blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:48:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Ben Stokes - howzat?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ben Stokes - howzat?  (Read 8648 times)
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2018, 01:14:29 PM »

"A couple of beers.... And 5 or 6 vodka & lemonades"

Vodka & lemonade?

Who'd have thought....

Always fascinating to find out these incidental details.

fml.....if ever there was a moment in this trail he should have been economical with the truth.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2018, 10:45:06 AM »

Closing speeches now happening.....and no sign of the gay couple and their "vital" evidence !?

Can you refuse to be a witness, if summoned by the court ?....and if so why in this case?

Very strange...
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2018, 12:16:37 PM »

Closing speeches now happening.....and no sign of the gay couple and their "vital" evidence !?

Can you refuse to be a witness, if summoned by the court ?....and if so why in this case?

Very strange...

They gave their side to The Sun a few months ago.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/two-men-who-ben-stokes-claims-to-have-been-defending-come-forward-to-tell-their-story/news-story/4d0d2c48bdda885989838526789920f8

Of course the jury can't take that into account...

One of the pair was criticised by one of his "friends" on twitter a few days ago.  He was pretty grumpy that tehy had told their story to the press, but refused to act as witnesses.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2018, 12:56:50 PM »

Not out!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2018, 01:02:40 PM »

Yup, not guilty of affray, & that's that, the case has concluded.

Can or will the Cricket authorities take any action against him now if they so desire?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2018, 01:07:39 PM »

Can or will the Cricket authorities take any action against him now if they so desire?

Hopefully the only action they will do is bring him back into the Test Squad for the next game. He missed the whole of the Ashes over this, that is punishment enough in my humble opinion.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2018, 01:16:07 PM »

Hopefully the only action they will do is bring him back into the Test Squad for the next game. He missed the whole of the Ashes over this, that is punishment enough in my humble opinion.

Don't think they can bring him in for the next game, as the squad has already been announced. Well I suppose they could, but it feels unlikely. Be a bit unfair on those already selected.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2018, 01:18:03 PM »

On the first morning of the trial, Judge Peter Blair rejected a late attempt by the prosecution to add a charge of causing actual bodily harm to Stokes' indictment.

What a joke the CPS is.

I think you're right.....missing the Ashes will be deemed enough punishment .
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2018, 01:24:37 PM »

Onus on the jury to prove he wasn't acting in self defence, and I'm sure he had the best legal team money could buy, but the video footage looked pretty damning and didn't portray him in a good light.

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2018, 01:43:58 PM »

Onus on the jury to prove he wasn't acting in self defence, and I'm sure he had the best legal team money could buy, but the video footage looked pretty damning and didn't portray him in a good light.

Oh come on, butter would not melt in his mouth.

Click to see full-size image.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2018, 01:50:00 PM »

Just seen the footage.

He is a very lucky boy.......

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2018, 02:14:53 PM »

the jury's route to verdict:

Click to see full-size image.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2018, 02:49:20 PM »

Don't think they can bring him in for the next game, as the squad has already been announced. Well I suppose they could, but it feels unlikely. Be a bit unfair on those already selected.

Well I got that wrong - he has now been added to the squad.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/45186732

However, Aggers (who is usually on the money) reports;

Stokes and Hales now face ECB independent disciplinary committee, likely to face charges of bringing the game into disrepute. Might take a few days, up to a week to convene.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2018, 06:18:11 PM »

I do not understand how on earth he was never charged with ABH as well/instead which was a stone-cold mortgage-job.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
kp24

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2018, 07:17:17 PM »

Very strange...

They gave their side to The Sun a few months ago.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/two-men-who-ben-stokes-claims-to-have-been-defending-come-forward-to-tell-their-story/news-story/4d0d2c48bdda885989838526789920f8

Of course the jury can't take that into account...

One of the pair was criticised by one of his "friends" on twitter a few days ago.  He was pretty grumpy that tehy had told their story to the press, but refused to act as witnesses.

I kept thinking that myself why they hadn’t been called up to court but they were in the papers again today apprently they were told by the prosecution they “wouldn’t be needed” probably as it did I suit their narrative.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: