blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:38:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Midlands Medley @ Walsall, £300 - Overnight Counts & Mini Report
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Midlands Medley @ Walsall, £300 - Overnight Counts & Mini Report  (Read 17511 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2006, 07:58:19 AM »

A whopping 190 runners were accommodated at Walsall for the £300 Freezeout - surely a record for Walsall.

And it started on time, & the breaks were kept to schedule - well done to the Walsall Team. 7k starting chips, blinds began at 25-50, 45 minute clock all the way.

I believe First Prize is just over £20,000, & I THINK that 10th to 18th will all get £300, but I'm not 100% on that.

26 return at 3pm Thursday, & heres the overnight counts, in Table & Seat Order. I believe average is around 50k. Blinds are 1,500-3,000 for another 15 minutes.

Table 1

Gorg Collins 31,000

Andy Wilson 61,000

A Lytras 39,500

Y Umari 107,000

Nick Clarke 84,000

Wally Alcci 53,000

Craig Wildman 40,500

G Butler 30,000

Table 2

Ed Giddens 30,000

R Harman 51,500

P. Jackson (NOT Action Jack!)  50,000

G Rees 25,500

I McFarlane 34,500

ActionJack 85,000

J Morgan 47,000

F Audla (?) 31,500

D Phipps 110,000

Table 3

P Jongs 32,000

Matt Cartwright 23,500

D Shearer 22,500

I Shaw-Binns 59,000

Thewy 26,500

tikay 28,500

J Stitcher 70,000

Red-Dog 25,500

A Nunn 105,000

Mini Report

Team blonde were represented by Tighty, Red-Dog, spoony & Tighty. Tighty & sonopy busted early, sonopy claimning a bad beat. Guess he had J-8 or some similar jiunk.

Red-Dog was still there at the end, grimly determined as ever. You have to prise chips off Tom, he really is tenacious. For the 4th time in a row, he & I shared tables pretty much all night.

Other blondes? Too many to mention, remember or even recognize. But I do recall Thewy, Lucy Rokach (a very early faller) Micky Wernick, I Know It, b4Matt, Boodereham, Nick Gibson, the slim-line Rumit, Iwan Jones, ActionJack, Joe Grech, Ash Pervaiz, J P Kelly (out very early), Flushy (though not playing), Action Man, John Hewston, Mel Lofthouse, Hotdog, Ed Giddins, Racing Ronnie, &, well, I'm sorry, but so many more I can't recall at this late hour.

PRO President & Pie-Man Colchester Kev was on the rail, always a welcome if large sight, though frquent "come on Pops" did little to please me.

Thewy was dancing as only he can. At the first break he had his starting stack,( 7k,) at the 2nd break he had 24k, next time I saw him, 5 tables out, he was down to the felt. He moves in on the SB for about 4k with the impressive  & gets called by the shorty BB with , & in true Thewy style, his Ten high was good. Then he does a real Thewy, in the BB with  Two Diamonds on a Q high flop, the SB with  the dominating three clubs set him in, & he calls, only to end up praying for a split pot, which did look 99% certain on the turn, but a pesky  two hearts rivered!

A guy called I. Shaw-Binns - nice fella - was down to 900 early, & ended the night with 59k!

Stuart Rutter made THE most astonishing laydown. This guy can play - deep in the Final at Helsinki, & a couple of results since, he held  on a flop of  . Turn & river of  & some robust betting saw his pass his flopped House, only to see his oppo show the straight.....WOW!

Tourney Reports in which the author plays are by necessity largely self-centred, but I'm gonna run through my evening in brief, as it was a most un-tikay like evening.I fiddled about early & eased my 7k to 9k easily with the help of a few kind flops. I was in good heart, having (chirp alert) won the $200 entry $6k Guaranteed on Blue Square last night for a handy $2,810.

Then the first of umpteen hands featuring QQ arose. I pick up  & R to 800, mid-position man makes it a RR to 1,500, I RRR to 4k, & he sets me in, & now I've stupidly left myself pot-stranded, so I call & he shows the best I could hope - .  on the flop gets me nicely doubled up. to 17k or so.

The VERY next hand I find  again! This one was ugly ugly ugly for my poor oppo, as I kinda like the    flop & bet out, he calls, I bet the blank turn, he calls, I check the paired  River, he checks too, & turns over  . What a horrible coup for him, but he hangs in because I did not bet on the end.

Next I catch 2 pairs in the BB against top pair for SB Andy Johnson & bag another 2k.

28k & loving it!

Now Mr Shaw-Binns makes it 1,500 UTG, shorty to his left moves all-in for 6k, & I wake up with - you've guessed it -  .....! I make what turns out to be, by my standards, a good play here, because I don't really have much information on what Shaw-Binns might have, so I just call the 6k. He RR's to 12k, I let go, & he shows..... . Luckily I had resisted the "R to isolate" plan....but I've done 6k on this hand.

Now, astonishlingly, I find  yet aagin - that's a record, surely, & R it up, I get called by the table calling-station who is deep-stacked, & a guy on 11k, who also calls. Not happy here.....
The flop is a safe-looking  , & I bet 10k, deep-stack calls again, & short stack moves in. Me & Mr Deep-Stack check the safe turn, & I bet the safe River, only to find Mr Short-Stack netting the Main Pot with a set of fours, damn, that was a HUGE pot, & I get the consolation of the side-pot to minimise my losses.

Next hand another shorty moves on for 7k, I have  & quickly call, he has, yup, it's that hand again -  ....! And what's more, he not only goes on to catch quads, but he NEEDED quads, as I rivered the staight. Another 7k down the pan, oops.

O the Button now, I call a mini-Raise from Andy Johnson - he could have ANYTHING - with  , Big Oz Mustanoglu calls too. Andy bets 700 on the    flop, I call, Big Oz shoves his last 3,700 in, Andy passes, & I think I'm marginal favourite unlsss Oz has 2 hearts, so I call, & he shows  , & I miss, & my brief giddy spell with a tall-stack is over, & I;m back in the pack.

It quietens down after that, & I sink into sub-average mediocrity, eventually ending up next to Thewy - to his left - with a red-zone 14k, but I double-up with my    v .

So, there it is. I fancy either Thewy or me will double-up/bust if we get to play the blinds alone. He's gonna bully me for 100% sure, & I can't sit & let him make a fool of me all afternoon, so I'll take my chances if he does not stay in line. Some chance of HIM behaving......And it's 4/7 Thewy bustd me, & 2/1 I bust him. But you never know, but me & His Blessed-Ness don't do same-village, so it could well turn nasty with 2 very weak holdings.

Great night, & fair play to Walsall - 190 runners - WOW!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 08:07:53 AM »

I forgot to mention, the Unusual Suspects Heads-Up matches take place Thursday afternoon, the winner out of Burnley John, Flushy & Jen getting a €10,000 seat at Monte Carlo. Very tense!

We are gonna try & bring you a little Live Update - no promises, but I'm confident we can do something, & we may even be able to bring you the climax to the £300.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ruthless1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 08:13:44 AM »

Goodluck to all the Blondes for the 2nd day thumbs up
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 09:22:35 AM »

£300 Freezeout

I THINK that 10th to 18th will all get £300

>:?

(I was sure there was a 'bangs head against wall' smiley somewhere, but this will have to do).

Sheriff
(in broken record mode)

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 09:23:51 AM »

Thanks for the mention boss...........................
And you told me you had 95k!!!!!!!!!
Fascinating night for me, had a table full of rocks to start.....action Jack, rumit, Iwan Jones etc.
I raise 3rd hand on the button to 100 (blinds 25-50) and everyone folds!!!
Anyway, basically had total trash hands all night but the odd exception kept me around average, won races with 10 10 v AK and JJ v AK both times for about a third of my chips and that's about it till i was moved next to Mr Thew, both real shorties and with myself in dire straits i look down and see a black ace, do the obvious and move my 5.5k into the middle and oops get a reraise.
Of course he has AK but the gods are with me and i hit my 2 outer yay!!
A couple of hands later i get another double up with a flush before being moved next to actionjack again (this time he's on my left!), now with a few chips i can manage the odd raise to stay average and even outdrew shortie hitting quad 9's against his 10's Cheesy
Anyway that's the story so far, i have 34.5k just a little over 10 BB's and a bit of time to play some hands so we shall see what happens.
Good luck to RED and his shadow Tikay and of course Julian and Craig, gonna get some kip, night night XXX

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 09:26:22 AM »

Stuart Rutter made THE most astonishing laydown. This guy can play - deep in the Final at Helsinki, & a couple of results since, he held  on a flop of  . Turn & river of  & some robust betting saw his pass his flopped House, only to see his oppo show the straight.....WOW!

Is this a typo Tikay (i.e. did oppo have a straight flush?)

Sheriff

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 12:18:46 PM »

Thanks for the mention boss...........................
And you told me you had 95k!!!!!!!!!
Fascinating night for me, had a table full of rocks to start.....action Jack, rumit, Iwan Jones etc.
I raise 3rd hand on the button to 100 (blinds 25-50) and everyone folds!!!
Anyway, basically had total trash hands all night but the odd exception kept me around average, won races with 10 10 v AK and JJ v AK both times for about a third of my chips and that's about it till i was moved next to Mr Thew, both real shorties and with myself in dire straits i look down and see a black ace, do the obvious and move my 5.5k into the middle and oops get a reraise.
Of course he has AK but the gods are with me and i hit my 2 outer yay!!
A couple of hands later i get another double up with a flush before being moved next to actionjack again (this time he's on my left!), now with a few chips i can manage the odd raise to stay average and even outdrew shortie hitting quad 9's against his 10's Cheesy
Anyway that's the story so far, i have 34.5k just a little over 10 BB's and a bit of time to play some hands so we shall see what happens.
Good luck to RED and his shadow Tikay and of course Julian and Craig, gonna get some kip, night night XXX

oops, how COULD I forget the one & only ifm.....Sorry Ian! And well played.

ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 12:21:46 PM »

Nice report. Good luck today blondes.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 12:22:23 PM »

Is this a typo Tikay (i.e. did oppo have a straight flush?)

Sheriff

No - Not a typo, & no straight flush was out. Stuar thought Matey Boy had JJ or TT. And I did not report this to demean or criticise Stuart who is a quite exceptional talent. He just really thought the guy had the bigger house. I could not pass that hand if my life depended on it.

Trace
21/01/07 18:33:11

Mrs Fielding to be!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 12:23:28 PM »

Good Luck to all Blondes.

I would like to wish Good Luck also to Ian Shaw-Binns, otherwise known as Tips...

Tikay  if you should happen to see him  please pass on my good luck wishes to him.

Bless him

T

xxx

Liberavi animam meam
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2006, 12:29:15 PM »

Trace - will do. Nice bloke, funny name though.

Sheriff - see "interesting hand tonight" thread......

Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2006, 12:37:05 PM »

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE BLONDIES!!

Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2006, 12:37:07 PM »

Ian Shaw-Binns, doesn't he sound upper class like that lolol. As Trace says, it's Tips, and another MMM to boot!

Good Luck all Blondites, and Tips!!

“Half a truth is often a great lie.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
charmaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2006, 12:38:06 PM »

Good luck today Tikay , and to all blondes left in  thumbs up thumbs up

Also good luck to Jen and James , i have no preferences and wish you both well  thumbs up thumbs up

" Kind words can be short and easy to speak , but there echoes are truly endless " -Mother Theresa
charmaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2006, 12:39:02 PM »

Good luck Tips too !!!! ........... Up the MMM  thumbs up thumbs up

" Kind words can be short and easy to speak , but there echoes are truly endless " -Mother Theresa
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: