blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:03:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Advice please
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Advice please  (Read 2220 times)
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2006, 10:52:29 PM »

I'd love to see some of the stt's i've played back with hole cards...Though I think it'd be a cringeworthy at times!

4dam

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2006, 01:06:26 AM »

ul m8 i think in this postion u only have two options push or fold
Highstack

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2006, 10:51:07 AM »

@ LPG; I always understood that it became a dead card when that happens, but not the next card dealt as you suggested. I thought the rule was third card from the bottom? Perhaps TK can confirm?

Ok back to the original post:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, so I apologise for aftertiming (particularly as you have already said what happened).

Anyway imo its a standard pass. The question to ask yourself is what am I actually beating that utg can rasie with? You have already admitted that you know little of this player and tried to put him on a range of hands. All this is correct, but you have failed to act upon your thoughts and you have looked for a reason to call rather than a reason to pass.

I would have possibly gone broke on TT in an unraised pot, but with a raise and a call before you, there is no way you can be a mile in front.

I would guess that the only utg raises you are beating are AK and possibly (although I don't like it) 99. That range is too limited to put your tournament on the line when you have played solidly. There will be much better spots, however I do understand that it is hard not to get involved if you have been card dead and are short stacked, but at risk of repeating myself on every thread, get em in first and get em in on your terms.

4dam

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2006, 06:06:45 PM »

yes high stack i agree with what you are saying but the standard is do bad gala leeds. Players do that sort of raise with pocket 33 thats what makes it more tempting to call.

as for the card being shown its a dead card. it becomes 1st burn card
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2006, 12:09:53 AM »

yes high stack i agree with what you are saying but the standard is do bad gala leeds. Players do that sort of raise with pocket 33 thats what makes it more tempting to call.

Lol yes... I think i had all pocket pairs and all ace rags in my attempted to warrent making the call!

Highstack

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2006, 02:12:12 AM »

I take your point and I used to think it was the first burnt card, but what happens if the dealer misdeals twice? You are now interferingf with the flop and as I understood it third card from the bottom was correct. Not preaching, just the bestof my knowledge (Tikay?) Thx.! Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: