blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:01:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  I'm not really a welder....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm not really a welder....  (Read 1467 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: February 10, 2019, 09:31:36 AM »

I watched Burnley v Brighton on MOTD just now, Brighton were clearly robbed of a penalty at one end before being awarded a dubious one seconds later at the other.

I thought we had got past all this crap. What happened to VAR?

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 10:38:02 AM »

I watched Burnley v Brighton on MOTD just now, Brighton were clearly robbed of a penalty at one end before being awarded a dubious one seconds later at the other.

I thought we had got past all this crap. What happened to VAR?

VAR is only being played in some FA Cup games this year as a trial - it is not being used in league games although I believe the plan is to use it next season.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
SuperJez

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 02:22:49 PM »

Coming next season in the Premier League.

It's not always as easily good as it looked in the World Cup.  That was a great implementation of VAR.  Some of the trials in cup games last season in England were absolutely awful.  Fingers crossed for the PL implementation.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 02:34:17 PM »

Is there any reason not to use something very similar to what seems to work pretty well in test cricket?

Give each manager two challenges and have a video ref to act on "soft" decisions from the on-field referee.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: