blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:24:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Longest run without a MTT cash?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Longest run without a MTT cash?  (Read 4950 times)
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2006, 02:39:37 AM »

James

Stick with it man! - If you feel your playing good, dont change anything! If you think ur playing bad, take a break!

You know how long I went last year (even loosing all my online bankroll at one point)

Shit happens m8, chin up, u'll be back!!
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2006, 02:49:06 AM »

The weekend'll have to have boosted the 'ol confidence a little?

Winning the one-hand only jacket comp and the guess when the dancing nutter stops dancing like a nutter contest. That's quite a combo, you'll be winning online in no-time.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2006, 05:11:25 AM »

Dear Fishy, thought these people all knew you much better than they seem to.

The only sensible advice I can give you is to give up :-)

x x x

sola virtus nobilitat
stallyon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2006, 10:33:22 AM »

Late last year I did nothing but finish in the money of every Omaha Pot Limit MTT I entered (apart from a couple of bubble placings)...so far this year I've won diddly squat on the OPL front - I guess there's more fish now then what there was - either that or the Omaha regulars have ganged up on me to take me down each time  Cheesy

Click to see full-size image.
clayftknight

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2006, 11:15:05 AM »

My longest run without a cash is 12 multis.

During a bad run you start to overbet your big hands, not wanting to be outdrawn, this sounds logical but in fact you are only making things worse, because you are increasing the size of the pots you are in and therefore sailing closer to the wind than usual............well, at some point someone will either outplay you or outdraw you, and if you've been betting everything hard to protect your big hands, this one time will cripple you or put you out...and the bad run continues, and the 'bad luck continues...........

So my advice is don't overbet your hands, keep it small, and if you are a good player, the cashes will come again..........also, as bizarre as this sounds, log in to a multi and sit out for 30 minutes........then play, your chance of cashing will go right up, trust me, just do it once or twice.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2006, 11:17:54 AM »

my problem with online MTTs is hat i lose intrest after a couple of hours this doesnt happen to me offline

blondepoker doesnt help either for me

as i get into reading threads instead of consentrating on whats happening on the tables

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
clayftknight

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2006, 11:42:21 AM »

hahaha  that is a great point.

although Iron, surely your odds are helped by the fact I'm not at your table Smiley
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2006, 11:58:08 AM »

if you were at my table clay it wouldnt be a problem i can read yu like a book and the chips will all be mine

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2006, 12:00:15 PM »

I think your style will contribute to these barren runs flushy. You aren't exactly sitting around waiting for aces and kings as i recall.

It will come mate, you are far to good a player for it not to.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2006, 12:39:26 PM »

flushy u big kipper get urself in the 2:00pm on tribbecca, you can have 2nd in that one...

matt674

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2006, 02:14:43 PM »

My longest run without a cash is 12 multis.

For someone who can play 3 or 4 MTT's simultaneously are you honestly saying that you've never gone more than 3 or 4 days without ever cashing in the last 3 years?

sponsored by Fyffes
clayftknight

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2006, 02:22:39 PM »

umm, how do you know how many I'm in lol   are you checking up on me?
If I go 2 days without cashing I'll probably cry, yes 12 in a row, it wasn't a brag, it was "I know how you feel"

When you really want to money, it doesn't take many attempts to do it, but it certainly doesn't involve playing good profitable poker.

Iron...............you can read?
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2006, 02:27:23 PM »

umm, how do you know how many I'm in lol   are you checking up on me?
If I go 2 days without cashing I'll probably cry, yes 12 in a row, it wasn't a brag, it was "I know how you feel"

When you really want to money, it doesn't take many attempts to do it, but it certainly doesn't involve playing good profitable poker.

Iron...............you can read?

Nope, currently taking a late lunch in work but having seen you play at the same time as i play usually we are in the same 2, 3 or 4 tourneys at the same time on pokerstars. I'm guessing you also play on other sites whereas i only play the one.

If i was checking up on you i'd say that your biggest droughts on pokerstars were 41 days without a cash (19/05/2004 to 30/06/2004), 30 days (15/07/2004 to 14/08/2004) and 23 days (17/09/2005 to 10/10/2005).......... Wink

sponsored by Fyffes
clayftknight

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2006, 02:32:17 PM »

In 2004 I wasn't playing Stars much, certainly not like now.
The gap in 2005 probably coincides with a sng period I don't know.
I do know that 12 is my longest not in the money run.

btw

Interesting point, I actually stopped recording my played/monied recently because I feared it was hurting me, my focus was roo much on moneying to improve the 'in the money' average.

Now I just record money out and in, and since I started doing that, mid February, my results have improved hugely.

I have nothing to hide, my money out and in is published since 1st April 2005  at www.clayftknight.com/results.htm

It shows I'm just a mid limit tourney player trying to scrape a profit just like most of us are.
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2006, 02:36:27 PM »

Out of curiosity - when you say MTT would you include a 2 or 3 table sit and go as an MTT? Strictly speaking it isnt a STT.

sponsored by Fyffes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: