blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:17:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  How much?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How much?  (Read 1863 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2018, 09:07:53 AM »

I don't really have a view about the suggestions that Ronaldo raped a young lady in Las Vegas 9 years ago. It could be true - equally, if you are a fabulously wealthy celebrity, such claims go with the territory I suppose.

The part of the story that raised an eyebrow was how much his contract with Nike was supposedly worth - nearly £800 million.

That prompts all sorts of questions. How much money was Nike be making to afford that sort of money? What is Ronaldo's net worth? How many other top sportsmen & women earn such eye-watering sums?

It's mind boggling stuff.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45753889

Portugal have not selected him for the upcoming games, but then again, maybe they never intended to.

Other than a standard (& understandable) denial by the man himself, he remains tight-lipped.

Click to see full-size image.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 10:01:47 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 12:05:47 PM »

Michael Jordan owns his own brand having bought it from Nike after retiring and is worth billions literally.  He majority owns an NBA team (?Hornets) which must be worth at least a billion itself without all his other brand wealth.  Federer/Nadal have similar brands/logos that will probably be similar if they choose to go down the same route.

Lebron James has a lifelong commitment/contract with Nike similar to Ronny after his playing days are over.  Not sure about other sports but the sheer volume of social media followers for the true top level super stars of sport make these deals still highly profitable i would imagine for Nike.  Kevin Durant/Steph Curry are probably close to having similar deals with Nike and Under Armour respectively.

Lebron made £300m when his minority shareholding in beats headphones was floated and realised alone.  Lebron also owns a tiny % shareholding in Liverpool FC (via a link with his agent i think via the sports group who owns Liverpool and Fenway sports in Boston) among numerous other investments.

Ronaldo is super rich but not on a par with Tiger/Fed/Jordan and Lebron i would imagine currently.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 12:10:59 PM by arbboy » Logged
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 12:59:21 PM »

Wouldn't Nike et al just set these huge sponsorship fees against their even huger tax bill?

The older I get, the better I was.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 04:12:29 PM »

Wouldn't Nike et al just set these huge sponsorship fees against their even huger tax bill?

Only in the sense that the cost of the deal reduces their profitability and thus their liability to tax on their profits. No doubt they will time the accounting for the money in a way that is to their best advantage though.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 04:23:34 PM »

https://www.totalsportek.com/money/cristiano-ronaldo-net-worth/

Hunting them down, though. According to that he's heading for half a billy!

marcro

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 01:05:09 PM »

Ronaldo has 323.4 million followers on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.  He is a prolific social media user.

I heard that one tweet from him on a product is expected to generate £4M in sales very quickly.

A powerful "influencer" which makes Nike happy to give him his $1B contract providing his image does not get shot.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: