blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:29:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2274200 Posts in 66766 Topics by 16731 Members
Latest Member: Airdraken
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Next blonde Live Update - The Paris WPT
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Next blonde Live Update - The Paris WPT  (Read 2203 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2005, 02:49:23 AM »

Monday sees the start of easily Europe's most valuable Tournament, The Paris WPT.

With entry set at 10,000 Euros, a 400 runner field would produce a purse of 4,000,000 Euros, thats about 2,800,000. So not far short of a MILLION QUID to the winner.

Lasy year saw one of THE all time classic heads-up battles, when Tony G tried to rattle Surinder Sunar, but the Wolverhampton man kept his cool, & took the money. Our own Dave Colclough finished an unlucky 6th, when his KK got turned over. Dave LOVES playing in the Aviation, and has had 11 major cashes there, & he won the 500E Omaha there earlier this week.

Bracelet winner Brian Wilson (blondeite WSOPin06) - fresh from his 3rd place in the 1,000E NLH today - will also be there, & Lawrence Gosney I shouldent wonder. And just about every other European & American big name.

Just about EVERY "name" will be there, so if you have a face you wanna follow, just post on our Forum, we are interactive for a reason - so you are as much a part of it as we are.

And without the painful time difference we suffered in Las Vegas, it should be user friendly for the Brits to follow at reasonably civilised hours.

Play starts each day at 4pm France time - don't know what that is in England, but it can only be somewhere between 3pm & 5pm.

The comp begns on Monday, & they have TWO opening days, so at least we will be able to follow the field a little better - 200 odd players ought to be 10 times easier than the 2,000 we had on each of the 4 days in Vegas! On Wednesday they play down to 35 players, on Thursday to 6, & it's the big TV Final on Friday.

And the blonde Team. Pardon me for chirping, but it's the blonde A-Team - Jen will be there! We travel out on Monday morning. And we have TWO Press Passes this time, so poor Jen won't be stuck in the corridor, she'll be whizzing round the tables getting the chip counts. And unlike me, she don't mind saying to players "excuse me, what's your name"....!

So make our efforts worthwhile by tuning in. It really helps to know you guys are with us, so get comfy, pull up a chair, open a beer, & imagine you are there.

See you Monday!

PS - If anyone knows what blondeites are playing, please let us know. We know for sure that El Blondie, WSOPin06, probably Aces, Padraig & Isabelle. Any others?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 03:01:16 AM »

I think Paris time is one hour ahead so, if that is right, the comp will start at 3pm BST.

Looking forward to this so have ordered extra popcorn.

As for the list of players you can add Harry D so ActionJack can follow his percentage.

TAPIS!!!

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 03:30:04 AM »

PS - If anyone knows what blondeites are playing, please let us know. We know for sure that El Blondie, WSOPin06, probably Aces, Padraig & Isabelle. Any others?

is el blondie a blondite? and is OLD blondie playing or just doing live updates?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 04:02:14 AM »

Percentages in harry D? Add Mr Phil Quayle & Mr Jonathan I've Gotta Kilt Rabb, who, between them, bid successfully for a 5% stake for the Paris WPT in Mr Harry D tonight.

Rumour that Mr D wants to take his lessons fom Ironside before Paris could not be substantiated.

Is El Blondie a blondeite? One assumes, as he has some 234 posts to his name, that the question is merely a link to the supplementary - is Ol Blondie a blondeite? There is no Menmber registered under that name. To whom do you refer, kind Sir?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2005, 04:05:20 AM »

Is El Blondie a blondeite? One assumes, as he has some 234 posts to his name,

is that all blondite dave made that many posts on his first day

all though dave's post have dried up since he failed to make the lap dancers in glasgow last week

Harry Demetriou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2005, 06:14:09 PM »

This may sound like sour grapes (and it is) but as I recall El Blondie busted me last year in this event on the first day.

I underaised his big blind from late position with AdQd and he called with T8 offsuit (I think)

The flop came ten high with 2 diamonds and El Blondie bet so I reraised him all in (I had the right amount to make him fold).

Unfortunately El Blondie wasn't a good enough player  Smiley Smiley Smiley to lay down top pair with a weak/no kicker against a SUPER TIGHT (ROTFL) player like me and his top pair held up.

I think it was Gavin Smith (winner of the WPT event at The Mirage this year) who then made the comment as we flipped over our hands that he had thrown away two diamonds (just what you want to hear when you are all in that you've lost 2 of your imagined 15 outs).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2005, 07:49:27 PM »

T-8 off? He's such a calling station, that El Blondie, eh?

Well make sure you & El Blondie are not on the same table until Friday this year Harry....!

A little article went up on the blonde Home Page today, in which you were mentioned - but I have no idea of where the mention of a "high forehead" arose. Typos, eh?

http://www.blondepoker.com/News.htm

Good Luck in Paris!

You also got some mention in another thread today - I think it was the one in which Ironside was chirping about his winning bid. Quite right too. But I cannot recall what the thread was called now. Probably just as well, in case there are more typos in it......

OMAY
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2005, 11:14:15 PM »

ROY THE BOYS MUM HERE, HOWS MY SON DOING, ANY UPDATE PLEASE.
CLEANED THE MANTLEPIECE JUST IN CASE !    KNOCK THEIR SOCKS OFF. MUM.
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2005, 11:17:49 PM »

You need to look in the other section marked LIVE UPDATES Mrs B.   nice to have you on board and best of luck to your boy.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2005, 09:58:06 AM »

Harry Demetriou, do you live in Scotland, Are you any relation to Marinus Demetriou?

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2005, 02:02:43 PM »

harry lives out of a suitcase playing  in the biggest games in the world with many wsop and wpt final tables to his name

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: