blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:15:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  What sport or single sporting event are you missing or likely to miss the most?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What sport or single sporting event are you missing or likely to miss the most?  (Read 3297 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2020, 04:04:50 PM »

As title says, name one....

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 04:20:29 PM »

Football.
I've just managed to acquire the ability to watch live Premiership matches and my team Sheffield Utd are doing really well to boot.

Snooker.
The only sport I can talk about on here with a modicum of authority.

Golf.
My eldest daughter and I love the big events, we pick half a dozen players and have a little bet. Mad scenes if were in with a shout on the last few holes.

The older I get, the better I was.
AlbusFawkes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 04:35:42 PM »

Formula 1 - was looking forward to the new season, with Mercedes new steering mechanism and hopefully a mini revival of McLaren & Williams
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 04:38:23 PM »

I miss playing golf the most by far although I've been on an unbelievable heater betting on it this year.

The good thing is I've not had a chance to lose any back.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 04:41:29 PM »

Football and the Snooker World Championship.

Not sporting, but I kinda enjoy the WSOP (updates and build up to the Main) (even though I think I'm the only person on here that dislikes Vegas)

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 04:44:06 PM »

Greyhound racing.  There is absolutely no reason why this couldn't keep going behind closed doors.   There would be less than 50 people at the track.  Social distancing isn't remotely a problem.  No human would have to go without 2 metres of each other throughout the entire meeting.   No jockeys racing like on the horses. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 04:49:25 PM by arbboy » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 04:55:11 PM »

UFC 249
UFC 252 (most likely)

scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2020, 04:58:49 PM »

Greyhound racing.  There is absolutely no reason why this couldn't keep going behind closed doors.   There would be less than 50 people at the track.  Social distancing isn't remotely a problem.  No human would have to go without 2 metres of each other throughout the entire meeting.   No jockeys racing like on the horses. 

This is a biggy for me, have resorted to playing Greyhound Manager 2 for my fix.

Obviously missing the football, and the UFC is another one I'm gutted isn't running.

Missing playing/managing my futsal team too - Thursdays just aren't the same.
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2020, 05:01:12 PM »

I'll be devastated if the World Matchplay doesn't happen in my hometown of Blackpool in July. It falls in the school holidays and I generally go 5-6 times over the week.

So many happy (although a bit hazy) memories.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2020, 05:05:48 PM »

Missing my weekly parkrun fix, as much for the community as for the actual runs.

Abandonment of the football season would appear to be the best hope of Barnsley playing Championship football next year, and this season has been painful to endure, so I'm not missing football in the slightest at the moment.

From a spectator perspective, I love the Olympics, so that's the one that I'll miss watching on TV this year.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2020, 05:09:41 PM »

Horse racing to happen before 1 May hass been backed from 8/1 into 4/1 on the betfair market which is reasonably liquid now.   Interesting watch for the next few weeks.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2020, 06:06:30 PM »

Not a massive golf fan and don't watch that much but The Masters is a highlight of my personal sporting calendar. Probably miss that the most

sola virtus nobilitat
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2020, 06:11:40 PM »

I can say with complete honesty that I've not really missed watching The Arsenal.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2020, 06:39:03 PM »

I can say with complete honesty that I've not really missed watching The Arsenal.

Everyone else has though 😀

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2020, 07:50:24 PM »

The Euros,

The Olympics

and probably the Ryder Cup

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: