text smaller I’ll pm you
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 04:43:34 PM »

1. Iceland and Panama
2. Marquez from Mexico
3. Defoe, Rooney Huh???
4. Morocco, Poland ??
5. Real Madrid
6. France
7. Italy
8. Aguerro
9. Pele, Batistuta, Ronaldo
10. Aguerro

« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 05:05:44 PM by HutchGF » Logged
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2018, 07:29:08 PM »

Been on holiday, will bang the answers in here shortly.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: