blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 07:10:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272906 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  O/T VERY important information for all lone drivers!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: O/T VERY important information for all lone drivers!  (Read 3824 times)
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2006, 04:31:14 PM »

Served him right for going to Black Orchid.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2006, 04:32:37 PM »

I went there ONCE but had major flu.  I was so ill and cold that i spent the entire evening asleep on the floor of the ladies loo's under the radiator.  Think i had the better night than most.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 04:34:33 PM by Chili Pepper » Logged

MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2006, 04:40:57 PM »

Did any Asian doctors buy you a drink, or can you remember if your back felt a little sore when you woke up.

Regards

M

Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2006, 05:14:01 PM »

112 is the EU standard emergency number, ie it should work in all countries.

http://www.sos112.info/

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
charmaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2006, 06:33:51 PM »

Ok guys, i understand there is a lot of hoax e-mails that make the rounds and alot of rubbish that needs to be ignored....but if someone picks up ONE bit of advice from this post then i am glad i posted it.  All i know is that if an unmarked car tried to pull me over before i read this then i would probably just have pulled over.  Probably nieve of me but i live and learn.
I for one will be showing my daughter this  thread , a young girl driving alone should always be wary , flashing light or no flashing light !!

" Kind words can be short and easy to speak , but there echoes are truly endless " -Mother Theresa
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2006, 06:40:18 PM »

I thought everyone knew about 112, the amount of times i have looked at my mobile bill and found  999 calls on it is unbelievable!!
They should disable the 999 feature on mobiles and just leave it at 112 (you know, where you don't have to unlock the phone to dial those numbers), then we all wouldn't be wasting despatchers time with unnecessary calls.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Cybertim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2006, 06:57:09 PM »

Hey Andrew dont ruin a perfectly good piece of advice!  No matter where it came from, i called 112 to verify and indeed does get you in touch with our emergency services.  So its still something i am thankfull of keeping in mind when i drive around on me tod!

Are you NUTS?  by calling 112 and tying up an operator for even a few seconds you could cost someone their lives.  just so that you can verify if it works?  lets hope someone isn't phoning 112 to verify it when its YOU that needs them and cant get through

Just read back the above post and it reads a bit harsh.. It isn't meant to be Wink..  just trying to make a point
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 07:23:12 PM by Cybertim » Logged
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2006, 10:57:21 PM »

"a bit harsh"   Jeez - why dont you blind fold me and put me infront of a firing squad??  Sorry for my naivety but i just didnt know about 112.  Next time i pass on what i thought was good information i will clear it with Intellegence agency first.

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2006, 11:05:25 PM »

Any last requests?

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2006, 11:12:14 PM »

I did hear, but I haven't tried it, that you can also dial 911 over here to get the fuzz and also in the US, you can dial 999.

Not sure if it's true or not though

Still a good bit of advise Chilli

Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2006, 11:18:40 PM »

Right i think this thread has gotten a little out of hand here

1/ Chilli thought it was a legitimate Email and thought it appropriate to inform her "friends"
2/ once she realised it wasnt legit, she recognised that it wasnt legit, but still felt good about posting as she learned something new from the email and still felt it good reason to post it.

why some of you feel the need to take the piss out of her or rib her for posting something that could save someones life, i dont understand.

She was only being a nice person by passing it on.

I for one am glad she posted this.

Scottish Dave

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2006, 11:21:43 PM »

Wow, over reaction alert!
Cyber was a bit harsh (well a lot actually) but that's about it, i think we all understand the sentiment.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2006, 11:34:38 PM »

Right i think this thread has gotten a little out of hand here

1/ Chilli thought it was a legitimate Email and thought it appropriate to inform her "friends"
2/ once she realised it wasnt legit, she recognised that it wasnt legit, but still felt good about posting as she learned something new from the email and still felt it good reason to post it.

why some of you feel the need to take the piss out of her or rib her for posting something that could save someones life, i dont understand.

She was only being a nice person by passing it on.

I for one am glad she posted this.

Scottish Dave

and ill use the advice if i ever have to. thanks chilli

Patience is a virtue.

Cybertim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2006, 11:40:23 PM »

I read my post and edited it BEFORE anyone read it..  I know it was done with the best of intentions and thats why I did the edit....   I suppose there are are people out there who havent seen the  TVadverts or the programmes or the radio and newspaper ads saying dont call the emergency services unless its an emergency..  and Chilli is obviously one of those.. sorry Chilli
Trace
21/01/07 18:33:11

Mrs Fielding to be!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2006, 11:42:08 PM »

I too had seen this email in a different form too, but I did NOT know about 112.

Thank you Chili for raising the awareness of this.

xxx

Liberavi animam meam
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: