blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:06:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Barry's Bonanza
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Barry's Bonanza  (Read 4840 times)
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2019, 11:06:56 PM »

Congrats Mr Tea on your binkage. Tell me, does your book cover the strategy for sats where your chip stack goes through to the next level on top of winning a seat? I understand straight freeze out sats pretty well but playing on Party I turned $11 entry into a $109 ticket fairly easily. However my final chipstack means I start the final with 55BBs, not ideal however I think I might have to adjust my strategy a little so I don't fold most of the last two levels in the future(cos I didn't realise chipstack went through).
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 11:22:57 PM by Mohican » Logged

Cymru am byth
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2019, 10:49:24 AM »

Congrats Mr Tea on your binkage. Tell me, does your book cover the strategy for sats where your chip stack goes through to the next level on top of winning a seat? I understand straight freeze out sats pretty well but playing on Party I turned $11 entry into a $109 ticket fairly easily. However my final chipstack means I start the final with 55BBs, not ideal however I think I might have to adjust my strategy a little so I don't fold most of the last two levels in the future(cos I didn't realise chipstack went through).

Phase satellites? We cover them at the end but I'll save you a few quid of buying the book if it's just for them. For all intents and purposes treat those like you are playing Day 1 of a tourney and try to build a big stack rather than fold to the end of the bubble, they are not really satellites in the usual sense.
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2019, 11:07:22 AM »

Phase satellites? We cover them at the end but I'll save you a few quid of buying the book if it's just for them. For all intents and purposes treat those like you are playing Day 1 of a tourney and try to build a big stack rather than fold to the end of the bubble, they are not really satellites in the usual sense.
Tx for that. Didn't realise I was playing a phase satellite however now I know how the format works I should be able to adjust.

Cymru am byth
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2019, 11:10:47 AM »

Just watch/listened to your interview with Collin Moshman. Enjoyed it and I don't think you'd much wrong. You need luck to progress in a tournament but it needs to be backed up with decent play elsewhere to progress. the real proof will be if you sat into another biggie and do well in that. Gd luck going forward.
link here- https://www.twitch.tv/videos/501760550
p.s. Wouldn't normally post a link to a competitor how ever I think it's ok in this instance as Mr Tea is quite a regular on here.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 11:15:27 AM by Mohican » Logged

Cymru am byth
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2019, 01:15:50 PM »

Just watch/listened to your interview with Collin Moshman. Enjoyed it and I don't think you'd much wrong. You need luck to progress in a tournament but it needs to be backed up with decent play elsewhere to progress. the real proof will be if you sat into another biggie and do well in that. Gd luck going forward.
link here- https://www.twitch.tv/videos/501760550
p.s. Wouldn't normally post a link to a competitor how ever I think it's ok in this instance as Mr Tea is quite a regular on here.

Cheers, I won't lie I was pretty chuffed with that last night as I had convinced myself I had played like crap and got incredibly lucky, so to have a legend of the game tell me I played OK-ish (and got incredibly lucky no doubt) really made my day.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: