blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:31:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Let’s talk poker
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let’s talk poker  (Read 31621 times)
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2019, 08:26:23 AM »

Should be interesting.

Couldn't get past the presenter's first 5 minutes of verbal diarrhoea with the occasional swear word to prove he's a grown up.

Was Rob ever allowed to speak? If so I'm sure what he said was very interesting.

give it another go Red
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2019, 11:00:21 AM »

Should be interesting.

Couldn't get past the presenter's first 5 minutes of verbal diarrhoea with the occasional swear word to prove he's a grown up.

Was Rob ever allowed to speak? If so I'm sure what he said was very interesting.

give it another go Red

Because I like you, and I value your opinion, and we share interests outside poker, and I haven't heard from you in a 'coon's age, and I was a bit rude the first time I dismissed it, I will give it another go.

The older I get, the better I was.
engy

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2019, 11:25:11 AM »

Would the interest outside of poker be shooting Tom?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2019, 11:50:53 AM »

Shooting, field sports, ratting terriers & outdoor pursuits in general engy.

I went clay shooting the other day, it was the first time in years and I was absolutely useless.

I shot two boxes of cartridges and was all aches and pains with a bruised shoulder to boot.

The clays finished the day in much better shape than I did.

The older I get, the better I was.
engy

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2019, 03:00:19 PM »

I thought it might be the shooting and the terriers Tom. I knew Alex was into all that when he was living back here.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2019, 03:53:48 PM »

No need to shoot him, he only said he didn't like Joey.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2019, 06:00:58 PM »

One for the "what were they thinking?" file;

The scene - A Ladies only MTT over the weekend as part of "the Battle of Malta" thing.

And the Dealers turned up dressed like this;

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2019, 06:24:16 PM »

Those dealers will catch their deaths and then hopefully sue.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2019, 07:57:36 AM »

Norman Chad knows..

Tournament poker is becoming a joke – re-buys, re-entries, unlimited re-entries, late late registration, quantum this & quantum that.

At the WSOP Main Event, how ‘bout you just pay $1.3 million & we’ll slip you onto the final table, plus you get a Rio Carnival World buffet comp?

I mean, you folks can spend weeks arguing about BB Ante & weeks on markup shaming, but where are all the high-minded poker bigwigs leaning out the window & shouting, “I’m mad as hell & I’m not going to take it anymore” when it comes to UNLIMITED re-entry at WSOP bracelet events?

WSOP Europe:
Every single event is re-entry and most of them are UNLIMITED re-entry.
These are WSOP bracelet events.
This is not poker.
This is open up your wallet and try to build a big stack, and if you bust, open up your wallet and do it again. And again. And again.

https://twitter.com/normanchad/status/1185686757028663296?s=21

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2019, 08:15:49 AM »

The scene - A Ladies only MTT over the weekend as part of "the Battle of Malta" thing.

Can you imagine if the women had to turn up topless?

The world gets madder.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2019, 08:33:34 AM »

Can you imagine if the women had to turn up topless?

The world gets madder.

Or if the female valets all had to wear hot pants?

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2019, 09:30:26 AM »

And imagine if they gave bjs at the break
Would be terrible
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2019, 08:42:40 PM »

The two Phil's HU in their respective events @ WSOP-E.

Hellmuth the €25k mixed games & Ivey the €50k short deck.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2019, 07:59:06 PM »

A few lines from the poker news reports on a $100,000 tournament...

Nitsche Eliminated for the Last Time

Posted 2 hours 28 minutes ago ajlamers • Level 13: 60,000-120,000, 120,000 ante SHARE
Dominik Nitsche shoved all in for 640,000 in the cutoff and Danny Tang asked for a count from the small blind but decided to fold. Chin Wei Lim on the other hand, wasted no time in making the call from the big blind.

Chin Wei Lim: {a-Hearts}{10-Diamonds}
Dominik Nitsche: {2-Spades}{2-Clubs}

The flop of {j-Hearts}{10-Clubs}{9-Hearts} put Lim out front with a pair of tens. The turn was the {3-Diamonds} and the river was the {5-Hearts} to eliminate Nitsche from the tournament for the seventh and last time.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2019, 10:34:26 PM »

A few lines from the poker news reports on a $100,000 tournament...

Nitsche Eliminated for the Last Time

Posted 2 hours 28 minutes ago ajlamers • Level 13: 60,000-120,000, 120,000 ante SHARE
Dominik Nitsche shoved all in for 640,000 in the cutoff and Danny Tang asked for a count from the small blind but decided to fold. Chin Wei Lim on the other hand, wasted no time in making the call from the big blind.

Chin Wei Lim: {a-Hearts}{10-Diamonds}
Dominik Nitsche: {2-Spades}{2-Clubs}

The flop of {j-Hearts}{10-Clubs}{9-Hearts} put Lim out front with a pair of tens. The turn was the {3-Diamonds} and the river was the {5-Hearts} to eliminate Nitsche from the tournament for the seventh and last time.

I get this is a slippery slope, but I can't get excited about people firing multiple bullets at a 100k.  I think there is a better argument about whether some of these should get bracelets at all, as the unique entries are so low, but some of the early WSOP bracelets had some pretty small fields and they count.  I am also more alarmed if this becomes a regular thing in the 1.5k events, but you still have to beat a large number of people even on 2 bullets, and I don't see much difference between me rebuying event 55 and me playing a few more days and playing events 55 and 58. 

Having lots of cash is always a good way to accumulate bracelets; I play 1 or 2 a year with biggish fields, your wealthy businessman can fire multiple 10k bullets at championship events.  It is the same on Stars, where if you are rich enough you can play lots of high price level SCOOP/WCOOP events with a 100 or so entries.

FWIW I find the ultra late entry far more annoying in the comps I play.  You can play 30 mins in an O8 hyper with just 2 or 3 tough opponents at your table, then you get to the last minute or two of late reg and 10 players appear from nowhere (well frequently Japan) and late reg.  They can then shove a wide range with 8 bbs and always get value from the blinds and antes in NLO8 without much thinking.  The way that Stars distribute prizes means that as well as having 10 new opponents, the first prize frequently reduces with the late reggers too.  I am pretty sure that a few of them seat select and only play when the empty seat(s) are in a favourable position on the table with least players.  I have genuinely started stalling with late reg coming to an end if I get a chance to keep the BB on the right of the empty seats.  Though it isn't perfect as you can catch someone who has played from the start, but is on their 3rd bullet.  Some weeks the games just die as you struggle to get 5 at the start, even when there is 40 or 50 by the end of late reg.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: