blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:53:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Need Poker help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need Poker help  (Read 801 times)
stallyon

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2006, 10:31:54 AM »

Hi all,

I need some blonde advice and I hope you'll all help me out. One of my problems when playing MTTs is the finish. I know how to play a steady game and how to build stacks early on and play a solid game to make it to the final table but when it gets down to 3, 4, 5 left I would like some advice on playing hands when you get dealt garbage....in last nights VC P4C MTT the highest hand I had from 6 deals was 8-7 off, 8-4, 3-2, 2-2 all rubbish. Was I just dealt rubbish hands? should I have played these strong? should I have limped to see if I'd hit a flop? should I have re-raised each pot regardless of the rubbish I held?

I was chip leader when we were down to 4 and flopped a straight draw with an ace on the board and 2 diamonds. I had no flush draw but bet out like I had. I was 90% confident that my opponent had A-rag. The turn came another diamond. Oppo bet out so i re-raised him - had straight draw still and possible flush / flush draw on the table and he still called. River came as no help but still re-raised large hoping to push him off the pot be he still called showing an A2 hitting his 2 on the river to make 2 pair. I had lost 3/5 of my stack. I had played a tight solid game up until this point, protecting my stack, making sharp stabs at the pot where i could. Did I play the hand wrong? IMO I showed aggression and strength but still got called and lost.

Click to see full-size image.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 11:57:36 AM »

I dinnae see the point in the third stab at the pot after he's called your turn raise.

If the blinds will allow it, try not to commit too much of your stack in any one pot (on a bloof)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 11:59:44 AM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: