blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:06:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP 2019 Updates
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 2019 Updates  (Read 48875 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 21, 2019, 10:28:17 AM »

Thoughts are with you Tony.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 21, 2019, 04:32:13 PM »

Condolences to you and your family TonyT

Ah! The element of surprise
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 22, 2019, 10:25:40 AM »

Condolences to you and your family Tony.

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: June 22, 2019, 01:03:39 PM »

My condolences Tony.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 22, 2019, 06:15:59 PM »

Ghastly news, so sorry to hear this Tony.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 22, 2019, 07:33:26 PM »

Event 34 - $1000 Double Stack NLH, 5 Day Event, Day 5 of 5, 6214 entries

Joseph Cheong had two runner-up finishes, a third (in the Main Event) and a fourth, and has now added a WSOP bracelet to his poker CV.

He managed to use his big stack to his advantage and by the time heads-up play with David Ivers started, he had a 3:1 advantage and although Ivers came back at one point, Cheong was never to be headed and won the bracelet and over $687K

The day started 6-handed, but within 8 hands they were down to 3 as first Ido Ashkenazi bust, quickly followed by Arianna Son and then in the very next hand we said "Arrividerci" to Andrea Bunonocore.

Zinan Xu was the short stack throughout three-handed play and never managed to improve on that.

Event 39 - $1000 Super Seniors NLH, Day 3 of 3, 2650 entries

Extra time required here as there are still 10 players involved. Michael Blake has been like a wrecking ball on Day 3, eliminating player after player and earning himself the chip lead.

He'll be sat next to two-time bracelet winner Barry Shulman as they reconvene for Day 4, on two five-handed tables rather than combining for an unofficial FT of 10.

Second place belongs to Kanajett Hathaitham and third to Rick Austin in an all-American final 10.

Event 40 - $1500 PLO, Day 3 of 3, 1216 entries

Ismael Bojang has won his first bracelet in his 75th WSOP cash (and 10th this series) by beating James Little heads-up. Little entered heads-up 2.4:1 down and Bojang never left him off the hook, winning all the big hands and eventually finishing tbe job off with a 7-high straight.

Ben Zamani won the battle to be best of Boca Raton in third, with Day 2 chip leader Denis Bagdasarov finishing 4th.

A quick mention for 18th placed Carson Wieland, who was playing his first ever WSOP event and made it to the final day.

Event 41 - $10K Seven Card Stud, Day 3 of 4, 88 entries

As expected, done and dusted within three days. With 6 of the 7 remaining players having already won WSOP bracelets, a star-studded heads-up match was likely, and we got what Lance Bradley tweeted was the first ever heads-up match for a bracelet between two Poker Hall of Fame members.

The final was between Daniel Negreanu (6 bracelets) and John Hennigan (5 bracelets) with the Canadian having the early lead, but 4 hours or so of up & down stud poker later, it was Hennigan who got the better of it and equalised the bracelet count between the two at 6-each.

Hennigan won $245K, Negreanu (who hasn't won a bracelet in Vegas since 2008) $151K and third-placed David "ODB" Baker $104K.

I mentioned a few days ago that Upeshka Da Silva wins his bracelets in odd-numbered years, well this breaks the opposite sequence for Hennigan, who won his first five in 02/04/14/16 & 18

Event 42 - $600 Mixed NLH/PLO deepstack, 8-max, Day 2 of 2, $500K Guaranteed prize pool, 2403 entries

As expected, a Day 3 will be necessary as eight players bagged chips at the end of Day 2.

It's no change at the top as Day 1 chip leader Adam Lamphere is back at the top of the listings on Day 2, with only Dan Matsuzki anywhere near his chip total.

It's four Americans against four international players, 2 of which come from India with third placed Raghav Bansal one of the duo from the subcontinent.

Sam Razavi put in a gallant effort to make his second FT of the series, but fell short when eliminated in 10th ($16603) after being chip leader for a part of the day.

Other British cashes included $2473 for Robert Cowen, $2097 for Gilad Tiefenbrun and $1796 for James Dempsey.

Event 43 - $2500 Mixed Big Bet, Day 2 of 3, 218 entries

With some tournaments finishing early and others requiring extra time, it's a bit of normality to see an event that should finish in its normal compliment of 3 days.

7 remain, headed up by last years runner-up Ryan Hughes who has already eliminated the player who outlasted him last year, Scott Bohlman in the last bustout of the day.

5 of the seven have bracelets already in their trophy cabinet, Loren Klein having three and Hughes two. One of the others who has one previous bracelet is WPT commentator Mike Sexton who appears to be playing better now he's in his seventies than he has for years.

Usman Siddique was the only British player to cash, squeaking in to the money and being the first player eliminated post-bubble for $3767.

Event 44 - $1500 NLH Bounty, Day 1 of 3, 1807 entries

With good timing, the bubble burst on the last hand of the day meaning all 272 players who return for day 2 are in the money (a min cash is $1414)

I'm not sure I've referenced anyone from Andorra in these updates before now but there's a first time for most things, and that time is now. Ignacio Molina picked up his first WSOP cash earlier in the week in Event 34, and he's now got a second and is in good shape as the Day 1 chip leader.

Geographic neighbour Kevin Naegelen from France is second and Baitai Li from New York state is third.

A decent amount of GB players made the money headed by Tom Hall in 7th spot with Scott Margereson 24th and Andrew Hills 55th the best of them.

Looking at a few other names, Sam Grizzle is a real blast from the past, with Hendon Mob cashes dating back to 1988, Barry Greenstein can't match that, only going back to 1992 but does have 3 bracelets, and the looming spectre of Phil Ivey who is still looking for a really deep run to possibly add to his 10 bracelets is through too, but will need a double-up pretty soon on Day 2.

Event 45 - $25K PLO High Roller, Day 1 of 4, 222 entries so far

One of the big boy events, which will have a significant effect on the Player of the Year standings and needs just 8 late registrations to match last year's record field.

128 of the 222 remain, with Keith Lehr a smidgin ahead of Paul Volpe at the top of the standings, and Firas Sadou a little further back in third.

Ludovic Geilich is the highest placed of the British challenge in 5th, with another LG, Lautaro Guerra just outside the top 10 and Gavin Cochrane in 18th.

Next placed with a Union Jack against their name is Jorryt Van Hoff, showing as from London, but the 2014 ME third-placed is from the Netherlands and is presumably a resident of our capital.

Plenty of bracelet winners left, including Robert Mizrachi now on a mission to get back level with his brother, last year's winner Shaun Deeb and the 2015 winner Anthony Zinno.

Event 46 - $500 WSOP.com Online NLH Turbo Deepstack, 1 Day Event, 1181 entries

A long event title, but for an online bracelet it was more of a sprint than a marathon and was done and dusted in just over seven hours.

The player who ended up as last man standing was Dan Lupo who had been prominent throughout the day, and saw off David Clarke to take the bracelet and $145K.

Third place went to someone who is still only listed by his on-line alias, "johnsonck".

To start today

Event 47 - $1000/$10K Ladies NLH, 4 Day Event

Event 48 - $2500 NLH, 4 Day Event

Event 49 - $10K Limit 2-7 Lowball Triple Draw, 4 Day Event

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 22, 2019, 07:35:51 PM »

Event 39 - $1000 Super Seniors NLH, Day 4 of 3, 2650 entries

Michael Blake comes to the WSOP just to play this one event, he's played it for the last three years and cashed in it each time. Now he's gone all the way and taken first WSOP title and over $369K.

He led going into the extra Day 4, and despite losing it at one point to Cary Marshall who started the day like a house on fire, but lost a big hand to Barry Shulman and went out in 3rd.

Stacks were pretty even for a while, but inexorably Blake drew ahead and after about 50 hands of heads-up Shulman shoved with both a flush draw and an open ended-straight draw, but Blake had two pair and all Shulman's draws missed, his hopes for a third bracelet disppeared and Blake could start the celebrations.

Event 42 - $600 Mixed NLH/PLO deepstack, 8-max, Day 3 of 2, $500K Guaranteed prize pool, 2403 entries

Early in the event, Aristeidis Moschonas was down to half a big blind, but over 48 hours later he converted a chip and a chair into a WSOP gold bracelet and $194K after beating 2018 bracelet winner Dan Matsuzuki heads-up.

The two Indian players at the FT finished 5th (Ashish Ahuja) and 3rd (Raghav Bansal) with Germany's Rainer Kempe in between them in 4th.

Event 43 - $2500 Mixed Big Bet, Day 3 of 3, 218 entries

In the 1970s, Bill Boyd and Doyle Brunson both won four bracelets in consecutive years. There are a lot more bracelets now, but the fields are much bigger too so it's still a very impressive achievement matched today by Loren Klein

Klein won a mixed NLH/PLO event in 2016, a $1500 PLO the next year and last year a $10K Championship bracelet in PLO 8-handed. Now he's made it four in a bracelet event that encompasses 7 variants (Big O, No-Limit Hold’em, No-Limit 2-7 Lowball Draw, Pot-Limit Omaha Hi-Lo 8 or Better,No-Limit 5-Card Draw High, Pot-Limit Omaha & Pot-Limit 2-7 Lowball Triple Draw)

He was the short stack when the day started, but together with Ryan Hughes and Phil **** gradually drew away from the rest of the contenders.

**** bust in third and then Klein had a good set of Big O and NLH hands to propel him into a chip lead, and after the game changed to PLO Hi-Lo, a flush condemned Hughes to be the runner-up in this event for the second consecutive year.

Mike Sexton was the first bustout of the day and collected $12K, third placed **** $51K, Hughes nearly $79K and Klein a very nice $127K.

Event 44 - $1500 NLH Bounty, Day 2 of 3, 1807 entries

Only two bracelet holders are among the 23 who will play for the Event 44 title on Friday, including second-placed Asi Moshe who has 2 to his credit while Harrison Gimbel in 4th place has just the one.

Everyone else is looking for their maiden victory, including chip leader Damjan Radanov and fifth place Andrew Hills who hails from Preston.

It would not only be the first bracelet for Vitaljis Zavorotnijs but the first ever for a player from Lativa, while Martijn Gerrits has already made the FT of one bounty event here and is in the top half of the Day 3 field.

Of the other British players, David Tovar in 31st and Dragos Trofimov (36th) both collected $6434 while Scott Margereson (80th) pocketed $2752 the same as a certain Mr Phil Ivey.

Event 45 - $25K PLO High Roller, Day 2 of 4, 278 entries

We're down to 39 halfway through the PLO High Roller, with two Asian players way out in front. Anson Tsang from Hong Kong and James Chen from Taiwan both have over 4m chips in their bags with nearest challenger Alex Epstein (winner of Cool just under 2.5m in third.

Three British challengers are still in with a shout, Ludovic Geilich, Stephen Chidwick and Lautaro Guerra are clustered between 13th and 18th in the overnight standings.

Former ME winner Joe Hachem has survived (albeit with a short stack) as has Erik Seidel, Robert Mizrachi, Paul Volpe and Justin Bonomo.

Event 47 - $1000/$10K Ladies NLH, Day 1 of 4, 968 entries

It may not be "Jenny From The Block" but it is Jennifer Lopez who is the Day 1 leader in the Ladies Event, ahead of Katie Lindsay and Diane Cooley.

Two of last years FT are still involved, Jill Pike and Molly Mossey, and some former bracelet winners like Allyn Shulman, Jackie Glazier and Kathy Liebert.

From the UK, Daiva Barauskaite, Natalia Brevigliere and Deborah Worley-Roberts all have long names and are all inside the top 17, but they're the only ones who have made the 261 who will re-start on Day 2.

146 will get a min-cash of just under $1500 with the winner collecting $167K.

Thankfully, I have seen no evidence of any men trying to enter the ladies event again this year.

Event 48 - $2500 NLH, Day 1 of 4, 996 entries

So close to some nice round numbers, with just 4 shy of 1000 entries and 1 more than 200 who will be back for Day 2.

Baitai Li holds the chip lead, but it is the player in 2nd most of us in the UK will be interested in as that is the Hendon Mob's very own Barny Boatman.

Canada, Austria, Denmark, Spain and Bulgaria are all represented inside the Top 10 (in fact there's three Austrians inside the Top 11)

A sprinkling of other British names can be found in the reporting, Robert Heidorn, Niall Farrell and Ben Dobson amongst them while there's a first sighting (for me at least) of the 2014 ME winner Martin Jacobson who will come back inside top quartile of the field.

Event 49 - $10K Limit 2-7 Lowball Triple Draw, Day 1 of 4, 92 entries so far

32 players advance with Johannes Becker from Germany the chip leader, but with a couple of Brits hard on his heels in the shapes of Benny Glaser and Luke Schwartz.

I could run through most of the rest of the 32 players as "well known names" but I'll just pick out a few - Calvin Anderson, Max Kruse, Brian Hastings, David Benyamine, Event 33 (also in 2-7 Lowball Triple Draw) winner Robert Campbell and Mike Matusow.

Expect a couple more players to jump in before late reg expires early on Day 2.

To start today

Event 50 - $1500 Monster Stack NLH, 5 Day Event, 2 starting flights Fri/Sat

Event 51 - $2500 Mixed Omaha Hi-Lo/Stud Hi-Lo, 3 Day Event

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 22, 2019, 07:38:17 PM »

Event 44 - $1500 NLH Bounty, Day 3 of 3, 1807 entries

Second place entering the final day, Asi Moshe came to the fore and collected his third bracelet, with the Israeli also picking up a very nice $253K, plus I think another $12K in bounties.

He entrered heads-up play against Damjan Radanov with almost an 8:1 lead and not surprising it didn't take long for him to finish the American off, although there was one double-up which delayed the inevitable.

Germany's Tonio Roder ran a three barrel bluff with his last 7m chips at just the wrong time, Moshe holding pocket aces to knock Roder out in third.

The last Brit standing was Andrew Hills who made the FT, finishing 6th for $45K,

Event 45 - $25K PLO High Roller, Day 3 of 4, 278 entries

A select field of 7 remain with a British presence at the very top of the leaderboard. Stephen Chidwick has almost 13m chips and only Alex Epstein with 10.8m is anywhere close.

Robert Mizrachi lies 3rd, with 8-time bracelet holder Erik Seidel in 6th.

Two other GB players were busted on Day 3, Ludovic Geilich in 23th and Lautaro Guerrain 17th, both for over $50K,

Event 47 - $1000/$10K Ladies NLH, Day 2 of 4, 968 entries

I mentioned yesterday that the 3 remaining GB players were all ones with compartively long names, well the chip leader today is the polar opposite as it is the Canadian Tu Dao.

She has just one WSOP cash, from back in 2005 which is one less than second placed Nancy Matson (although she has a WSOP Circuit ring to her name).

Day 1 chip leader Jennifer Lopez has progressed through to Day 2 together with two former bracelet winners in Jackie Glazier and Kathy Leibert, plus some who have had deep runs in this very event, Jill Pike, Lisa Fong and Deborah Worley-Roberts

Worley-Roberts is accompanied by another player with the Union Jack beside her name, Natalia Brevigliere, while third player I had listed in that category yesterday (Daiva Barauskaite) is now showing as Daiva Byrne from Lithuania

Event 48 - $2500 NLH, Day 2 of 4, 996 entries

Just 26 players are left, with Baitai Le the chip leader for a second day running. Two more Americans come next (Michael Finstein and Ryan Olisar) before we come to a rare player from Uruguay (Pablo Melongo)

After that, the better known players appear with Josh Arieh 5th, Ari Engel 6th and in 7th place no other than Barny Boatman.

Robert Heidorn and Michael Stephenson make up a three-strong UK challenge, nicely split one on each of the 3 tables, and all guarenteed at least $12244 with the eventual winner picking up $427K.

Event 49 - $10K Limit 2-7 Lowball Triple Draw, Day 1 of 4, 100 entries

9% of the runners have made Day 3, and despite losing Benny Glaser as the last elimination of the Day there is still a chance of a British winner with Luke Schwartz in second place.

He marginally trails just George Wolff, each of the top with more than 50% more chips than third placed Mark Gregorich.

Brian Hastings, Calvin Anderson, Daniel Ospina, Johannes Becker, Mike Gorodinsky & Yueqi Zhu make up the rest of a very talented final 9.

Event 50 - $1500 Monster Stack NLH, 5 Day Event, Day 1A, 2428 entries

Two Brits in the top 6, with Conor Beresford holding the chiplead (almost half the Day 1A field moving on) and Dean Hutchison in 6th spot.

Iaron Lightbourne, Sunny Chattha, Usman Siddique, Simon Deadman and Adam Owen are also among about 30 British players who have made Day 2.

Amnon Filippi doesn't have a bracelet to his credit, but seems like he's been prominent for years with his best WSOP result being 4th in the Poker Players Championship in 2007 and lies second here with Mark Johnson third.

In fourth spot is Alisson Piekazewicz who I initially assumed was a) female and b) Polish. I was wrong on both counts, he's a young Brazilian male player.

Some other names through - Pierre Neuville, Matt Stout, Neil Blumenfield and Ali Imsirovic

Event 51 - $2500 Mixed Omaha Hi-Lo/Stud Hi-Lo, Day 1 of 3, 401 entries

It's Russia to the fore with Andrey Zaichenko the leader after the opening day of action, one of 128 players still in with a shout.

The American challenge starts at No. 2, with last year's Player of the Year Shaun Deeb trying to notch up points in a bid to retain that award, and Tom Schneider in third.

אלי אלעזרא (Eli Elezra) and Michael Mizrachi have already padded their bracelet totals this year and are still in this one too, and Phil Ivey was one of the latest of the late reggers and hasn't done much more than protect his opening stack yet while Phil Hellmuth similarly joined the show late on and has at least had one double up.

From these shores, it's a first shout-out of the 2019 WSOP for Stuart Rutter, plus Xunen Zheng, Philip Long, Ben Dobson and Aussie-in-residence Mel Judah bagging chips at close of play.

There son't be a repeat winner here as 2018 bracelet hero David Brookshire was one of the Day 1 casualties.

To start today

Event 52 - $10K PLO 8-max, 4 Day Event

plus Day 1B of the Monster Stack

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 23, 2019, 05:32:55 PM »

DOUBLE BRITISH BRACELET ALERT!

I'll repeat that - DOUBLE BRITISH BRACELET ALERT!

Event 45 - $25K PLO High Roller, Day 4 of 4, 278 entries

The first British bracelet of the day goes to Stephen Chidwick. After so many near misses (13 Final Tables) the man from Kent finally got his hands on the jewellry (and a huge pile of cash - $1.6m worth).

It was Chidwick's first event of the WSOP, he arrived in Vegas just in time to late reg.

James Chen was aiming to get the first ever bracelet for Taiwan, but came up one position short as Chidwick won the heads-up match in just short of a hour. Chen also bagged a 7-figure payday to ease his pain of losing out.

Third place went to Matthew Gonzales and fourth to Robert Mizrachi.

Event 47 - $1000/$10K Ladies NLH, Day 3 of 4, 968 entries

Tu Dao had a roller-coaster of a day, but in the end she finished it exactly where she started it, top of the chip listings.

Just six remain, with Jiyoung Kim of Korea in second place in what will be her first ever WSOP cash, and Nancy Matson is third. Nobody still in contention has a bracelet to their credit so it will be a brand new experience for someone.

Deborah Worley-Roberts went out in 21st spot ($4767) and Natalia Breviglieri 15th for $7311.

Event 48 - $2500 NLH, Day 3 of 4, 996 entries

Another player with heaps of WSOP experience has also broken his duck as Ari Engel took down Event 48.

Heads-up with Pablo Melogno didn't last long, the Uruguayan entering the final with about an 11:4 lead but a huge hand when Engle shoved in the flop aith AQ on a K-10-4 board (and a back door flush draw) while Melongo called with top pair. A Jack on the river won it for the American with nearly all the chips in play shifting his way, and one hand later it was all over.

William Hoffman was third on a FT that lasted just 68 hands.

Of the three British challengers, Barny Boatman did best (18th for a little over $15K) while both Robert Heidorn and Michael Stephenson busted on the previous payout level for $12K.

Event 49 - $10K Limit 2-7 Lowball Triple Draw, Day 3 of 4, 100 entries

No need for a Day 4 as Luke Schwartz made it two bracelets on the day for the British contingent.

He seems to have grown up a lot since the days of "Sandwichgate" and numerous other petulant outbursts, and perhaps he will deservedly now be known for his poker exploits.

Three handed play went on for hours with the trio of Schwartz, George Wolff and Johannes Becker going back and forth until Becker finally dropped.

After that, Wolff still wouldn't go away but a battle between two 8-high hands saw the Londoner emerge victorious and cue huge celebrations on the rail.

Event 50 - $1500 Monster Stack NLH, 5 Day Event, Day 1B, 6035 entries in total

Over 3600 players played the second flight, with the fact this was a pure freezeout catching several players out who thought they'd be able to re-enter 1B after busting on 1A.

James Hundt, Kapila Garner and Rick Alvarado are the top three stacks but with nearly 1800 making it through from today's field to add to the 1A qualifiers, there's still a very long way to go.

Looking for British names, Ben Farrell is the highest place while I assume "Duthie John" with no location listed is British legend John Duthie. Martins Adeniya, Michael Kane, Katie Swift, Louis Salter, Jeff Kimber, James Rann are among those also making Day 2, along Natalia Breviglieri after busting the Ladies event.

The WSOP have helpfully picked out a few names to save me searching through a huge list, so I can say that Taylor Paur, Greg Raymer, Barry Greenstein and a couple of others from the ladies event Allyn Shulman and Jackie Glazier.

Event 51 - $2500 Mixed Omaha Hi-Lo/Stud Hi-Lo, Day 2 of 3, 401 entries

A dozen left, Michael Thompson having the biggest stack of the 12 ahead of Daniel Ratigan and continuing a very good day for British players, Philip Long is 3rd.

Stuart Rutter bust out in 49th place, earning $3882, the only other British player in the money.

Event 52 - $10K PLO 8-max, Day 1 of 4, 494 players so far

The latest $10K Championship event has seen almost 500 players already entered, meaning a decent increase on last year's 476.

No fewer than 253 players were still standing at the end of Day 1, with the concise name of Yi Li at the top of the chip listings, immediately followed by Mohsin Virani and Timothy Batow.

2011 winner Ben Lamb is the first of the better known players, with Daniel Negreanu, David Benyamine, Robert Mizrachi, Eoghan O'Dea and fresh from losing heads up in Event xx, James Chen.

Brits? Yes of course. Jan Collado is inside the Top 20, and next is Armin Ghojevand whose only recorded cashes on Hendon Mob amount to less than £2000 all in Didsbury from 2014-15. Further down we can pick out Toby Lewis, Peter Costa, Fraser MacIntyre, Stuart Rutter and Barny Boatman.

To start today

Event 53 - $800 NLH Deepstack 8-max, 2 Day Event. $750K guaranteed prize pool

Event 54 - $1500 Razz, 4 Day Event

Event 55 - $1000 WSOP.com Online NLH double stack, 1 Day Event

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 24, 2019, 02:00:54 AM »

Thanks for the kind words

What a nightmare day after chopping the binions evening tourney for 1250
We went to the pool early 0815 to get our spot
Very luckily I had taken $1500 out of my bag and put it the safe
So I had 3 x 100 bills I’d just changed 200 into 20s 10sn as I was getting low on small Bills
We fell asleep 9 am woke at 10 am my bag gone phone passport money
Got security fking useless as ever Rudy
Rudy what I asked ?
Can’t give surnames out for security reasons - wanker
Been ages on phone
Been police to file a report
Airport to check with virgin I can’t fly without it
I can’t
On way back old guy in an Uber
Says I’ll drive you 450$
A flight is 125 each
As I’ve got no I’d or c card both of us got to go
So I’m booked in for Tuesday 11am at consulate at LA
Need a passport photo
Virgin kindly waived change of date fee
What a nightmare
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 24, 2019, 02:06:45 AM »

And I thought I was running bad. That's a shocker Tony, very unlucky mate.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 24, 2019, 07:07:04 AM »

Is it expected that next year's series will be in the new Caesars conference facility currently being built?

Very good question Tighty.

I know a few Caesars/WSOP senior Suits quite well - Seth, Ty etc - & my questions to them in the last few days have been deflected & dodged. 

That had been the rumour for some time, & it recently gained strength. Certainly, The Rio building seems to be existing on a "care & maintenance" basis only, with no new spend in evidence, & the place is creaking, with elevators, escalators & all sorts out of commission.

But a few days ago, this news emerged;

https://www.investors.com/news/caesars-entertainment-stock-soars-merger-rival-eldorado-resorts/

So that may - or may not - change everything.

Caesars "as is" needs cash, so finding a buyer for the Rio solved a lot of problems.

Whether that remains the case if a buyer comes along I've no idea.

What normally happens in these spots, as you well know, & I know from recent events Next Door, is that all current plans are paused whilst they sort themselves out & re-assess everything.  

We shall see.

Looks like it has happened;

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-caesars-m-a-eldorado-idUSKCN1TO0VF?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5d0fdf17704ea70001907bba&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 24, 2019, 05:59:28 PM »

Sorry to hear your news Tony. Safe flight back to Yaxley.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 24, 2019, 06:15:27 PM »

Really sorry Tony. Hope you get home safe and as soon as you can.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 25, 2019, 12:20:53 AM »

After the double glory for British players yesterday, today was a little more low key.

Event 47 - $1000/$10K Ladies NLH, Day 4 of 4, 968 entries

The ladies event is over and the last survivor of nearly 100 players was Korea's Jiyoung Kim making her first WSOP cash a mammoth one. She wins $167K, far surpassing her previous $22K from an event in the Philippines.

It was just the second ever Korean bracelet (Sean Yu won one two years ago)

Heads-up against Nancy Matson started with Kim having about a 3:2 chip lead, a lead she never relinquished and after about 40 hands the tournament was over.

Third place went to France's Sandrine Phan, while Day 2 & 3 chip leader Tu Dao went out in fourth.

Event 50 - $1500 Monster Stack NLH, 5 Day Event, Day 2 of 5, 6035 entries in total

While 2052 players started the day after getting through the two Day 1s, three quarters of them had the long walk away from the tables after losing their last chips.

Of the 457 who did make Day 3, the player they're all chasing is Kainalu McCue-Unciano. Try saying that 10 times really fast. In second is another Las Vegas local, Andrew Moreno with Oklahoman Brady Bullard very close behind.

The bubble burst in the middle of the day and everyone still in will take at least $3534 with the winner collecting just over a million dollars.

You've got to look pretty hard to find too many well known names amongst the field, former ME winner Joe Cada perhaps the biggest name along with Pierre Neuville but the British challenge is still in decent in both quality and quantity - Juan Sanchez, Elliott Peterman, Iaron Lightbourne, Louis Salter, Sunny Chattha, Adam Daniel, Christopher Poulton, Andrew Fields, Robert Tinnion, John Duthie (correctly ordered today), Raul Martinez, Robert Sherwood,
James Rann, Guy Taylor, Phillippe Souki, Graham Hiew, Kevin Wibberley, Dean Hutchison and Jeff Kimber being the players in question.

Event 51 - $2500 Mixed Omaha Hi-Lo/Stud Hi-Lo, Day 3 of 3, 401 entries

A very late night, with Yuri Dzivielevksi and Michael Thompson agreeing to play an extra hour when they were heads-up at what would have normally been the end of Day 3.

The extra hour was barely scratched, a couple of hands was all that needed as Dzivielevski got a full house on the turn of an Omaha Hi-Lo hand with no low draw and Thmpson was drawing dead.

The big hand happened maybe half an hour earlier on a hand of Stud Hi-Lo Dzivielevski hit a K-Q high flush on seventh street while Thompson could only manage a K-9 flush. This saw Dzivielevski take a dominating lead after stacks had been pretty even beforehand.

Third and fourth places went to Russians (Stebkov & Zaichenko) while Philip Long had another deep run bowing out in 6th for $31K.

Event 52 - $10K PLO 8-max, Day 2 of 4, 518 players so far

Far and away the biggest of the $10K events outside the Main, with a record field for this event.

Both yesterday's British bracelet winners entered this at the last minute, with very different results. Stephen Chidwick lasted all of one hand (!) while Luke Schwartz was hot all day and ended Day 2 second in chips behind only Daniel Alaei. Another former bracelet winner, Shaun Deeb lies third.

Hand-for-hand play on the bubble lasted 9 hands before Ray Henson was the last to leave without at least a $15K min cash and from then to close of play we lost two British players, Jan Collado (for that min-cash) and Peter Costa ($16K). That leaves Schwartz, James Park (8th) and Matthew Perry (28th) to battle on towards possible future glory.

Shout out to David Halpern. Last heard of here I think back in Event 4 when he finished 4th, he is through to tomorrow's play in both this and the Monster Stack, and could frequently be seen running between the two events during the day.

Event 53 - $800 NLH Deepstack 8-max, Day 1 of 2, $750K guaranteed prize pool, 3759 entries

440 players through to Day 2, with one of the bigger stacks belonging to the No. 1 ranked player in the Global Poker Index, Alex Foxen. He lies in seventh place in a list headed by Kenneth Johnson, Shmuel Hada and 2013 November Niner Amir Lehavot.

Lehavot finished third that year, but there are still 3 ME winners left here, as well as recent bracelet winner Asi Moshe.

From this country, Adrian State leads the way in 18th, ahead of Harry Lodge , Timothy Chung, Aaron Fisher and Simon Deadman all inside the Top 100 and there are plenty of others further down still in play.

Let's see if they can manage to play down from 440 to 1 inside one day's play.

Event 54 - $1500 Razz, Day 1 of 4, 363 entries

You'd think Eric Rodawig would be favoured in another variant of poker, he is from Omaha after all, but it's Razz in which he leads the Day 1 field.

Mr Burns is second, not Montgomery Burns but Stephen Burns from Michigan and Doug Lorgeree about whom I know nothing is third.

Adam Owen is one of a handful of Brits through along with Vamshi Vandanapu, Jason Gray and the micro-stacked Joe Brindle.

Loren Klein, fresh from his fourth bracelet in consecutive years bagged chips as did Ryan Reiss, Gavin Griffin, Jennifer Tilly and for the second time today Chris Ferguson.

55 will get paid a minimum of $2247 with the winner getting $119K.

Event 55 - $1000 WSOP.com Online NLH double stack, 1 Day Event, xxx entries

Another online event so not much to write about, except to note that the winner Jason Gooch was the runner-up in an earlier on-line bracelet event and this time he went one better, he's also cashed in a couple of the live PLO events in Vegas.

Three Italians made the final table, Max Pescatori (9th), Gianluca Speranza (7th) and Dario Sammartino (4tH), with, for the record, Anthony Augostino 3rd and Brian Wood the runner-up#

To start today

Event 56 - $1500 NLH Super Turbo Bounty, 1 Day Event

Event 57 - $1000 NLH Tag Team, 4 Day Event

Event 58 - $50K Poker Players Championship (mixed games), 5 Day Event

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: