blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:17:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  I know....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I know....  (Read 1578 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: February 27, 2019, 12:02:52 PM »

....let's pay the BBC twice!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47383559

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 01:37:19 PM »

What will be on Britbox?

The details have not been announced but BBC shows which are no longer aired regularly - such as Absolutely Fabulous - may be available.

ITV dramas such as Vera and Endeavour - and its predecessor Morse - are also likely contenders.

Whoop de do.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 02:11:19 PM »

What will be on Britbox?

The details have not been announced but BBC shows which are no longer aired regularly - such as Absolutely Fabulous - may be available.

ITV dramas such as Vera and Endeavour - and its predecessor Morse - are also likely contenders.

Whoop de do.

That's as spooky as it gets.

Any interest I had in those quotes by the BBC chap ended abruptly when I read the line;

"...The details have not been announced but BBC shows which are no longer aired regularly - such as Absolutely Fabulous - may be available...".

I mean, AbFab was OK if you like that sort of thing, but I'd be buggered if I'd consider watching it again, & double buggered to even consider paying to watch it.  

I suppose it's all to do with being an old fart, sorts such as you, Nirvana, Ralph, Adzy & myself don't even know what streaming is, or what shop we'd go to to buy a bag of steams.  

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 01:34:01 PM »

I have no idea what this is for or why I would pay for it.

I pay for Netflix because the original tv/movies are great. I very rarely use it to watch a re-run of something that has been shown elsewhere other than the odd film.

This is basically a paid for IPlayer / ITV Player where nothing expires. I can't see how this will ever be worth my money given the quality of BBC/ITV shows in general

The idea that "43% of all homes which use the Internet are interested in a subscription to BritBox" is laughable. 
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 02:33:28 PM »

I have no idea what this is for or why I would pay for it.

I pay for Netflix because the original tv/movies are great. I very rarely use it to watch a re-run of something that has been shown elsewhere other than the odd film.

This is basically a paid for IPlayer / ITV Player where nothing expires. I can't see how this will ever be worth my money given the quality of BBC/ITV shows in general

The idea that "43% of all homes which use the Internet are interested in a subscription to BritBox" is laughable.  

I just hope they don't start diluting the quality of the existing schedule to subsidise content on BritBox.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 02:35:15 PM »

Tommy Robinson might be happy to pay and then watch it exclusively.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: