blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:26:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  #topcheffing +#shirtoftheday +#topbopping
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: #topcheffing +#shirtoftheday +#topbopping  (Read 26776 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2020, 03:17:34 PM »

Well since Carona closed down all the local eateries my mother and i have found ourselves relying on my #topcheffing skills (untill my dad passed away last year i hadn't cooked since 1987 unless you called heating up a mircowave burger or pie )
we are still waiting for the kitchen planners to get back to us on how they are going to make it so i can use the hob ( limited to oven airfryer microwave toaster toasty maker and kettle)

and there is no room to turn my wheelchair when i am in the kitchen

by the time a vaccine allows me to interact with the ladies of Private eyes (other brands are available) i am expecting to be cooking better than Jamie Bloody Oliver

« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 07:12:22 PM by Ironside » Logged

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 03:18:55 PM »

this was my first ever attempt of cooking a steak, i used an airfryer for both the steak and chips
this was september 2019

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 03:22:27 PM »

Roll on a few months to the 25th of march 2020
my parents wedding anniversary the first one since my dad's passing
steak was his favourite dish so we had had one and first time in years i even had bottle of lager with it

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 03:28:43 PM »

my mother only eats one dish from a bird
Bernard mathews turkey steaks and it has to be steaks the escalopes aren't the same (same recipe just a different shape) she likes what she likes and is very particular

so to spice it up a little i went for creamed potatoes (impossible to get a proper mash or boiled tattie without using a hob so it smash)
yorkie puds and  sage and onion balls

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 03:30:24 PM »

i was too slow to capture the dish here just let me say it was delicious

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 03:32:36 PM »

the toasty maker has to be my best investment they are beautiful and so easy to make

cheese ham and pickle here

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 03:42:39 PM »

this was my shirt of the day i wore to attend the local hospital for my regular treatment last week

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 04:23:23 PM »

Bernard mathews turkey steaks and it has to be steaks the escalopes aren't the same (same recipe just a different shape) she likes what she likes and is very particular

so to spice it up a little i went for creamed potatoes (impossible to get a proper mash or boiled tattie without using a hob so it smash)

Have you tried sweet potato mash?   You can bake them in the skins in the oven, then mash at the end.  I have never tried this way with normal spuds though.

Do you have two ovens?   Proper yorkies are pretty easy, my kids can make them.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2020, 04:29:10 PM »

Have you tried sweet potato mash?   You can bake them in the skins in the oven, then mash at the end.  I have never tried this way with normal spuds though.

1 oven 2 airfryers (1 in kitchen 1 in my lounge)

we used to make our own yorkies dads were brill but so much easier to throw them in the airfryer

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2020, 05:17:03 PM »

Would need to use the hob though when pouring in the batter.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2020, 05:34:40 PM »

Would need to use the hob though when pouring in the batter.

Take tray out of oven, pour in batter, put back in oven.   I don't see the need for a hob.   If the oven and fat is hot enough it isn't going to cool down much whilst putting the batter in.  I don't use a hob at any stage.  The oven is as hot as it goes (250 degrees).

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2020, 05:46:26 PM »

this is my access to the cooker i can get close enough trying to go sideways as the kitchen isnt wide enough to

i can use the oven but not really that safely as i am lying chest on knees when i lean forward to access it then use right hand to grab the oven tray
and pull myself back into an upright position with my left arm. remembering i have no balance when not in a supported position
basically only thing i use the oven for is steak pies and pizzas anything else is a bit tricky

yorkie puds would be nice in there but the liquid would be all over the floor before i got it in the oven

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2020, 05:46:46 PM »

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2020, 05:59:15 PM »

Those pictures dont show it as well as I hoped the knobs on hob I can't reach without leaning forward and having to support my body weight with the other arm as I have no control of stomach muscles

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2020, 09:42:25 PM »

one problem with the oven and our shopping delivery is that i can only put one pizza in the oven at a time and asda only do 10' fresh pizza to be delivered

so i share one with mum and have some chips on the side hoping to get some garlic bread delivered with pizza this week but half the order gets cancelled the day of delivery as out of stock

well i turn mine into an hawiian mum will only eat plain cheese and tomato

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: