blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:48:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Don't mess with commuters on the Tube.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Don't mess with commuters on the Tube.  (Read 4723 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2019, 09:34:58 AM »

Team Extinction Rebellion have been going about their work very efficiently, causing chaos in major cities, lengthy sit-ins & necessitating enormous police resources.

They attempted to bring the Jubilee Line to a stop this morning, which was a big mistake, & those East London commuters were having none of it, & it seems they kicked the shit out of the protesters.

https://twitter.com/mahatir_pasha/status/1184713704673366016

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 09:37:02 AM »

Think I can't quite grasp is that surely people using the London Underground to commute is about as eco-friendly as it gets, there's surely no "greener" way to commute to work in London except walking or cycling, which is just not viable in many cases.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 09:56:38 AM »

Think I can't quite grasp is that surely people using the London Underground to commute is about as eco-friendly as it gets, there's surely no "greener" way to commute to work in London except walking or cycling, which is just not viable in many cases.

Exactly this.

Eco warriors telling us to use public transport to lower the carbon footprint then trying to delay/halt said mode of transport.

Well done you fkin idiots, really helping your cause aren't you?!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 10:14:28 AM »

I don't get why they are targetting public transport, but kicking the shit out of them shouldn't be condoned either.   Guess the rush jour tube does make you a bit of an animal though.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 10:26:02 AM »

This effected Trains running into London as far as Birmingham new street, trains cancelled, 100 passengers per carriage. People unable to get on the train as a result. Selfish people!
bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 10:33:59 AM »

This effected Trains running into London as far as Birmingham new street, trains cancelled, 100 passengers per carriage. People unable to get on the train as a result. Selfish people!

Think that was because of a signal failure or something near watford, most of the west coast main line into euston was effected
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2019, 10:47:14 AM »

Was it? I had my head phones in and has pressed up between two women. I just saw this and put two & two together.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2019, 11:04:06 AM »

It now appears that ER protested at 3 East London stations.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-50079716

This is all going to end with a nasty accident eventually.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2019, 12:53:15 PM »

Let's ignore for a moment weather they are right or wrong, or whether these measures are effective or not, how do you see them as selfish? Surely they are the complete opposite, giving up their time, liberty and in this case health for the greater good.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2019, 01:20:38 PM »

Let's ignore for a moment weather they are right or wrong, or whether these measures are effective or not, how do you see them as selfish? Surely they are the complete opposite, giving up their time, liberty and in this case health for the greater good.

Hmmmm

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2019, 01:23:21 PM »

I'm with Flushy, here. Disruption and drawing attention to the issue is precisely the point of the protest. Whether it is gluing yourself to the entrance of a busy building or throwing yourself in front of a horse, the idea is to cause disruption and generate conversation about the thing they want to highlight.

Whether you, Flushy, Doris in Biggleswade, Mr Smith on his morning commute or I agree with that message is up to us.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2019, 01:29:49 PM »

What EXACTLY have they achieved though.

Is that particular action going to make anyone act?

All that happens is that people trying to earn a crust who were in quiet agreement, are probably now anti the movement, and less tolerant.

It also gives the non believers the chance to say they are all crackpots.

How about all the money they are wastingputting into this, they put towards lobbying, adverts, petitions, conferences, etc?

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2019, 01:31:49 PM »

I'm with Flushy, here. Disruption and drawing attention to the issue is precisely the point of the protest. Whether it is gluing yourself to the entrance of a busy building or throwing yourself in front of a horse, the idea is to cause disruption and generate conversation about the thing they want to highlight.

Whether you, Flushy, Doris in Biggleswade, Mr Smith on his morning commute or I agree with that message is up to us.

Not disagreeing with Flushy's point but:

Isn't this an issue we already know about?

It's a great awareness campaign but isn't it drawing attention to something people already know? In which case, what is the point of the protest? What is the actual result that they want to happen because of the protest?

Because I see a lot of conversation generated about the protest itself, and about the protestors.  But not really very much about how to help control the climate and improve/save biodiversity or greenhouse gas emissions.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2019, 01:34:57 PM »

Not disagreeing with Flushy's point but:

Isn't this an issue we already know about?

It's a great awareness campaign but isn't it drawing attention to something people already know? In which case, what is the point of the protest? What is the actual result that they want to happen because of the protest?

Because I see a lot of conversation generated about the protest itself, and about the protestors.  But not really very much about how to help control the climate and improve/save biodiversity or greenhouse gas emissions.

Exactly this.

As seen and heard by the Celebs, they all acknowledge this, but none have offered to give up their carbon heavy lifestyle.

Will Tal/Flushy give up any of their first world lifestyle?

Will the ER fanatics go and live in big eco friendly communes and sell up their middle class homes, investing instead in Eco Friendly methods of living?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2019, 01:53:35 PM »

My point was solely about the "selfish" comment, because I think the comment about their motivation was wrong.

Whether standing on a tube train at a station most people haven't heard of does the trick and whether getting a shoeing from a few alienated commuters makes them martyrs for a noble cause is another debate entirely.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: