blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:15:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Withdrawing from American sites - specifically draftkings
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Withdrawing from American sites - specifically draftkings  (Read 5483 times)
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« on: September 17, 2018, 10:48:40 PM »

I won a decent amount on Draftkings this week and have got around to trying to withdraw it.

Filled in their online form, including national insurance number, came to the withdrawal and they're taxing 30% of it.

How do I go about getting this sorted out? Any advice on forms to fill etc...?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 11:06:36 PM »

Guessing you'll want an ITIN, which is a bit of a ballache to get from this side of the pond.

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 11:10:54 PM »

Guessing you'll want an ITIN, which is a bit of a ballache to get from this side of the pond.

Did ask for an ITIN if applicable... as I wasn't sure, I put my NI number...

Figured there's probably a few of you on here who have tried to withdraw from US based sites

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 11:22:28 PM »

As Marky, says it is a ballache.   The cost of an agent is in the hundreds and there is no guarantee you get your money back.

My tales of woe are hidden in the Vegas or WSOP threads.   Am up to 16 months and counting and still have no refund. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 11:26:25 PM »

Couple mates got their money back, including one who got refunded too much Cheesy

One sorted it with a woman in Vegas, and the other went to get it done in London.

My old hasn't done his yet, but he has to make an appointment at the embassy, and go from there.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 11:27:46 PM »

As Marky, says it is a ballache.   The cost of an agent is in the hundreds and there is no guarantee you get your money back.

My tales of woe are hidden in the Vegas or WSOP threads.   Am up to 16 months and counting and still have no refund. 

How did you go about getting yours back, Doobs?

Friend of mine I'll be seeing in Glasgow nexct month did all his when he got back to the UK, and got sorted reasonably quickly, iirc.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 12:19:40 AM »

I emailed a few companies on this list

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/acceptance-agents-united-kingdom

Three replied.  One wouldn't tell me their charges; of the other two, one charged half as much as the other.  Think I paid about £400. I got a tax number but no refund.  I have appealed.

I don't think you can apply for a refund until the end of a tax year.  I think that was about December.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 12:31:04 AM »

I emailed a few companies on this list

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/acceptance-agents-united-kingdom

Three replied.  One wouldn't tell me their charges; of the other two, one charged half as much as the other.  Think I paid about £400. I got a tax number but no refund.  I have appealed.

I don't think you can apply for a refund until the end of a tax year.  I think that was about December.   

Twats 

Hope that it gets sorted out eventually.

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 12:35:37 AM »

You have to fill in one of these every year.

I filled it in with no problems a while ago.

You don’t get taxed if you fill form in correctly

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 12:38:44 AM »

Does it ask something about UK/US after filling form in?

I remember it used to be a bit of a ballache with filling form in, but i did it on the phone app and they have it set up on there to make it really easy now.

Did you do it on app?

Think there was a question about UK/US or something that changes it from 30% to 0

This is all with DraftKings btw, shouldnt be a problem at all...

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 12:39:50 AM »

my plans is to goto wsop for my 25th in 2020 on the off chance i am sober enough to enter and cash in an event can i fill in a form before i go which means i wont get taxed?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 12:43:13 AM »

Message support if any problems..and explain you are from the UK and they tell you exactly what to put and where. support@draftkings.com

Think there is 2 different forms for UK and US players, make sure your filling in the right one!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 01:05:15 AM by ChipRich » Logged

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2018, 12:44:01 AM »

Also, thin brag, GIQ etc.

Think i saw your name in top 20 of the 'Tiers' NFL $4. Good work!

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2018, 12:48:49 AM »

Message support if any problems..and explain your English and they tell you exactly what to put and where. support@draftkings.com

Think there is 2 different forms for UK and US players, make sure your filling in the right one!

''DraftKings requires customers to provide us with a properly completed withholding certificate in the form of either an IRS Form W-9 (for US taxpayers) or W-8BEN or another appropriate Form W-8 series withholding certificate (for non-US taxpayers)''

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2018, 12:56:02 AM »

Don't need an ITIN or SSN number, i think just need something on record to make sure your not a US citizen. NI number works.

https://www.w8help.com/w8ben

This might help, but it should really be easy enough if do it on the app and check the right boxes etc. Took about 2 minutes.

Edit:
Found my interaction with support when i first did it and wasn't sure what to put on the W8 form back in early 2017.

In the US Tax Payer section you just put your NI number and i think the rest was just basic stuff.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 01:04:25 AM by ChipRich » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: