blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:10:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  2023 WSOP
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2023 WSOP  (Read 25664 times)
animalpoker

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 20, 2023, 06:57:30 AM »

And out at end of level 11 .  Lost 3 pots in a Row on limit and blinds had hit a crucial level if making it to river each time . Nothing too exciting about any of the pots really although I guess getting my aces cracked by 10,7,5,2 rainbow wasn’t ideal. 

Back on the horse quite literally tomorrow for a 1500$ HORSE WSOP tournament at 2pm . 

Got an explanation on the wire earlier today.  Apparently my hsbc global account sends it as ACH ( BACS i think that means ) and they only accept a wire.  Even though they accept ACH for buyin out here that’s the type I’ve been using that incurs the extra 3.5% fee. 
Thought I’d post it here in case anyone gets in a similar situation in the future . 
Doesn’t seem worth me sending an ordinary wire from my £ account now this year. 
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 20, 2023, 08:40:53 AM »

Morning Rob.

Sounds like an eventful day. A friend of mine also told me you passed two hands pre-flop.

Thanks for the updates, most enjoyable.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 20, 2023, 10:28:47 PM »

Good luck today Rob.  Hoping for great things in the morning.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
animalpoker

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 21, 2023, 05:29:56 AM »

Good luck today Rob.  Hoping for great things in the morning.

Thx doobs .
Wasn’t to be .  25k starting stack peaked at 40k a couple of times but as the blinds went up I just couldn’t hit a hand . Familiar story busting middle of level 11. 

Tough trip so far.  I finally made the gym today only for mostly walking on the treadmill but felt so much better for it afterwards .
Need to reset again for tomorrow, I believe there’s something at the mgm at 10am but need to check their schedule .
Just over a week in and I don’t want to focus on negatives but I think writing them here might get them out of my system . 
I had to put earphones in today and music to blank everything out after getting rubdowns on 2 separate big pots by 2 different people at my table .
I knew limit players are mostly miserable and today and certainly no exception. 
One week in and I’ve also been swore at on a cash table as well as being verbally abused by another different person at the same table, though to be fair he attacked the whole table whilst dropping multiple buyins .

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 21, 2023, 09:46:46 AM »

Good updates thanks
I see wadey is /was according to twitter yesterday deep in the seniors high roller at the Wynn $5 k buy in
animalpoker

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 21, 2023, 06:37:13 PM »

Todays tournament is a plo8/bigO 500$ at MGM.  
I got here at 9:15am to avoid any alternate nonsense .
I’ve already heard they are probably changing it from 7 handed to 8 handed once we are 10 minutes in !
Grabbed light breakfast at Starbucks.  Also got some cough drops at Walgreens on the way as my throat is very dry, hoping it’s not the start of a dreaded vegas cough.  
I doubt I’ll do any updates today until I win or bust 😎
Stud8 1500$ WSOP Saturday is my next tournament on my schedule so couple days off from tournaments I guess unless I venture into the NLH realm .
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 06:39:28 PM by animalpoker » Logged
animalpoker

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 22, 2023, 12:45:50 AM »

Fired another blank but did last 11 levels so was unable to reenter.
My eyes definitely rolled a few times when I saw some of the cards being turned over.  
We had one player at our table that obviously never played big o before and kept trying to use 4 of their cards with the board .  
I went for patience today trying to see flops even with big hands I’d only min raise as you’d always get action and nearly always get paid if you hit your hand.  
25k stack got up to 50k before blinds caught up and I lost count of the number of times I got 1/4,1/2 or 3/4 of a pot.  Stack at this point floated between 18 and 40k before I finally scooped a pot to go to 60k.   Blinds at this point were 1.5k/2.5k though so it was still shove time and I went out on a 3way allin where a scoop would have put me at 160k , average 75k.  Still miles from the money.  I was more excited a couple of hands earlier when I had A234J double suited in an allin 4 way pot.  Other than chipleader with aa4xx nobody else had low cards but I was only good for half by the river.  Scoop that for 120k would have been nice .  Need so much luck in these, especially once the blinds go up but I had a lot of fun and loads of chat with the lovely old chap to my right from Kansas City.  

Currently in the rooftop bar of Brewdog bar.  View is amazing but I guess I need to stay until sunset and beyond to get full ev of that.   Sunset is in 140 minutes so there’s potential to get a bit tipsy but I am going to order some food.  I believe there’s 96 beers to choose from but also 2 x 6% ciders that seem tempting 🍺

Oh guys how do I post pictures on here ? I did try but I think it always says my iPhone photo is too big a file or something when attach it .
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 22, 2023, 08:52:37 AM »

hi guys how do I post pictures on here ?

I do, but I'm buggered if I could explain it coherently.

Alternatively, if you send the images to me via e-Mail or WhatsApp I can upload them for you. We can exchange details of e-mail addresses & WhatApp numbers via PM first, job done.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
animalpoker

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 22, 2023, 06:22:55 PM »

Ok last night ended up one of my top 5 vegas nights out.
So after sitting at the bar for about an hour I get chatting to a guy two seats down from Kentucky.  He moved to vegas about five years ago and just plays 2/5 cash games and odd tournaments.  Strangely we had quite a lot in common so there was plenty to talk about.   Anyways it was his birthday the day before and he was waiting for his buddies to turn up. 

At 5:50pm we got chucked out of the main bar area as there was a function so he got a table and invited me to join.  Beers were flowing and I’d eaten at the bar so was quite prepared for a long session if it went that way. 
His buddies turned up, a couple of Mexican Americans he had just randomly bumped into on the strip one night when he was carrying a big case of beer and they had jokingly asked him if he needed help with it.   One of them had his girlfriend along too and it was clear these guys had had many nights out over the last few years. The fun and banter was just hilarious and they made me feel part of the group from the off.  One of the guys has worked the bars at New York New York for 21 years and the other was in supplying trucks to the military. 

Fast forward an hour or so and we are shouting congratulations to a wedding couple sat across from us on another table.  We get chatting and within one minute my mouth is wide open in shock as the bride has been to my hometown over 20 times and her parents moved there a few years back and regularly swim in the open water Bude Sea Pool which I’ll be in 2-5times a week for the next few months.  So at that point they are invited to join us and accept and fit in perfect into the group. 

Fast forward to just after 9pm and birthday boy wants karaoke so we head a few miles off strip to GoGo Karaoke.  The wedding couple didn’t join us but there’s still a chance we may meet back up at New York New York when the bartender is working. 

The karaoke bar is actually private rooms where you control what ever songs you like using YouTube but with some sort of really good microphone and sound system that made it sound a bit better. I got back to the strip around 1:30pm, I only know that time stamp because I messaged a photo of Dave’s Hot Chicken that I’d bought from the Horseshoe Bazaar shops to my mate back home around 2am. 

I don’t normally let my guard down that easily on foreign trips but my instincts were right on this one and I was so glad to have had such an epic night I won’t forget.   Alcohol wise I obviously didn’t count but I must have had 8-10 beers at the Brewdog, about 6 shots, and another 4-5 beers at the karaoke bar.  These guys wouldn’t take a penny off me for any of it. 

Somehow I’ve managed about seven hours sleep and only feel a bit tired and sluggish and with hardly any hangover at all. Back at the WSOP Saturday for stud hilo, I’m not sure if I should risk going out to that bar at New York New York or not, decide tomorrow.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 22, 2023, 06:44:44 PM »

Great story. Imagine not having a hangover after a night like that.

Best of luck for the rest of your trip.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 22, 2023, 07:05:44 PM »

Ok last night ended up one of my top 5 vegas nights out.
So after sitting at the bar for about an hour I get chatting to a guy two seats down from Kentucky.  He moved to vegas about five years ago and just plays 2/5 cash games and odd tournaments.  Strangely we had quite a lot in common so there was plenty to talk about.   Anyways it was his birthday the day before and he was waiting for his buddies to turn up. 

At 5:50pm we got chucked out of the main bar area as there was a function so he got a table and invited me to join.  Beers were flowing and I’d eaten at the bar so was quite prepared for a long session if it went that way. 
His buddies turned up, a couple of Mexican Americans he had just randomly bumped into on the strip one night when he was carrying a big case of beer and they had jokingly asked him if he needed help with it.   One of them had his girlfriend along too and it was clear these guys had had many nights out over the last few years. The fun and banter was just hilarious and they made me feel part of the group from the off.  One of the guys has worked the bars at New York New York for 21 years and the other was in supplying trucks to the military. 

Fast forward an hour or so and we are shouting congratulations to a wedding couple sat across from us on another table.  We get chatting and within one minute my mouth is wide open in shock as the bride has been to my hometown over 20 times and her parents moved there a few years back and regularly swim in the open water Bude Sea Pool which I’ll be in 2-5times a week for the next few months.  So at that point they are invited to join us and accept and fit in perfect into the group. 

Fast forward to just after 9pm and birthday boy wants karaoke so we head a few miles off strip to GoGo Karaoke.  The wedding couple didn’t join us but there’s still a chance we may meet back up at New York New York when the bartender is working. 

The karaoke bar is actually private rooms where you control what ever songs you like using YouTube but with some sort of really good microphone and sound system that made it sound a bit better. I got back to the strip around 1:30pm, I only know that time stamp because I messaged a photo of Dave’s Hot Chicken that I’d bought from the Horseshoe Bazaar shops to my mate back home around 2am. 

I don’t normally let my guard down that easily on foreign trips but my instincts were right on this one and I was so glad to have had such an epic night I won’t forget.   Alcohol wise I obviously didn’t count but I must have had 8-10 beers at the Brewdog, about 6 shots, and another 4-5 beers at the karaoke bar.  These guys wouldn’t take a penny off me for any of it. 

Somehow I’ve managed about seven hours sleep and only feel a bit tired and sluggish and with hardly any hangover at all. Back at the WSOP Saturday for stud hilo, I’m not sure if I should risk going out to that bar at New York New York or not, decide tomorrow.

thanks for all the great write ups,

if i had to bet then i reckon you will get to newyork newyork tomorrow night. what could go wrong?

good luck in the stud if you make it
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 22, 2023, 09:53:25 PM »

Good luck in the Stud Rob.  Sounds a cracking night too.  Used to spend my childhood holidays up the road in Croydon, but stayed in a place in Kilkhampton a couple of times.  Nice part of the World.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
animalpoker

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 22, 2023, 10:18:44 PM »

hi guys how do I post pictures on here ?

I do, but I'm buggered if I could explain it coherently.

Alternatively, if you send the images to me via e-Mail or WhatsApp I can upload them for you. We can exchange details of e-mail addresses & WhatApp numbers via PM first, job done.

Thanks mate.  Prob won’t bother as would only be odd seat draw or bag of chips photos .  Just thought I’d ask if was really simple I’d pop odd ones up . 
animalpoker

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 22, 2023, 10:20:01 PM »

Good luck in the Stud Rob.  Sounds a cracking night too.  Used to spend my childhood holidays up the road in Croydon, but stayed in a place in Kilkhampton a couple of times.  Nice part of the World.

Ha small world .  We will discuss that one further when I bump into you next time .
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 22, 2023, 10:28:29 PM »

Ha small world .  We will discuss that one further when I bump into you next time .

Think that is a spell checker error (or am going daft).  To be fair just autocorrected to Croydon again, but am probably going daft too.
 Croyde not Croydon obv. 

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: