blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:50:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  EPT Retro
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EPT Retro  (Read 3384 times)
ripple11

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2020, 08:59:40 PM »

For those interested in a trip down memory lane...Poker Stars are re running the EPT from 2004 on Twitch/Youtube with "modern" commentary from Hatigan and Stapleton. The poker host is a young Caroline Flack  Sad

https://twitter.com/PokerStarsBlog/status/1242388438197903361?s=20
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 09:02:38 PM by ripple11 » Logged
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 11:15:53 AM »

I watched about 30 minutes of the first one and found it quite enjoyable. It was good fun watching the terrible play until one hand tilted me so much I had to turn it off.

Guy who eventually wins limps cutoff w 74s, 2 folds and bb checks QThh

Flop KJxhh check, bet, raise, 3bet, call.
Turn Kx. check, bet 1/6 pot, snap fold by QThh. Cutoff shows air, everyone else at the table gives a round of applause.
*Closes screen*
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 12:34:42 PM »

I watched about 30 minutes of the first one and found it quite enjoyable. It was good fun watching the terrible play until one hand tilted me so much I had to turn it off.

Guy who eventually wins limps cutoff w 74s, 2 folds and bb checks QThh

Flop KJxhh check, bet, raise, 3bet, call.
Turn Kx. check, bet 1/6 pot, snap fold by QThh. Cutoff shows air, everyone else at the table gives a round of applause.
*Closes screen*

I saw that; I just kind of thought that was terrible and he got away with it.  Still happens we can move on.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 05:46:28 PM »

They were the days!

Mori put HSP up on Poke Go, too.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 05:58:02 PM »

Do you know dpommo Marky.  Looking forward to the EPT Dublin again.  First really bad beat late on in an EPT?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 06:07:04 PM »

Do you know dpommo Marky.  Looking forward to the EPT Dublin again.  First really bad beat late on in an EPT?

I do, but haven't spoken to him in ~10 years. Think he was working for Unibet last I heard.

What was the hand? 99?

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 06:20:39 PM »

Do you know dpommo Marky.  Looking forward to the EPT Dublin again.  First really bad beat late on in an EPT?

I do, but haven't spoken to him in ~10 years. Think he was working for Unibet last I heard.

What was the hand? 99?

A9 vs set of on the flop.  He was kind of pot committed when he called.  It just looked really bad. 

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 06:23:02 PM »

What was the hand? 99?

A9 vs set of on the flop.  He was kind of pot committed when he called.  It just looked really bad. 

Ah, vaguely remember it now. Flush draws were almost always all in back in those days Grin

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2020, 07:04:03 PM »

What was the hand? 99?

Ah, vaguely remember it now. Flush draws were almost always all in back in those days Grin

Not sure it was a flush draw, more a gutshot to a 4 straight on the flop.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2020, 07:15:06 PM »

What was the hand? 99?

Very vague, I can't even remember the hand Cheesy

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2020, 09:56:50 PM »

What was the hand? 99?

Very vague, I can't even remember the hand Cheesy

Turns out that it was series 2; 38 minutes in

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2020, 10:58:25 PM »

Crazy Cheesy

dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2020, 05:33:13 PM »

Fun Nick Slade vs Johnny Lodden hand and fairly sure that is bobby1 pictured at about 48 seconds in, Slade was sponsored by Hills in this event - https://clips.twitch.tv/SincereChillyRhinocerosFreakinStinkin

Thewy's win in Baden will be aired on Thursday 16th April fyi.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2020, 05:55:10 PM »

Good lad, Nick!

Looked like Martin Kavanagh and Si Nowab.

Those were the days Smiley

dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2020, 12:21:09 PM »

If anyone does want to see Mr Thew Yo-yoing his way to EPT glory, then it'll be live today from 1pm in the usual places and available forevermore on the YouTube channel from tomorrow.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: