blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:20:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Mankles (Beware - graphic content)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mankles (Beware - graphic content)  (Read 2420 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2018, 09:27:45 AM »

Whilst watching the horse racing from York yesterday, they showed a fashion segment, God knows why.

To my horror, it seems that mankles - mens bare ankles, whilst wearing a suit - are now a thing.

I'm not sure I've ever been quite so appalled. No socks? You gotta be kidding me. Socks should be worn at ALL times, even in bed. (Except when sleeping).

I would hope that no blondes would ever admit to such crass mode of dress.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 09:29:08 AM »

Actually, it occurs to me that we may have two likely candidates on blonde.

No offence intended to Evil Pie or nirvana.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 09:33:27 AM »

My feet would stink if I didn’t wear socks......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 09:43:54 AM »

Well yes, there ae all manner of unpleasant side effects if we dispense with the necessities of life such as socks or knickers.

Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 10:27:30 AM »

Well yes, there ae all manner of unpleasant side effects if we dispense with the necessities of life such as socks or knickers.

I always thought you wore knickers.

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2018, 11:12:08 AM »

Oh Tikay.

I have a couple of pairs of loafers that I wear with a suit over the Summer. You wear them with 'invisible' socks, never bare foot. A cracking modern Summer look. I am going to a fairly laid back wedding tomorrow and if it wasn't going to be raining then would definitely be the easy choice of suit/footwear combo.

I assume you would also be against a suit and a fresh pair of white trainers. Another go to modern look.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2018, 11:20:03 AM »

Oh Tikay.

I have a couple of pairs of loafers that I wear with a suit over the Summer. You wear them with 'invisible' socks, never bare foot. A cracking modern Summer look. I am going to a fairly laid back wedding tomorrow and if it wasn't going to be raining then would definitely be the easy choice of suit/footwear combo.

I assume you would also be against a suit and a fresh pair of white trainers. Another go to modern look.

Well of course I would, assuming that by "white trainers" you mean what are properly known as plimsolls. Don't mean to be offensive, as I always thought you were a good guy, but it's a sign of bad breeding.

Nothing personal of course, just trying to put you right.

I visited the Office recently, and my boss was not wearing a tie, but was rocking - shamelessly - white plimsolls. In the office.

DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2018, 12:18:34 PM »

The ‘no-socks’ look has been around for ages-it’s just the fashion is also now for ankle-swingers with it. Remember the thread about Lee Bowyer arguing he didn’t have a buckle on his shoe, it was his bare ankles showing on the CCTV of all the Leeds players in that fight? Bowyer didn’t even wear socks to court either!
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2018, 01:44:56 PM »

Oh Tikay.

Well of course I would, assuming that by "white trainers" you mean what are properly known as plimsolls. Don't mean to be offensive, as I always thought you were a good guy, but it's a sign of bad breeding.

I visited the Office recently, and my boss was not wearing a tie, but was rocking - shamelessly - white plimsolls. In the office.

Two phrases spring to mind, you can't teach an old dog new tricks & style is temporary, class is permanent.

A nice brown suede chelsea boot always looks excellent with a dark blue suit. If your feeling particularly fruity then drop the shirt and tie and go for a chunky turtleneck under the jacket. Autumn  is my favourite season, we can finally start experimenting with layering again after this Summer.

It's those cream linen suits that i can't abide. Very lord of the manor / Saudi businessman. Us pale skinned Englishmen just can't pull off that look.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2018, 02:28:48 PM »

I’ve heard that men who dress like this also shave their lady gardens.

Ah! The element of surprise
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2018, 11:03:07 PM »

Oh Tikay.

My old office went casual a few years back, it was a sad sad day. 

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2018, 11:39:53 PM »

I’ve heard that men who dress like this also shave their lady gardens.

I heard that men who don't dress like that do, too.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: