blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:22:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Now that's what I call overlay
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Now that's what I call overlay  (Read 4371 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2021, 01:11:39 PM »

From Pokerfuse;

PokerStars record overlay

It is rare to see overlays of any kind at PokerStars but this one was staggering. During the Big Blowout series last month a single event had a $1,232,700 overlay.

The $109 Big Blowout had a $5 million guarantee and needed 50,000 entries to cover it, it got 37,673.

This, according to pokerfuse, is the biggest overlay both in PokerStars history and online poker history, as well as the second biggest overlay in poker overall:

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 01:36:12 PM »

And I was still too lazy to play Grin

bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 02:31:01 PM »

made day 2 , busted early but now freerolling all the smaller stuff for rest of series

huge overlay of course, but reckon stars are fine, the guarantees are getting obliterated left right and centre as far as i can see

there are 5 and 11 dollar tourneys most days with good money up top , good structures and i like the fact that lots go to day 2 after 8 hours rather than playing till 7am

also loads of great deadline satellites for the bigger stuff, which are really soft

last thing for anyone playing, do make sure you sign up to "blowout ticket machine giveaway" in promotions, takes  5 seconds and i have had nearly $200 in free tickets , friend has also been lucky with it.think its 2 millions worth tickets over the series

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 02:55:31 PM »

I did late reg it, but the promotion seemed poor.  I had no idea what it was at the time.   Given the size of the guarantee I'd have thought I should of heard more. 

I think the issue is you have to go through so much crap when you login that you don't read any of it and just hit close.  This is especially true if you have already joined stuff on other sites.  Maybe I should be a bit nore professional too; I still have no idea what is happening each day.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 05:23:42 PM »

I think it was a combination of over ambitious guarantee directly after a Christmas. And Blowout Series not being a brand like SCOOP WCOOP or Sunday Million.

Instead of having overlays in the other event they are using Party's strategy and just giving tickets to a bunch of people.

These days it is basically just rolling series on every site, one every month, draining the last drops out of online poker before it finally mostly dies once everyone is injected and goes into the real world again.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 06:17:51 PM »

That is not party's strategy. Our current KO Series is thrashing guarantees, our Daily Legends tournaments continue to do well etc

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 06:36:48 PM »

That is not party's strategy. Our current KO Series is thrashing guarantees, our Daily Legends tournaments continue to do well etc

I've not played on Party much lately or big volume in online MTTs, so I am glad if they are doing well - but I was more talking about the classic Party/Rob Yong strategy of if you know a tourney is going to overlay by £x, well you can just let it play out and suck it up or you can try to satty as many people into it as possible, do satties with overlays and let the overlays happen at the satty level instead, give out tickets in promos and let more lower stakes players have a shot rather than just letting the regs carve up the overlay.

Better for grassroots and the poker ecology as a whole if you know you will overlay so I am all for it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 06:45:10 PM by bergeroo » Logged
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 11:33:13 PM »

Not sure what Stars advertising policy is, but i never get any promo's from them anymore. Guess that's the same for a lot of people.

I gave up on Party sats when you ended up spending most the night being up as you get auto regged (usually late regged) to teh next sat/tourney
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2021, 04:57:50 PM »

Not sure what Stars advertising policy is, but i never get any promo's from them anymore. Guess that's the same for a lot of people.

I gave up on Party sats when you ended up spending most the night being up as you get auto regged (usually late regged) to teh next sat/tourney

I dont know what they do but in last year ive had around $400 in free MTT tickets (made 0 from them!) and last week got  $22 $11 and $5.50 tickets and a $50 Spin and Go ticket , apart from those ive raked maybe $10 all year there. Odd strategy Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: