blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:21:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID 19 PPE Production for NHS staff Help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID 19 PPE Production for NHS staff Help  (Read 1233 times)
youthnkzR

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2020, 05:08:06 AM »

Copied the below over from Sky Poker forum. A very worthy cause. OP is a very reputable player.

Thread : https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/178025/covid-19-ppe-production-for-nhs-staff-help

---------------------------------------

Good afternoon all, I don't usually post on here so not sure if I am breaking any rules or posting in the right area, however here goes!

A good friend on mine and his girlfriend are engineers who have a 3D printer at home, and along with a few more local engineers who also have 3D printers have been trying to help the NHS in the North West by producing Face Sheilds.

As im sure you will have seen on the news over recent weeks the demand for PPE in the NHS is still not being met by the government, only today we hear of the death of Dr Abdul Chowdhury who on the 18th March he wrote a message to Boris Johnson asking him to "urgently" ensure personal protective equipment for "each and every NHS worker in the UK"

Earlier this week they received a request to ramp up production, however increasing production means an increase in costs, so they have decided to set up a GoFundMe page, they have a target of £10k and so far have raised £4k, all money raised is going into the production of the Face Shields for our NHS workers.

If any of you guys could be kind enough to help out, (especially the guys who I donate to on a regular basis!) it would go a long way to helping a great cause, the link is below...

Thanks in advance!

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/3d-printed-face-visor-covid19?utm_id=106&utm_term=WKWj6v72q&fbclid=IwAR03SVwAvOkYXt05K_8Ts1Qri1ShyplSWTaLCQNw0JGbsVuTlDfAWp5XAxk

Edit: I seem to have posted in the wrong section. Could somebody move this for me please?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 05:12:03 AM by youthnkzR » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 04:26:44 PM »

Not much, but reallocated pizza for tonight to making masks, much better for my waist Smiley

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: