blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:35:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  past blonde Bashes
| | | |-+  importan!how far is the red light district from cincins?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: importan!how far is the red light district from cincins?  (Read 7089 times)
shortstack_itb

Riverin Sh!t

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2006, 01:15:28 PM »

Yeah you both look alike on your avatars

Lol,

Im 100x better looking than that!!

If he was my dad then he would play poker better two!

Please feel free to tell us about museums, theatres etc in the locality, nothing like a bit of culture. How far down is this thread going to drag us? What happened to the family forum I knew and loved?

Too right! Whats the culture like?

Still looking for that happy place
patman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2006, 01:33:30 PM »

ok Robert valid point and yes its a family forum

SO -  things to see in glasgow

kelvingrove art gallery...not only a fantastic building houses some of the most fascinating exhibits..not just art, history and dinasours.

the science centre..a stones throw..one for all the family you could spend all day in there. Has interactive kids stuff and learning zones...but its a real experience.

the transport museam also close to the do. - tram cars the history of transport and load of other stuff...its at the kelvin hall. does guided tours as well(tikay may like this).

the football museams at hampden etc. also celtic park and no doubt ibrox...well worth a viewing

theatres...the kings , the pavilion does both opera(on at the moment) and shows...tickest can be obtained locally

it is also i believe the glasgow comedy festival at the moment  - loads of shows all over glasgow. In particular the stand, jongleurs...comedy for all the different types of humour(one for Red Dog...he can educate them in humour).

any more please ask.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2006, 01:33:51 PM »

The Gallery of Modern Art just off Queen Street (Royal Exchange Square) is worth a look if you're into that sort of thing. Admission is free.

It's the one with the famous statue outside of a mounted Duke of Wellington that was erected in 1844.

Local tradition was that the Duke always has a traffic cone on his head, (or at least always at the weekend) I think it dates back 20 years or so when some dude died during a riot who had earlier that evening crowned the statue with a cone. (Or so an off duty policeman told me when I was caught climbing on the statue a few years back trying to knock the cone off)

The council have recently appealed for people to stop climbing on the statue as they're feart it might get damaged. A Shame but fair enough I suppose, it is very old. Don't expect to see a cone on it this weekend.

Here's a link

http://www.glasgowsculpture.com/
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 01:38:57 PM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2006, 01:37:33 PM »

Not big fan of the Kings theatre as they seem to have skimped on leg room in the seats.
If you're a big lad like myself, it's worth checking out the competition in my opinion or risk a bit of cramp.

Unless you're the flash type that can get a box.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 01:39:32 PM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2006, 01:39:04 PM »

Now that's more like it, thanks chaps. I knew Glasgow had more to offer than fighting, drunken footie fans and fish. Seems like a city to be proud of in so many ways.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
patman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2006, 01:39:39 PM »

Not big fan of the Kings theatre as they seem to have skimped on leg room in the seats.
If you're a big lad like myself, it's worth checking out the competition in my opinion or risk a bit of cramp.

true but for me its ok..5 ft odd. I think i might be an idea to do a new thread on glasgows things to do and see and perhaps a mod can cut an paste this stuff into it...saves it being on the red light thread..which will die gracefully
shortstack_itb

Riverin Sh!t

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2006, 01:50:23 PM »

LOL

they fit?

Still looking for that happy place
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2006, 02:16:53 PM »

Please feel free to tell us about museums, theatres etc in the locality, nothing like a bit of culture. How far down is this thread going to drag us? What happened to the family forum I knew and loved?

just a bit of harmless fun robert dont be such a prude !  Cheesy

m apologies to anyone offended

Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2006, 02:19:23 PM »

lol, me a prude? err yes alright then

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2006, 02:24:21 PM »

lol, me a prude? err yes alright then

certainly not il take that back as just read some of your tone lowering comments on the "busty gang" thread   Cheesy

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2006, 02:24:58 PM »

BTW guys I used to work in Waterloo St & encountered a few of the 'ladies' whenever I left work late (it did happen now & again). I'd save the money (and I'm not majorly fussy). Having 'Clarence'  the crosseyed hooker ask you if you want 'bizness' would put you off it for life!!!!

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
charmaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2006, 02:32:47 PM »

BTW guys I used to work in Waterloo St & encountered a few of the 'ladies' whenever I left work late (it did happen now & again). I'd save the money (and I'm not majorly fussy). Having 'Clarence'  the crosseyed hooker ask you if you want 'bizness' would put you off it for life!!!!
........you need to be fussy Rod 

" Kind words can be short and easy to speak , but there echoes are truly endless " -Mother Theresa
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2006, 02:38:55 PM »

I think you mean I can't afford to be fussy.... but even so Clarence (that's her nickname with the cab drivers) terrified me.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
moritzey

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2006, 02:45:30 PM »

I think you mean I can't afford to be fussy.... but even so Clarence (that's her nickname with the cab drivers) terrified me.

OK, let's stick to playing poker then.
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2006, 03:34:57 PM »

HEY!!!!

I bought my mate a Hooker for his 18th Birthday, just round the back of the Horse Shoe bar a few years back, he said it was amazing!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 03:44:50 PM by Scottish Dave » Logged

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: