blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:44:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Online day 1's versus live day 1s
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Online day 1's versus live day 1s  (Read 2164 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2018, 05:01:38 PM »

Any thoughts on online day 1s versus live day 1s?

Presumably, live day 1s should be softer than online?

It's something i've only really noticed this year some Live Tours offering online day 1's, having a hybrid between the live and online worlds.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 07:12:17 PM »

I would say that yes the live day one is almost almost softer, unless there is a special promo to get everyone into the online day one.

On the flipside, you can play the online day one along with your usual evening poker schedule / on the couch. And you can save an extra day of expenses. Or you just take a shot at the online day one, and then you only have to pay expenses if you make day two.

Works better when the online day one is a week or more before the event imo.

I have seen cases several times where the online day one had a small field and one player ended up with most/all of the chips and a huge stack for day two, with everyone else busting.

If it gets more people into the tourney and gives more choice to the players then it must be a good thing, right?
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 09:03:33 AM »

Multiple online day ones with eight levels of unlimited re-entry is good for the venue and the stables.

It is definitely not good for recreational players.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 01:09:14 AM »

In my experience its been very hard for them to get the right balance between online and live day 1s.

Every single event I've played which has offered these tends to favor the Online players moving into day2 (they tend to have higher average stacks).

I understand that online day1s may have a lower % of the field make d2 and therefore average increases but that leads to a silly dynamic on day2 where if near the money or whatever online players have a significant advantage.

Its been a while but I seem to remember one of the online day1s I played being 12minute levels and the live day1s being 1 hour levels meaning they're estimating online hand rate is 5x quicker.... Pretty gross underestimation imo.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 01:11:02 AM by youthnkzR » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: