blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:58:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Padraig in a suit?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Padraig in a suit?  (Read 3815 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2018, 11:42:49 AM »

What's that all about?

Can't get used to that, much prefer him when he is a scruffbag.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 11:43:39 AM »

Even more troublesome, is he really Freddie Foreman?

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
engy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 01:06:28 PM »

Had a night out in his company once through mutual friends. I could've listened to the stories for a week. Do you know him well Tikay?  Any Padraig tales?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 01:45:34 AM »

Spent an afternoon/night out on the piss with him, during the 2006 WSOP, which was my first trip to Vegas.

That was back when they held the poker tournaments in some lounge, round by a posh bar. Tikay might remember, as he's been going to Vegas longer than I've been alive Wink

Went for dinner with him and his French? partner. Myself, Bobdabutcher, Debbie, and an american guy he was setting up 'Butcher Poker' with. Jeff Burke, my parents, and Tim Blake might have been there with Hazel, too.

Think he'd been off the booze for a good while, as he often did before the WSOP? So he could have a good crack at it, and try nicking a few quid. He'd obviously decided it was time for a break, as iirc he was loaded up to the gills with Vodka Cheesy

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 03:06:36 AM »

padraig has to be one of my favourite people i have met in poker  total scream

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 08:44:21 AM »

Spent an afternoon/night out on the piss with him, during the 2006 WSOP, which was my first trip to Vegas.

That was back when they held the poker tournaments in some lounge, round by a posh bar. Tikay might remember, as he's been going to Vegas longer than I've been alive Wink

Went for dinner with him and his French? partner. Myself, Bobdabutcher, Debbie, and an american guy he was setting up 'Butcher Poker' with. Jeff Burke, my parents, and Tim Blake might have been there with Hazel, too.

Think he'd been off the booze for a good while, as he often did before the WSOP? So he could have a good crack at it, and try nicking a few quid. He'd obviously decided it was time for a break, as iirc he was loaded up to the gills with Vodka Cheesy

Yes, his partner was French, & very pretty indeed, quite refined, & they lived in Paris. This would be during the time that Ladbrokes had that £200 affair every afternoon, which Padraig & Bob the Butcher always played, often Debbie too.

Padraig had a ritual of quitting alcohol on 1st Jan or 1st Feb every year, & remaining "dry" until Vegas. Then, of course, he made up for lost time.

He was with 888 (?) for many years, & him & Jesse May used to do a daily video round up which was extremely funny & very popular. Ground-breaking stuff in those days, as Twitch & Video streams were unheard of.

I'm really pleased he has got himself a nice deal with Party, good luck to him.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 08:48:52 AM »

Here's Padraig & Jesse shooting the breeze 8 years ago. Worth a watch.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2018, 02:31:04 PM »

Yes, his partner was French, & very pretty indeed, quite refined, & they lived in Paris. This would be during the time that Ladbrokes had that £200 affair every afternoon, which Padraig & Bob the Butcher always played, often Debbie too.

Padraig had a ritual of quitting alcohol on 1st Jan or 1st Feb every year, & remaining "dry" until Vegas. Then, of course, he made up for lost time.

He was with 888 (?) for many years, & him & Jesse May used to do a daily video round up which was extremely funny & very popular. Ground-breaking stuff in those days, as Twitch & Video streams were unheard of.

Yeah, the good old days, when I wasn't always the biggest whale!

I knew it was something like that, as he reminded us of it while ploughing through the Vodka Cheesy

That's where we were all drinking, and they held their daily $1k comps there during the WSOP.

Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2018, 02:22:25 PM »

Padraigs 888 blog was fantastic

http://my.888poker.com/padraig888/blog/?pref_tab=blog

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2018, 03:20:21 PM »

I knew it was something like that, as he reminded us of it while ploughing through the Vodka Cheesy

That's where we were all drinking, and they held their daily $1k comps there during the WSOP.

Back in the day I remember playing in that room against all the big names at the time and thinking how awesome it was!
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2018, 04:02:22 PM »

There's some more recent ones on cardplayer too

https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-blogs/19-padraig-parkinson

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2018, 04:54:32 PM »

Back in the day I remember playing in that room against all the big names at the time and thinking how awesome it was!

Think that 2006 might have been the last year they used it for poker.

The old man ended up chopping one for $30k, the day before they left town.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: