blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:25:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Rule Clarification
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rule Clarification  (Read 812 times)
OffTheRadar

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2006, 01:32:33 AM »

Hope I'm not posting this in the wrong section, I just want something clearing up regarding a hand I played in a 5-table sit & go on Full Tilt. This isn't regarding strategy, I'm just looking for a clarification of the rules.

OK so I'm UTG in the very early stages (first 3 or 4 hands), blinds are 15/30 and I get dealt KK. Now normally here I'd raise no question but the guy to my left has just all but busted out and only has 45 chips left and I'm certain he'll go all in if I limp, so I flat call and sure enough the guy to my left goes all in. There are 2 more callers before it comes back round to me. Now at this point I want to put in a substantial raise but there is no raise option, just fold or call. I call, the board comes something like Q 8 2 rainbow and I end up busting out to a set of 2's (yes I know I should have been able to lay my K's down when it looked like he hit something big but as I said I'm not looking for analysis of my play).

Anyway I raised this point in the chat box after I busted out and someone pointed out that as the all-in wasn't double my initial call I didn't have the option to re-raise. Can someone help me out here, I've been playing a couple of years mainly on the internet but some live play too and I've never come across this situation. Is this correct what the guy said and is it a standard rule across all sites and card rooms everywhere or do some apply it and some not?

On a broader point is there a set of rules anywhere that everyone abides by or has the game just evolved and people just follow what has come to be the accepted norm?

BigTomatoes

play your part

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 01:38:11 AM »

i think online because his all in is not a full raise then you arent allowed to re raise

this happened to me in a live game as well

utg limped in the button raised i flat called then utg re raised to 5000

i only had 7000 left so i went all in again after the button called

but utg then used this to re re raise the button all in too

i didnt think this was allowed but no one said anything

anyway he had KK and my AJ didnt improve and i was out

is it cold in his shadow ?
vinni

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 01:49:53 AM »

he didnt have enough chips to raise ,its got to be double the blind for you to reraise

i`v become cos`s bitch
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 01:51:03 AM »

the rule is depandant on where you play and live its the same

normally the raises needs to be greater than 50% of the orginal bet to reopen the betting for people who have already acted
but some places and sites need that to be 100%

but in each case you would not be able to reopen the betting as it was just 50% and not greater than 50%

its one of the rules i like to check out before i sit down in a live game as asking the questionin the middle of play gives away your hand

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: