blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:39:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Those mascots are so cute.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Those mascots are so cute.  (Read 1263 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2019, 11:02:31 AM »

One of the nicer aspects of Premier League football is to see the little kids who are mascots for the day. At least, that's what I thought.

Click to see full-size image.

It had never occurred to me that these kids (via their parents) are charged to be a mascot.

There is no charge at these Clubs;

Arsenal

Chelsea

Fulham

Huddersfield

Liverpool

Man City

Man United

Newcastle United

Southampton

Not so at these Clubs, who charge as follows "per mascot".

Everton £718

West Ham United £700

Leicester City £600

Tottenham Hotspur £405

Wolves £395

Crystal Palace £375

Brighton £350

Burnley £300

Cardiff City £255

Watford £250

Bournemouth £185

Seems a bit mean to me. Do Premier League football clubs really need that extra money that badly?

Here, be a West Ham mascot for £700. Bargain.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 12:24:55 PM »

I don't think Leicester charge every kid included in the kick-off mascot bit, just the one(/two?) that goes out to the centre circle? The kids who stand in the tunnel and wave the flags are picked from local football teams and get their tickets for free. Certainly was the case a couple of seasons ago when the kids team I managed were the flag bearers for the last game of the season.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 12:28:58 PM »

I don't think Leicester charge every kid included in the kick-off mascot bit, just the one(/two?) that goes out to the centre circle? The kids who stand in the tunnel and wave the flags are picked from local football teams and get their tickets for free. Certainly was the case a couple of seasons ago when the kids team I managed were the flag bearers for the last game of the season.

Quite possibly, but to me, Mascots should never be charged for, & should always be drawn from the Community, Youth Leagues, disadvantaged, etc.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 02:01:15 PM »

The Bournemouth package doesn't even include a ticket for the game.

Premier League clubs only ever look after themselves. Some are better than others when it comes to helping lower-league clubs with loans, West Ham and Spurs for two, but most are ridic to deal with by all accounts, headed by Arsenal.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: