blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:11:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  What's Cooking?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's Cooking?  (Read 3457 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2020, 07:14:23 PM »

I think it's about time for all of the blonde galloping gourmets and gourmettes to post their best efforts and recipes.

Tonight I'm taking a leap of faith and trying to make toad in the hole for the very first time - pics will follow technophobia permitting..

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 10:03:38 AM »

Toad in the hole is notoriously difficult.

We used to call Mr's Red's attempts 'dragged in the ditch'. Which I appreciate is a play on words that not everyone will be au fait with.

The older I get, the better I was.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 10:11:05 AM »

i just make the yorkies and the bangers separate, once cooked i put the bangers and the mash in the hole then cover in gravy

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 11:19:23 AM »

We used to call Mr's Red's attempts 'dragged in the ditch'. Which I appreciate is a play on words that not everyone will be au fait with.

It looked okay - I do have a pic of it but my 'phone wouldn't send it to my PC - but the bottom was too soggy.

The trouble was that although I can make decent Yorkshire pudding this needed a different amount which threw me somewhat.

I'll try and send you the pic Tom if you don't mind sticking it on here should it arrive.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 11:23:06 AM »

It looked okay - I do have a pic of it but my 'phone wouldn't send it to my PC - but the bottom was too soggy.

The trouble was that although I can make decent Yorkshire pudding this needed a different amount which threw me somewhat.

I'll try and send you the pic Tom if you don't mind sticking it on here should it arrive.

No problem.

That's the trouble with toad in the hole, the fat from the sausage makes the pudding soggy.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 11:26:17 AM »

Do you have WhatsApp Ralph?

It's a messaging service for your phone that lets you transfer pics without effort, just touch and send.

Anyone who had difficulty posting pics can WhatsApp them to me and I will gladly post them.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 11:32:09 AM »

Success! Apologies for the scruffy hob.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2020, 11:39:04 AM »

No problem.

That's the trouble with toad in the hole, the fat from the sausage makes the pudding soggy.

It's often a sign the fat isn't hot enough when the batter is added, although if the sausages have loads of fat it can be impossible.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2020, 11:42:38 AM »

I can assure you that the pan was as hot as it could possibly be without endangering life and limb.

Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2020, 04:24:04 PM »

Success! Apologies for the scruffy hob.

I looked at that picture for far too long, that looks absolutely delicious.

I have always preferred my Yorkshires a bit doughy. Perhaps that's just because my Mum always does them like that.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2020, 07:40:43 AM »

That does look great. I don’t think I have ever eaten toad in the hole.

Ah! The element of surprise
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2020, 08:33:00 AM »

Looks delish.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2020, 11:05:09 AM »

Pasta Arrabiata a'la me.

#1 son is vegan, #2 son and wife are pescatarian so we usally end up making vegan because it's easier. My cooking follows a pretty regular pattern; look at a few receipes then ignore them, get most things out of the fridge and cupboards and go from there.

So last night that was onions, peppers, capers, toms, mushroom ketchup, pasta, more toms, miso paste, basil. Decided to swerve the miso in the end and added garlic instead.

Sweat down the onions and a couple of cloves of garlic, add the chopped peppers, chopped fresh toms, chili flakes and a splash of ketchup. After 10 mins add the tinned toms and the hot sauce*, add the basil a couple of minutes before the pasta is ready.

* top tip, don't attempt to add two or three drops and end up slugging it in, it was a tad warm...

« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 11:16:42 AM by Longines » Logged
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2020, 09:03:31 PM »

I do enjoy a Sunday roast and today's offering was a roast chicken with roasties, cauliflour-cheese and petit-pois.

Even if I say so myself I made a decent job of demolishing this plateful

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2020, 09:06:46 PM »

Those roasties look abso perfect.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: