blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 05:47:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272894 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  your move.....3 (no right answer)
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: your move.....3 (no right answer)  (Read 3933 times)
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2006, 01:38:04 AM »

Some great posts here. I think the main point would be how you got your chips. If you got them from small pots then why change a winning formula?

In the hypohetical situation (of an extremely small blind compared to the HUGE starting stack) then I would disagree with the shortstack being he player to try and increase the size of each pot. By increasng each pot you increase the pressure on yourself to win these pots, as each pot lost is more significant (upwardly proportional to the size of your pre flop raises). With such small blinds time is on your side and small pots can still be played and therefor trying to outplay the other guy can still be your primary tactic. There's no law with trying to slowly recover a short stack you know! - NB: With 5 million chips and blinds at 1/2 there's lots of play left in it!

The only advantage I can see to playing so aggressively with a short stack in this situation is that you would want to create an image whereby your opponent would maybe call your all in with a mediocre holding as he "doesn't believe you" but this will be very hard to do with these blinds compared to your stacks as he can "pick his spot" - it's not like the 1/2 blinds compared to his 15million chips are going to bother him is it?

I agree with Adam M that at the end of a multi you are more likely to take the shot as it is a freebie and you have accumulated a chip lead precisely for an opportunity like this. To end it - but not be out if you lose. That's the key to NLHE even money shots IMO.

However I also play heads ups at every buy-in level I can afford and in a comp like this where your opponent is usually pretty useful and there is usually more than one match I would probably call.

Apologies for the long post.
clayftknight

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2006, 05:12:38 PM »

don't apologise, lots of good stuff there.

One thing that concerns me is that there is a lot of talk of outplaying the other guy,  of course if you are outplaying him you want to keep the pots small but would your answers here differ if you felt your opponent was as good as you?

What if you thought he was better than you?
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2006, 05:50:20 PM »

what, heads up?

Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: