blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:44:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  schoolgirl who joined IS but wants to come home.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: schoolgirl who joined IS but wants to come home.  (Read 59843 times)
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2019, 09:42:02 AM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47248555

Sajid Javid ‘If you have supported terrorist organisations abroad I will not hesitate to prevent your return’

‘We must remember that those who left Britain to join Daesh were full of hate for our country’

Rather simple don't you think?   I struggle to raise more than a shrug when the fate of "the beatles" is discussed, but there are going to be huge variations in the motivations of those going to Syria.   Some will genuinely believe they were going for humanitarian reasons, some went intent on killing infidels.   She is somewhere imbetween.  Dare say Javid knows this, but has to play to the audience, and just putting lefties in a bad spot. Sure he knows that we also release people who have killed others after a few years, and some of those are going to reoffend.

Extremely simple, fk her......

Would you?

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2019, 11:48:27 AM »

She was 15 when she left, was (legally) raped, & has lost 2 children by the age of 19 due to malnutrition & illness, & is pregnant now. Her life is a total mess.

At what age do we cut her some slack due to immaturity & youth?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2019, 11:50:13 AM »

She was 15 when she left, was (legally) raped, & has lost 2 children by the age of 19 due to malnutrition & illness, & is pregnant now. Her life is a total mess.

Dangerous, very dangerous precedents........

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2019, 11:51:44 AM »

As much as I despise all that she has done and supported during the last few years one thing still nags at my conscience; she was only fifteen years old when she left for Syria, as were her two friends, and who knows if she was the driving force of the three or just persuaded to go along for the ride by one of the other two.

Of course the "heads in the dustbin" comment was chilling, but it was most probably an everyday event and normalized in that specific environment where brain-washing was constant and she was at a particularly impressionable age.

I do have some sympathy especially for her parents if they are peaceful law-abiding citizens, but I wouldn't fancy her moving in next door.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2019, 11:58:03 AM »

I doubt any of the three girls were the driving force. Those responsible here and abroad target specific types of people who are vulnerable and impressionable.

I have sympathy for her parents, i have some sympathy for her, but I don't think she should be allowed to return.

Surely anyone who has any connection to ISIS should never knowingly allowed into the country?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2019, 12:32:40 PM »

It isn't as simple as that. I could turn it on it's head and ask at what age is she not a threat to thousands of innocent people?

Has she shown contrition? No.
Has she condemned ISIS? No.
Did she put her children in harm's way? Yes.

Our actions have to have consequences. Not just as punishment but also as a deterrent.

Genuine question. Would you personally take responsibility for any harm she caused or facilitated if she were allowed to return?

The older I get, the better I was.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2019, 01:18:33 PM »

it is hard..i can sympathise that she was a 15 year old kid and choices made at that age can be easily influenced.. should we punish her for the rest of her life for a choice made literally as a child ?.. i dread to think of the horrors etc she has witnessed and the loss of two kids already and not even 20... she has obv realised she was wrong... however she is obv deeply radicalised and could actually pose a threat even if its just trying to influence others with her views as she was influenced.. it is easy to say fuck her she made her choice..and part of me feels this way... but she was a kid who made a terrible choice.. does she deserve a second chance ?

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2019, 01:46:32 PM »

This should not even be a discussion IMO. No matter how its wrapped up it was treacherous at the very least.

Ah! The element of surprise
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2019, 02:27:59 PM »

It isn't as simple as that. I could turn it on it's head and ask at what age is she not a threat to thousands of innocent people?

Our actions have to have consequences. Not just as punishment but also as a deterrent.

Genuine question. Would you personally take responsibility for any harm she caused or facilitated if she were allowed to return?

She has condemned ISIS, she said they were corrupt, there was so much oppression and they deserved to lose.

It isn't a genuine question.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2019, 03:59:18 PM »

She has condemned ISIS, she said they were corrupt, there was so much oppression and they deserved to lose.

If I ask it in isolation, will it be genuine then?

The older I get, the better I was.
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2019, 06:46:05 PM »

I doubt any of the three girls were the driving force. Those responsible here and abroad target specific types of people who are vulnerable and impressionable.

This.

But yes, don’t let them return.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2019, 07:25:51 PM »

Ok, so what part of joining ISIS was it she was hoping it was like, that we should all feel sorry for her here?

Did she not know or read they were terrorists and she wanted some?

Get a life people. Some mistakes are for life.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2019, 11:12:48 PM »

Sometimes today’s terrorists turn into tomorrow’s freedom fighters.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2019, 01:53:44 AM »

What has she actually done? She is guilty of going to live somewhere else. And tacitly approving of the actions of others. And that's it? That's what's so terrible? So far as we know, she hasn't planted any bombs, shot anyone, spread hate on the internet, distributed seditious material, attended any dodgy gatherings or taken part in any terrorist activity at all. The hate we have seen spread on the internet on this topic and others has been by hard-line inflexible nationalists who are more dangerous to our society than she is.
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2019, 06:22:07 AM »

Another line of thought here, especially with the way IS twist peoples minds.

She will have been totally convinced that it was the west/UK that killed her 2 other children, our actions/bombs/soldiers or whatever will be wholly to blame. As a young lady of any mindset with this driven into you will make you full of hate and wanting revenge. Maybe not straight away but at some point she is going to want vengeance.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: