blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:17:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Don't mess with commuters on the Tube.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Don't mess with commuters on the Tube.  (Read 4770 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2019, 02:05:28 PM »

My point was solely about the "selfish" comment, because I think the comment about their motivation was wrong.

Whether standing on a tube train at a station most people haven't heard of does the trick and whether getting a shoeing from a few alienated commuters makes them martyrs for a noble cause is another debate entirely.

And this my friend will be the way of the world.

Lots of people happy to make a noise and tell others how bad it is.

However, agreeing to pay 10p in Waitrose for a bag, and doing a bit of household waste recycling isn't going to cut the sort of mustard these individuals are looking for.

Infrastructure has to be completely updated and needs the right people to design it.

In my experience, we can have all the best will in the world, but the minute the word "budget" is introduced, we revert to cost based solutions, and this isn't going to work.

I find it incredible we haven't gone out to the world and asked people to stop breeding like rats. That in turn would probably mean we are pigeon holing certain colours and creeds though and that would never do.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2019, 02:10:09 PM »

Aah, the good old British public. The baying mob only ever a stone's throw away from kicking someone's head in.

Blonde-hair-maroon-coat so pumped on adrenlin towards the end of the clip after sticking his toe cap into some random guy's ribcage. Well done.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2019, 02:17:07 PM »

Aah, the good old British public. The baying mob only ever a stone's throw away from kicking someone's head in.

Blonde-hair-maroon-coat so pumped on adrenlin towards the end of the clip after sticking his toe cap into some random guy's ribcage. Well done.

He's getting the sack over the next day or so! Cheesy

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2019, 02:42:41 PM »

He thinks it is ok to have a dig at those filmimg too (see the third clip down).  Another brave fella atacking the fella with the camera as he leaves.

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-10-17/extinction-rebellion-protesters-climb-on-board-tube-trains-in-east-london/

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2019, 02:49:35 PM »

The mob reaction when they pull the guy off the train is one of the most depressing things I have seen in quite a while.

That being said, I think XR chose a bad target in strategic terms. Public transport is part of the solution, not part of the problem.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2019, 02:53:09 PM »

Maroon coat man is quite something.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2019, 07:19:43 PM »

Along with Tommy Robinson's little brother in black.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2019, 09:25:36 PM »

So your saying these pricks think I shouldn’t do real life super mario karts when I’m in Tokyo next week?  Cry
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2019, 09:29:55 PM »

So your saying these pricks think I shouldn’t do real life super mario karts when I’m in Tokyo next week?  Cry

Wow, this is a thing?  I have been to Tokyo and knew nothing of this.  Suspect even Extinction Rebellion people will give you a pass for that one.  Best travel there by sailboat though.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2019, 10:08:12 PM »

This effected Trains running into London as far as Birmingham new street, trains cancelled, 100 passengers per carriage. People unable to get on the train as a result. Selfish people!

Let's ignore for a moment weather they are right or wrong, or whether these measures are effective or not, how do you see them as selfish? Surely they are the complete opposite, giving up their time, liberty and in this case health for the greater good.

That's pish James - when their freedom to protest starts to limit other people's freedoms to move around freely then a line is crossed that can't be justified just because you self proclaim that the ends justify the means. Selfish is a very fair word to describe the activity

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2019, 10:12:22 PM »

Haven't watched the clip because I'm extremely squeamish about mobbish violence. Person you describe is very much like few people I've known well who didn't need to be angry or worked up to weigh in - really hard to fathom these sorts

sola virtus nobilitat
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2019, 12:19:58 AM »

Haven't watched the clip because I'm extremely squeamish about mobbish violence. Person you describe is very much like few people I've known well who didn't need to be angry or worked up to weigh in - really hard to fathom these sorts

You'll be fine watching it, it's not that bad at all.

If you watched it you'd see the protester boot a guy in the face long before he gets a few kicks himself. You'd also see him stood up at the end absolutely fine and wouldn't have to worry about him quite so much.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2019, 08:50:00 AM »

Extinction Rebellion appear to have semi-apologised for yesterday's disruption of the London Underground system.

They went on to say;

In light of today’s events, Extinction Rebellion will be looking at ways to bring people together rather than create an unnecessary division.

A further protest planned for Gatwick Airport yesterday afternoon was then cancelled.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2019, 09:00:07 AM »

The geezer on the roof who kicked out at those trying to get him off the train & was then set about, is a former Buddhist teacher. He was subsequently arrested, which was the 4th time he has been arrested this week & the 11th time in all since the XR protests began.

He was the chap on the "blood red" protest at the Treasury, when they had a fire tender full of water dyed red, but the hose was more powerful than he expected & chaos ensued. He also took part in the "naked" demo in the House Of Commons.

Click to see full-size image.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2019, 09:06:12 AM »

Basically a Grade A Plonker

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: