blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:26:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272582 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Long road back
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Long road back  (Read 5117 times)
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2019, 12:43:09 PM »

Still active as a gigging musician, but it's not full rock bands any more. I spend my time providing acoustic accompaniment for a very talented female vocalist (www.facebook.com/songbirdami if anyone's interested).

I was interested. WP, as they say.

I seem to remember your boy getting into guitar when he was young. Did he keep it up?

That's right, he got his first electric guitar aged 8, and I seem to remember posting some videos on here of his early progress, playing along to some AC/DC. Unfortunately, it was soon after that my daughter's health became the main focus of the family for a few years and Joe's tuition took a back seat. However, very happy to say that since we got Charlotte back in a good space, I've been able to help Joe get back on track. He's a budding rock star in the making, with a growing collection of his own guitars, plus access to my (un)healthy collection. School is tough for Joe, for complex reasons I won't go into here, but playing guitar is his outlet. We've even managed to negotiate a slightly adapted timetable for him where he can spend some time playing his guitar in the music room, rather than sitting in some of the classes he has no interest in. His plan in a couple of years is a modern music performance course at college, then on to stardom. Every gig I take him to enthuses him more. In the last few years I've stood him in front of the likes of Guns N Roses/Slash (3 times including Download last year), Iron Maiden, Extreme (twice), Metallica, and this year he has Ugly Kid Joe, Sacred Reich, Gojira to look forward to.

He's going to be the rock star I wanted to be, before I gave it all up for my dream job in compliance Smiley

Guns N Roses?

If both of you are into that sort of thing, one of the best "Rockumentaries" I've ever seen is Duff McKagan's "It's So Easy (And Other Lies)" which is shown from time to time on Sky Arts or BBC Four, I forget which.  It's a lengthy view, best part of 2 hours, but a thoroughly good watch, as it tells the warts & all story of a rock star as he plumbed the depths of alcohol & drug addiction, then sorted himself out.

Thanks, will definitely check that out.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2019, 12:46:09 PM »

If both of you are into that sort of thing, one of the best "Rockumentaries" I've ever seen is Duff McKagan's "It's So Easy (And Other Lies)" which is shown from time to time on Sky Arts or BBC Four, I forget which.  It's a lengthy view, best part of 2 hours, but a thoroughly good watch, as it tells the warts & all story of a rock star as he plumbed the depths of alcohol & drug addiction, then sorted himself out.

I'll watch that. I love survival stories, and they aren't all about being lost in the desert.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2019, 12:50:58 PM »

Here you go Adam, the You Tube version, only marginally spoilt by Spanish (?) sub-titles, but the soundtrack is in English.  The whole thing is backed by a live band comprising some of his Velvet Revolver mates with live versions of some of the GNR anthems.

Some of the language is a bit earthy, but I'm sure you can cope with that. It's not for old farts like Red or nirvana though.

Watch the first 5 minutes & you'll be hooked.  

« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 12:58:45 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2019, 12:51:38 PM »

If both of you are into that sort of thing, one of the best "Rockumentaries" I've ever seen is Duff McKagan's "It's So Easy (And Other Lies)" which is shown from time to time on Sky Arts or BBC Four, I forget which.  It's a lengthy view, best part of 2 hours, but a thoroughly good watch, as it tells the warts & all story of a rock star as he plumbed the depths of alcohol & drug addiction, then sorted himself out.

I'll watch that. I love survival stories, and they aren't all about being lost in the desert.

Ha. See the Link above.

It's amazing really. From deep, deep in the hole, & close to death, & as irresponsible as any man can be, he's now a doting Dad of two beautiful daughters, a wife he loves to bits, & he does sensible things like long distance cycling, martial arts, & has a business where he advises rock stars & celebs how to look after their money.  

He's now just like a regular guy, got a dog & everything.

Bloody lovely story.

Click to see full-size image.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 12:57:41 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2019, 02:27:31 PM »

Great that someone has started a new diary, because Tikay's is crap Cheesy

Glad to see all is well, and that your venture back into poker has been fruitful so far.

Look forward to following, and hopefully seeing you've binked!

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2019, 02:35:44 PM »

This week is a big week, too, with the GC Verification deadline.

Been interesting to watch this from the punters side of the fence. My experience so far:

Run it Once sent an email about four weeks ago asking for ID to be provided. Follow ups sent and a 'you're now restricted' email received this week.

Unibet sent an email this week asking for ID regarding an old Stan James account.

And that's it. Nothing so far from Stars, Party, Ladbrokes, bet365, Grosvenor where I have accounts of varying degrees of dormancy.

I got an email from Party a couple of weeks ago (never play on there) just logged in and won't let me until I upload some photographic ID. I'm guessing your party acct will be the same, as it will be across the board.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2019, 02:47:17 PM »

Its not every account, but those accounts requiring verification will need to upload the KYC photographic verification

GC requirement

If you haven't had an email, proceed as normal

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2019, 03:03:16 PM »

I've stopped grinding the slots now, but they were getting to be a nightmare even a year ago.

Understandable, given all the aggro they get themselves into letting randoms punt on other people's cards, lol.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2019, 03:05:05 PM »

I'm guessing your party acct will be the same, as it will be across the board.

Correct. Logged in last week with no issues, just tried again and photo ID is required.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2019, 03:23:44 PM »

Glad to hear that things are going well for you and the family Adam.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2019, 06:48:10 PM »

If both of you are into that sort of thing, one of the best "Rockumentaries" I've ever seen is Duff McKagan's "It's So Easy (And Other Lies)" which is shown from time to time on Sky Arts or BBC Four, I forget which.  It's a lengthy view, best part of 2 hours, but a thoroughly good watch, as it tells the warts & all story of a rock star as he plumbed the depths of alcohol & drug addiction, then sorted himself out.

Ha. See the Link above.

It's amazing really. From deep, deep in the hole, & close to death, & as irresponsible as any man can be, he's now a doting Dad of two beautiful daughters, a wife he loves to bits, & he does sensible things like long distance cycling, martial arts, & has a business where he advises rock stars & celebs how to look after their money.  

He's now just like a regular guy, got a dog & everything.

Bloody lovely story.

Click to see full-size image.

Saves me having to watch it anyway.

The older I get, the better I was.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2019, 09:44:04 PM »

Glad to see all is well, and that your venture back into poker has been fruitful so far.

Probs more chance of seeing a Vegas staking post than in Tikays too   Grin Grin Grin ;
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2019, 12:05:43 AM »

Hadn't really intended on it being a diary Smiley
Just saying hello as it's been a while since I posted and I got spotted lurking.
See how it goes I guess.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2019, 12:06:23 AM »

Glad to hear that things are going well for you and the family Adam.

Cheers Ralph
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2019, 09:34:28 AM »

Starting to remember why I left Blonde now.

The same few people arguing, slinging insults and being generally very unpleasant to each other. It starts in the Politics thread, but they follow each other on to other threads and continue the mud slinging throughout the forum.

In the early days there was a zero tolerance on trolling, aggression and rudeness of any kind. I received a few (perfectly justifiable) short bans myself for losing my temper and over stepping the mark, but for comments and behaviour that's a mile short of the tone of discourse I read on the forum today. There was a real family/community feel that just isn't here any more. It's a real shame, because it was a really nice place to hang out back in the day.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: