blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:01:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Sheffield United
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sheffield United  (Read 14504 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2021, 11:49:32 AM »

We should beat these bums.

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2021, 08:04:14 PM »

WSBTB.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2021, 02:28:49 PM »

That's it then. We've had our season in the sun and we're off back down below the horizon and into the shadows.

What a year to make it into the top flight. I wonder how long before they get up again? Maybe never.

BTW- I wouldn't be surprised if Newcastle come down to keep us company.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2021, 10:51:18 AM »

Looks like you need a new Manager Tom. Who do you fancy for the job?

Klopp? Pep? Hodgson? Big Sam?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55254730

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2021, 10:56:38 AM »

Aw,  can't see how they improve on him.   I think it was very much an issue with signings.  They have clearly run bad at times, and the points total was improving.  Think they were likely to comd straight back up if they kept the faith.  Much more likely than West Brom anyway.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2021, 11:02:22 AM »

I feel sorry for Chris, I think fate conspired against him. It all could have been so different. So many narrow margins...

I think we should give Roy Keane a go.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2021, 11:05:31 PM »

We only used to lose 1 - 0 under Wilder.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2021, 07:43:39 AM »

Looks like a Pulis/Stoke situation of being careful what you wish for and the grass not always being greener.   Wilder is fav for the Celtic job now which will probably be a pay rise for him.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2021, 07:59:37 AM »

Looks like a Pulis/Stoke situation of being careful what you wish for and the grass not always being greener.   Wilder is fav for the Celtic job now which will probably be a pay rise for him.

I don't think many of Sheffield United fans wished for him to go at all though.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2021, 08:31:42 AM »

Sure i was talking more about the owner in this case.   Losing most EPL games 1-0 with their squad is probably ahead of reality and expectation.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2021, 02:50:26 PM »

Sure i was talking more about the owner in this case.   Losing most EPL games 1-0 with their squad is probably ahead of reality and expectation.

Yeah, the owner was getting all the criticism from what I have seen.

https://twitter.com/oli_mcburnie/status/1370840948381474819

They were certainly doing Ok on the xG last time I saw, and never really looked like getting smashed 5-0.  They were well ahead of West Brom and not far off 4 or 5 others, an dthough they ran above expectation last year, it was still a massive massive achievement considering where they were when Wilder took over. 

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2021, 03:37:58 PM »

The weird thing for me is next season we will be looking for a manger apt at getting teams promoted on smaller budgets and with proven man management/motivational skills. On paper Wilder would be one of the favs for the job he’s just lost.

But, he’s committed the big error that promoted teams make in that he spent the new money the club got like a guy that’s been let loose with a credit card in someone else’s name.If you were the owner and saw your team had 60 million quid worth of new strikers on the bench yesterday and couldn’t score in a brothel I think you have every right to question the manager that’s made those signings and why you’d want to move to a more football operations guy to deal with transfers than the manager having that responsibility. The head of recruitment is a big mate if Wilders too, he should be next to go.

This isn’t aftertiming cos I raged about this on SM at the time, we sold Dominic Calvert L to Everton for 1.5 m a few years ago with no add ons for Prem appearances, Prem goals, International Apps or goals either. At 19 he was one of the best players in his age group in the country. A player he was keeping out of the England  U19 team at the time Lookman was bought by Everton for 11 million soon after.

Sold Ramsdale for 1.5 million and paid 18 to take him back. We had a % of future transfer fee added into that to take 3 mill off it. Imagine how good 20% would look from the next DCL deal too.

I’m sorry to see him go because I think he’s the best man to bring us back again up  but any rookie chairman has every right to wonder how we can’t score goals when his manager has had his pants taken down in the transfer market because the buying was more along the lines of ‘need more bodies’ not ‘need more quality’  and the selling was appalling.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 03:40:08 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2021, 03:44:00 PM »

Fair comment that Mr Q.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2021, 03:46:03 PM »

The new owner has International football people working with him so I fancy it might be a decent European guy next. European mangers are more comfortable working in the football GM deals with recruitment and manger managers  the team set up he wants too. I just hope it’s not a retread of some multiple failure guys like a Mark Hughes type.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2021, 03:53:44 PM »

Fair comment that Mr Q.

Cheers Tom, I’m still trying explain to my 11 year old daughter why Ollie McBurnie is about 6 foot 4 stood tall and about 6 foot 2 when he jumps to head the ball. 18 mill there, 23 for Brewster. 10 for Mousset who I’m told has IBS and don’t think has ever played a full 90 minutes in the two seasons he’s been with us. Ollie Burke is a sprinter in football boots we swapped Callum Robinson for who we paid 8 million for. Tho I think we got 2 million back.

When you’ve spent that much money and the 2 best strikers we have are the two that got us out of the Championship 2 years ago, Mcgoldrick and Sharp then you’ve done something very wrong with 60 million quid haven’t you.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 03:55:33 PM by bobby1 » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: