blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:47:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD  (Read 2388 times)
Pokerpops

View Profile
DTD
« on: February 03, 2020, 12:29:06 PM »

For a variety of reasons it had been over seven years since I had been to DTD until this last weekend.
With some help from Adam Sharples I returned on Saturday for the APAT Team Event.
Sadly, only two of our team of intrepid fund raisers made day two so a repeat of last year’s silver medal wasn’t to be.

But I had forgotten just how high the standard of organisation and of the dealers is. Quiet, efficient, and with great rapport for the players Ryan and his team had the place purring.

The highlight for me was a final table appearance in the Sunday afternoon side event which wins me a small profit for the weekend (10% to our fundraising group and ultimately to CLIC Sargeant) and a Grand Prix ticket. I used to have a decent record in those...

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 03:07:39 PM »

I got up there for the Millions event late in 2018, I think it was. Even with marquees attached, and what looked like organised chaos, everything still ran surprisingly smoothly.

Wish i wasn't so far away, I'd make the effort to donate my money more often in the UK.

Congrats on making it a profitable weekend!

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 06:15:15 PM »

Nice one David.

I find it quite ironic that you've won a GP ticket as part of your winnings - punish them by winning another one!

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 10:54:59 PM »

Nice one David.

I find it quite ironic that you've won a GP ticket as part of your winnings - punish them by winning another one!

I don’t think it comes with any added features. I’m certainly not cheeky enough to ask.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 11:13:24 AM »

Nice one David.

I don’t think it comes with any added features. I’m certainly not cheeky enough to ask.

make sure you dont waste your 1000th post

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 01:19:30 PM »

Nice one David.

make sure you dont waste your 1000th post

I’ll try not to

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 09:54:56 PM »

You could win a $10,000 partypokerLIVE MILLIONS Passport at Grand Prix UK with our Golden Chip promotion.

Make Day 2 via Online Day 1A on March 8th (9pm) and reach the Final Table to bag your passport.

You can use your passport to play a MILLIONS Main Event at one of our amazing locations around the world!

From pplive site.

If you get to day 2 it clashes with APAT Edinburgh though.Sad

Good to see you back there Saturday!

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: