blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:08:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  online horse racing bet void as late
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: online horse racing bet void as late  (Read 2353 times)
apezmonkeyz

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2021, 04:40:17 PM »

I had a bet today on the 1535 at Warwick with bill hills.
I was on the winner. The bet took 20 minutes to be settled and then i noticed it was void with my money back.
I asked why and was told the bet was placed too late.
Ive never heard of this before when placing a bet online ? obviously in the betting shops i see it, but has anyone come across this before online ?
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 07:15:48 PM »

New one on me. As long as the race wasn't off when you placed your bet it should be fine.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 08:23:24 PM »

never known anything like that.   Any race of that size should be auto open/closed by a trader right on the off.   Impossible to understand how it wouldn't be and if it wasn't and the trader fell asleep/went for a piss they should suck it up.
apezmonkeyz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2021, 12:56:01 PM »

ive emailed their second opinion email address to get a written explanation as the chat has disappeared.

I placed a horse racing bet.

Bet Placed:
    20 Sept 2021 15:35
Bet Settled:
    20 Sept 2021 16:11
Ref:

The bet was settled void even though it ran. I wasnt sure of the reason why it was void so contacted your chat service who advised that it was placed too late.Now i fully understand how this can happen in a betting shop with human interaction, but as this was placed online Im lost for words. Any site would auto stop taking bets on the off ? Can you explain this, so that im giving you the opportunity before i complaint officially.

Thanks
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2021, 12:10:12 PM »

The off time was  3:35:24

https://www.racingpost.com/results/85/warwick/2021-09-20/791603

So even if it was slightly late, it couldn't possibly have been significantly late in a 2.5 mile nh race. So def don't let them get away with it.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2021, 12:27:10 PM »

What odds they would've refunded you the stake if horse lost?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2021, 12:44:12 PM »

The off time was  3:35:24

https://www.racingpost.com/results/85/warwick/2021-09-20/791603

So even if it was slightly late, it couldn't possibly have been significantly late in a 2.5 mile nh race. So def don't let them get away with it.

For those who can watch on Sky accounts.

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/2021-09-20/warwick/647984/follow-mansionbet-on-twitter-handicap-hurdle

50/1 shot refused to race, 11/2 shot left at the start.  Howling Milan stole a few lengths, so I don't think it is straightforward.   If he'd bet Howling Milan, and it won, you would definitely void it and OP's horse got a decent enough start.

Guess Hills have a cut off time and just apply it rigidly to online bets and don't really consider the above anyway, but even if you appealed they might look at the race and think not this time.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
apezmonkeyz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2021, 03:44:35 PM »

We have credited the 2x £10 free bets gesture of goodwill to your account as a final resolution to your complaint. These free bets will expire fourteen (14) days from today's date, may not be partially redeemed and is non refundable.

This gesture of good will does not set any precedence for future issues. Thanks for choosing William Hill online.
apezmonkeyz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2021, 03:45:49 PM »

i was ok with a free bet the same as what i would have done, considering they had already refunded by the 10 bet for the void stake. no point carrying on moaning over £20.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2021, 08:09:01 AM »

i was ok with a free bet the same as what i would have done, considering they had already refunded by the 10 bet for the void stake. no point carrying on moaning over £20.

Feels like a decent result, good luck with the free bets.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: