blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:59:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  2023 WSOP
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2023 WSOP  (Read 25701 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 15, 2023, 10:02:35 PM »

Yeh he was allin 7.5k .  Sorry my tired write up could have been clearer !
I watch his vlogs all time for wsop, they are so bad it’s just too good to miss for entertainment purposes.
Basically just him moaning about run bad the whole time with him crashing his scooter into a person or a door almost every other vlog. 
He literally just spent hours just moaning to Robert Williamson 3rd ( I think ) who was sat next to him. 

So todays draw includes a certain Victor Blom sat next to me.   Also Eoghan O’Dea who funny enough i had never spoken to until I had a friendly conversation for 5 minutes 3 way with Rob Sherwood the first night. 

Literally half left so aren’t really deep in the mtt at all.  But in with a shot and really looking for forward to it.  Managed 5.5 hours sleep but might try for some more when I get back after my eggs Benedict and fresh fruit .  Should be 3-5mins to room today for breaks as over in horseshoe .

Nice to hear how people are doing, good luck

sola virtus nobilitat
animalpoker

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 15, 2023, 11:08:21 PM »

Not to be on this one. 
Out just before 1st break.
Just couldn’t get anything going.
Missed a flush draw in nlh then with blinds going up a key hand in stud8 crippled me when my kk4 lost to aj6ddd.  Scoop that and on 100k . Ended up busting in triple draw .

So it’s cash games rest of day as I’m too late to enter aria 600 big o .  I think Venetian have a big o tomorrow morning .
I might try out this new Brewdog bar if I can leave the cash tables in a few hours.  Think plenty of beer will be consumed today either way. 
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 16, 2023, 08:55:54 AM »

Good luck today Rob, we need some thread run good.

guess who?

"Lots of reasons I feel I should be in the poker HOF! Besides my poker accomplishments im the only poker player who's ever had a 5min segment on my life on sportscenter, & im only person on the 2023 ballot who signs & takes 100 pic and autograph a day with so many saying I only got into poker because of you! I've got 4 bracelets 0 since my injury but have made 11 final tables since my injury at wsop, 5 wpt finals nbc hu in 2013? I play from my heart in awful pain everyday yet still crush the cash games! I know ill get in if not this yr but my mom is 85 so I hope it's this yr!"

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 16, 2023, 09:35:06 AM »

Good luck today Rob, we need some thread run good.

guess who?

"Lots of reasons I feel I should be in the poker HOF! Besides my poker accomplishments im the only poker player who's ever had a 5min segment on my life on sportscenter, & im only person on the 2023 ballot who signs & takes 100 pic and autograph a day with so many saying I only got into poker because of you! I've got 4 bracelets 0 since my injury but have made 11 final tables since my injury at wsop, 5 wpt finals nbc hu in 2013? I play from my heart in awful pain everyday yet still crush the cash games! I know ill get in if not this yr but my mom is 85 so I hope it's this yr!"

What an absolute cretin he is.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 16, 2023, 12:01:12 PM »

Haha, he is on another planet!

Unlucky yesterday, but hopefully a heater coming this weekend.

animalpoker

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 16, 2023, 10:05:30 PM »

Todays choice of mtt is an 1100 big O bounty at Venetian .
The walk over was nice and cool as it had rained overnight and the clouds were still out .

35k starting stack and 300$ for every bounty you win

Chipped up to 65k playing about 95% of hands on the first 2 levels on a nice soft table before dribbling back to 40k including calling an allin lighter than usual to try get a bounty. Then last hand before the break we see A2679 double suited in the small blind and raise it to 2000 playing a 40k stack hoping for a favourable flop.
We had 4 callers and on a flop of 10,8,3 I potted it and got it in vs 2 players with 20-30k stacks.  I’m in good shape vs top and bottom set but still need to hit.  Turn is a queen and river is a beautiful jack to give me the only straight out there .  $600 bounties earned .

As I was writing this I got back from break and didn’t even have a chance to count my chips before I’m allin next hand, again 3 way.
The board shows and I have As two spades 7x 8x 5x.   I’m up against top 2 with diamonds and bottom set with A2.  
River is Jx so I lose that.

Back down to 60k ish the very next hand I make a loose call with Ax 9x three diamonds 5x after I’m reraised to 14k preflop .  In hindsight I should have repopped it there if I was flatting but I didn’t and 2 others came along , 1 of which covered me .
Flop is Qx and the reraiser looks weak when shoving so I instantly move allin with my hand hoping no one else comes along .
Guy that has me covered tanks before called with the nut flush draw no pair and other guy I had covered calls with top 2 so I’m not in good shape.  
Original raiser has AAJ96 with no diamonds.  Diamond hits the turn and biggest stack scoops the whole pot.  

So there it is .  Big O at its best especially in a bounty where people will gamble more .
I was lucky to scoop the 1st one but obviously the 2nd one would have put me possible chip leader in the whole thing had it held up, along with 600$ more bounties .
No regrets anyway even getting it in bad in the 3rd.   Always looking for a big stack early in live mtts and more so in a bounty which is only 30min levels .  

Tomorrow is WSOP $1500 BIG O at 2pm.  All I ask for is a similar standard of players at my starting table please.
I’d love my 2nd wire to turn up so I don’t have more debit card fees but I’m not holding out much hope to be honest .
I probably should have rang the bank to ask why the first one didn’t go through a month ago.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 17, 2023, 12:07:23 AM »

Chaos on the streets, and chaos in the cardroom!

I might have to see if I can find one of these bowl Big-O comps to rofl around in and annoy some old folk Cheesy

Good luck in the comp tomorrow, and with the wire  dont river me

Packing and Heathrow bound tomorrow afternoon.

Just had murders sorting out my scooter, because I had let the old man book it on his card so he got the miles. Then I see they don't charge until the day, and I obviously cancelled the 6 weeks ago.

Had her on the phone trying to explain we needed to cancel his, but keep mine. However, if they tried charging the card, they'd collect £0. She needed to take my details so I could pay for my scooter now, and just cance his booking.

Lovely girl, but still took 1/2 hour to sort out on the phone. Thank goodness for Skype!

animalpoker

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 17, 2023, 07:29:49 AM »

I might have to see if I can find one of these bowl Big-O comps to rofl around in and annoy some old folk Cheesy

Just had murders sorting out my scooter, because I had let the old man book it on his card so he got the miles. Then I see they don't charge until the day, and I obviously cancelled the 6 weeks ago.

Had her on the phone trying to explain we needed to cancel his, but keep mine. However, if they tried charging the card, they'd collect £0. She needed to take my details so I could pay for my scooter now, and just cance his booking.

Lovely girl, but still took 1/2 hour to sort out on the phone. Thank goodness for Skype!

Safe travels
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 17, 2023, 08:50:31 AM »

The walk over was nice and cool as it had rained overnight and the clouds were still out .

Chipped up to 65k playing about 95% of hands on the first 2 levels on a nice soft table before dribbling back to 40k including calling an allin lighter than usual to try get a bounty. Then last hand before the break we see A2679 double suited in the small blind and raise it to 2000 playing a 40k stack hoping for a favourable flop.
We had 4 callers and on a flop of 10,8,3 I potted it and got it in vs 2 players with 20-30k stacks.  I’m in good shape vs top and bottom set but still need to hit.  Turn is a queen and river is a beautiful jack to give me the only straight out there .  $600 bounties earned .

As I was writing this I got back from break and didn’t even have a chance to count my chips before I’m allin next hand, again 3 way.
The board shows and I have As two spades 7x 8x 5x.   I’m up against top 2 with diamonds and bottom set with A2.  

Back down to 60k ish the very next hand I make a loose call with Ax 9x three diamonds 5x after I’m reraised to 14k preflop .  In hindsight I should have repopped it there if I was flatting but I didn’t and 2 others came along , 1 of which covered me .
Flop is Qx and the reraiser looks weak when shoving so I instantly move allin with my hand hoping no one else comes along .
Guy that has me covered tanks before called with the nut flush draw no pair and other guy I had covered calls with top 2 so I’m not in good shape.  
Original raiser has AAJ96 with no diamonds.  Diamond hits the turn and biggest stack scoops the whole pot.  

So there it is .  Big O at its best especially in a bounty where people will gamble more .
I was lucky to scoop the 1st one but obviously the 2nd one would have put me possible chip leader in the whole thing had it held up, along with 600$ more bounties .
No regrets anyway even getting it in bad in the 3rd.   Always looking for a big stack early in live mtts and more so in a bounty which is only 30min levels .  

Tomorrow is WSOP $1500 BIG O at 2pm.  All I ask for is a similar standard of players at my starting table please.
I’d love my 2nd wire to turn up so I don’t have more debit card fees but I’m not holding out much hope to be honest .
I probably should have rang the bank to ask why the first one didn’t go through a month ago.

Morning Rob.

That's a terrific read, & reminds me how much I love Big O.  

I was somewhat shocked at this though;

Chipped up to 65k playing about 95% of hands on the first 2 levels

Delighted to see you have at last tightened up in your old age.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 17, 2023, 08:51:51 AM »

Have a good trip mate.

bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 17, 2023, 01:26:49 PM »

safe trip marky , up for buying small piece if your selling any, as long as its at 0.5 ish
animalpoker

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 17, 2023, 02:52:05 PM »

Morning Rob.

That's a terrific read, & reminds me how much I love Big O.  

I was somewhat shocked at this though;

Chipped up to 65k playing about 95% of hands on the first 2 levels

Delighted to see you have at last tightened up in your old age.

Haha, yes even by my standards I was a little shocked to go from 40k at 300 at 300/500 500 ante to 100k to busto at 300/600 600 in the space of 3 hands.

Seem to be awake at 6am today so I think I’ll go for an early breakfast then try and nap and might finally make the pool as well.
I’ll buy into the $1500 Big O on my way back I reckon.  It could be a costly day as there is up to 2 re entries and I’m pretty sure unless I’m feeling tilted I would use these options for up to 9 levels. 

Cash games Thursday night weren’t great.  I drank far too many corona but don’t blame that .   I was in a stubborn mood and got unlucky in a couple of key pots but still would have been break even had those held up.  So far I’ve decided to not track buyins strictly on cash but I probably lost back what I’d won the first night.  Nearly all my cash games so far have been 1/2/5 Big O. 

Last nights game was nearly as mad as my tournament, all be it a bit more stretched out.  I had an 8 hour session, I did drink some grey goose and cranberry but nothing silly and cut myself off around 9pm hoping to pick up at 10pm for an early night.  My luck was horrendous the first 5 hours.  There were 2 key pots at this time.  First was a bomb pot where I lost a 3 way allin for 1200 with top set on 1 board and pair, gut shot straight draw and back door flush possibilities on the other board .  1 guy was only in for 150, the main pot I’m playing vs a gutshot on my set board and just a straight on the other.  Basically his 3 outer hit the river and I missed on the straight board for an almost runner runner flush too.  Bomb pots are fun but dangerous, I should state this year even though it’s hilo the majority of the time the double board bomb pot is played high only. 

Within the next hour im playing about 500 and get into this pot. 
I’m button with AQ345 double suited with nut diamonds. 
I have straddled to 10 and make it 50 with 3 of us seeing a flop of 10h Two Diamonds, it checks around.
Turn is lovely , 2nd guy bets 125 into 160.  He’s been at the table a while and the bet didn’t feel ultra strong like a set or Q10 but even if it is I’ve got far too many outs and am very happy getting it in here or taking it down even if he tight folds so I pot it. 
Other guy instantly jams for same stack as me and 125 guy folds. 
Other guy announces “I have the world” and asks to run it twice .  I usually just go with whatever they want in those respects so agree.
Anyways he turns over AK249 with nut hearts. 
Rivers are on the first board and 2x on the 2nd board. 
I’m normally quiet after losing such a pot but it was too much so I do comment “I don’t think you had the world buddy” . I’m trying not to laugh to be honest and the only glimmer of tilt is that he wanted 2 boards and managed to hit on both 😁

At that point I was probably in for around 1500 and I reckon with all the 50-100 top ups to 500 after I probably went into the game for about 2000.
I do eventually get a double up with chap next to me drawing dead but still calling 200 allin on the turn.  1 more pot hand history to come later but I need a break from this screen for now.
animalpoker

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 17, 2023, 04:04:46 PM »

Sorry guys . Just wrote a huge history out and lost it before I posted.  
Can’t face it again so summary was near end of session won a 2k pot vs solid reg with AAJ94 nut clubs vs 10,10, , , xx .
The board showing J103A with 2 clubs and 2 spades when 945 each went in on the turn.  
River was lovely to get me out of the hole.  
I stayed another half hour but again won a nice pot right at the end of the time collection so couldn’t resist moving tables when our table broke at 10:40pm.
New table was brilliant and friendly, I’d have loved to have stayed until it broke but I had to think of today in case I get a deep run.  I felt proper disciplined getting up at midnight from what might be the best table of my trip, even if it was 2 hours later than planned.  Cashed out for about 2400 so I don’t need to rush to an atm…yet.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 04:07:04 PM by animalpoker » Logged
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 17, 2023, 06:50:39 PM »

Best of luck Marky - nailed on winner this trip not being burdened with any of my hard-earned to bok you.  Grin

If you happen across Hopkin and EvilPie ask them to post a few of their experiences on here Wink

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
animalpoker

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 17, 2023, 10:35:08 PM »

Crazy scenes here
25 mins in
Already made 2 big lay downs and get it allin with 77456 on a 7729 board but the chap has quad two spades.  I hit a 4 on the river to save me.
Couple hands later I’ve got quartered for nearly the rest of my stack fishing too much and running into nut nut, actually should have lost a little more on that one .  12k left from 25k stack to start.

Oops . As I wrote that I just busy overplaying top set 😁

Rebuyyyyy
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: