blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:12:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Bad luck + VAR
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bad luck + VAR  (Read 1869 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2019, 07:51:52 PM »

I thought I'd post this, because there's not going much in this section and it's happened again.

The last few months I have had the WORST of luck and it has come in the most agonising way possible. It has been an endless amount of very last minute winners or VAR farces and today is no similar.

A few weeks ago I had a bet for both Liverpool and Fulham to win both halves of their matches, Liverpool obliged. Fulham was playing Luton that night and was winning both halves until they let a goal in at the 95th minute. I ad them both in singles and a big priced double. It happens, move on.

The day after that I had a treble in the Europa League for interest. It was two other teams who had and Roma and Gladbach. They let a goal in the 94th minute when they conceeded a penalty in which the referee said Chris Smalling handballed it, when it didn't. There in so VAR in Europa League group stages.

Everton played Spurs in early November and I had a big single on Spurs. It was the game Son injuted one of their players and Everton scored in like the 97th minute. VAR ruled it to be a red card, but days later it was rescinded.

Yesterday I had a bet on Man City to win both halves. City didn't deserve to be in front in the first half, but they was. Then in the very last minute Sterling scored a goal that was ruled out for offside, I have looked at that goal and it wasn't offside, was it?

Today I went and chucked a few quid at United v Man United. I had United in a single (with hope the 2up might save me if something ridic happens) and win BTTS. Not a huge bet, just a decent interest. Man Utd never deserved that win, but they was in front somehow. But here comes VAR. I am of the opinion that United's equaliser was handball.

Was Sterling offside? Was Sheffield United's equaliser handball?

I've literally never had such terrible luck. There are like 2/3 more very recently too, but I can't remember them all. We all lose, some late on, but this is literally the worst luck I've ever had? Have people had similar bad luck and how they deal with it?
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 08:02:49 PM »

Lol
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 09:09:59 PM »

Lol

You really remind me of a former poster on here who similarly had an interest in E-sports and a penchant for short sharp posts/replies.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 07:42:34 AM »

With specific reference to the Sheffield United equaliser, if it had been against Liverpool VAR would absolutely definitely ruled it out.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 11:59:05 AM »

With specific reference to the Sheffield United equaliser, if it had been against Liverpool VAR would absolutely definitely ruled it out.

you're in danger of sounding like a man city fan there, chief
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 12:13:03 PM »

What a great game. When that equaliser went in I shouted so loud that the dogs started baking and I must have turned blue as I held my breath waiting for VAR.

You fill up my senses,
Like a gallon of Magnet,
Like a packet of woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Sheffield,
Like a greasy chip butty
My Sheffield United,
Come thrill me again,
Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, oooh,
Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, oooh...

The older I get, the better I was.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 12:20:04 PM »

What a great game. When that equaliser went in I shouted so loud that the dogs started baking and I must have turned blue as I held my breath waiting for VAR.

You fill up my senses,
Like a gallon of Magnet,
Like a greasy chip butty
My Sheffield United,
Come thrill me again,

Bread or cakes?

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2019, 12:29:22 PM »

You fill up my senses,
Like a gallon of Magnet,
Like a greasy chip butty
My Sheffield United,
Come thrill me again,

Bread or cakes?

Doh!

The older I get, the better I was.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2019, 04:32:30 PM »

I thought I'd post this, because there's not going much in this section and it's happened again.

The last few months I have had the WORST of luck and it has come in the most agonising way possible. It has been an endless amount of very last minute winners or VAR farces and today is no similar.

A few weeks ago I had a bet for both Liverpool and Fulham to win both halves of their matches, Liverpool obliged. Fulham was playing Luton that night and was winning both halves until they let a goal in at the 95th minute. I ad them both in singles and a big priced double. It happens, move on.

The day after that I had a treble in the Europa League for interest. It was two other teams who had and Roma and Gladbach. They let a goal in the 94th minute when they conceeded a penalty in which the referee said Chris Smalling handballed it, when it didn't. There in so VAR in Europa League group stages.

Everton played Spurs in early November and I had a big single on Spurs. It was the game Son injuted one of their players and Everton scored in like the 97th minute. VAR ruled it to be a red card, but days later it was rescinded.

Yesterday I had a bet on Man City to win both halves. City didn't deserve to be in front in the first half, but they was. Then in the very last minute Sterling scored a goal that was ruled out for offside, I have looked at that goal and it wasn't offside, was it?

Today I went and chucked a few quid at United v Man United. I had United in a single (with hope the 2up might save me if something ridic happens) and win BTTS. Not a huge bet, just a decent interest. Man Utd never deserved that win, but they was in front somehow. But here comes VAR. I am of the opinion that United's equaliser was handball.

Was Sterling offside? Was Sheffield United's equaliser handball?

I've literally never had such terrible luck. There are like 2/3 more very recently too, but I can't remember them all. We all lose, some late on, but this is literally the worst luck I've ever had? Have people had similar bad luck and how they deal with it?

Bring back Aaron's Arrows. Then we can sweat your picks in real time. Luck evens out over time so it bodes well for a re-launch.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2019, 12:19:26 AM »

I'll put you out of your misery...

The Sheff Utd equaliser was definitely NOT handball.

NB I don't support either side and had no interest in the game
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: