blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 06:25:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 676 677 [678] 679 680 681 682 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6358560 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10155 on: November 05, 2008, 12:07:54 AM »

"You do have made a Will Mr Kendall, yes?".

Not entirely sure what point he was making, but I have had a lot of late nights recently.

Can I have the house if I promise to look after the cat?

The older I get, the better I was.
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #10156 on: November 05, 2008, 12:09:42 AM »

Not entirely sure what point he was making, but I have had a lot of late nights recently.

you need a house, like a fish needs a bicycle.

(and I mean that in the nicest possible way)

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10157 on: November 05, 2008, 12:10:49 AM »

Too late - the Cat gets the lot at the moment. Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10158 on: November 05, 2008, 12:19:23 AM »

I'm really pleased with the blonde Staking Boards, they've been terrific.

I've never been a Staker, except with special friends, privately, but the Staking threads have been great community-builders, & I'm delighted.

I've taken a few Stakes because of it, usually under-the-radar, & made a huge % return. Very nice.

I logged onto blonde tonight, & saw Tom had put up a Staking Thread for the Blackpool £1,000 GUKPT, but I was too late, & Posted accordingly.

But then he offered some more, a sort of mini-package for the £300 & £500 Side-Events, so I grabbed 15% (I think) of that. I think he's seriously good value in these Events.

But then it got complicated. My good friend, & blonde-serial-Staker (& fellow happy-chappie investor in Simon Trumper) Evil-Pie wrote to me.

To cut a long story short, he sold me half of his Red-Dog action in the £1,000 Event, & I have sold him half of my action in Red in the £300 & £500.

Heaven knows who owes what to whom. It'll get well complicated when Tom pays us out too - & I fully expect him to. I feel like Arsene Wenger did before the Spurs match - I can't lose. Can I?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10159 on: November 05, 2008, 12:25:33 AM »

Sigh.... Boked again!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10160 on: November 05, 2008, 12:33:43 AM »

...but then it got even more complicated.

Tom rang, "why don't you play a few of the Blackpool Side-Events?" He knows I can't play the ME, I'm working, but this was tempting.

He suggested this Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday, all nice Events, & all affordable with, I assume, decent structures. No way Tom, too busy.

I looked at my Diary - it's just not do-able.

Tomorrow (Wednesday) - go see Maria, take earplugs (she nags shocking), then drive down to London, get a Hotel (in readiness for a Meet in London on Thursday), & do my PTP Shift on Wednesday night, which is a 5 hour online-a-thon.

Thursday - a Meet in London, then back home. Laundry & ironing, sigh.

Friday - drive across to The Marriott Hotel, Birmingham, in readiness for Saturday.

Saturday - SKUPT, The Broadway, a 16 hour shift in prospect, then back to the Marriott until they chuck me out at Midday on Sunday.

And that's it, a Telecon on Tuesday, & my Blog, apart, until Thursday.

Thursday I have a Show and a Pre-Record, Friday I do PTP, & Saturday I do another Show, straight after which I drive, up North, for a very exciting business engagement on the Sunday. Fingers crossed, that is.

So in fact, I'm free from Sunday until Thursday......

No, it makes no sense, that'd be a bad drive on Thursday, from Blackpool right down to London, it's too much.

The answer is obvious.

I will resist.

Oh bugger it. Blackpool here I come, whahoo! After booking out of The Birmingham Marriott on Sunday, I'll just head North, instead of East or South. Easy.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 12:35:54 AM by tikay » Logged

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10161 on: November 05, 2008, 12:35:46 AM »

YEEEEEHHAAAAAA!!!!

Smoking you a kipper as we speak....

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10162 on: November 05, 2008, 12:38:41 AM »

Come on Ralph!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10163 on: November 05, 2008, 12:43:26 AM »

Come on Ralph!

That's Ralph with the bobble-hat! Amazing likeness.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10164 on: November 05, 2008, 01:05:34 AM »

I played Luton's £50+£50+£50 last night.

It only cost me £100, as I never needed the Rebuy, thanks to the oddest of coups.

We began with 3,500, & I'd run it up to 5,5k early. The Table was typically awkward Luton, with bizarre plays everywhere, & I pretty much sit-out in these things until the idiots implode, as they mostly do.

I have Seb to my immediate right, messing about in every pot. He's a lovely lad, very engaging, but I'm afraid I don't agree with those who thinks he's a good player, I just can't see that for the life of me. He sort of plays Online Poker Live, & that just don't work - very often. Behind me, lurking, are Tom Myland, & Lalit. I can handle Lalit, but Tom is, well, unpredictable, & seems to target me with the oddest of plays.

Seb keeps nicking my Blinds. Here Seb, take them. It's 25-50, ffs!

We get to 50-100, & Seb, once again, raises it up in early Position - he Raises more hands UTG than any person I know. I don't think he understands position, truth to tell. Anyway, he makes it 800, at 50-100, unopened. How much? Lol.

Well, I have A-K, & if ever there was a time to shove, the most massive of Overbets, & get looked up by Seb with air, this was it. All-In I go, 5.5k, how do you like that sonny Jim?

And before my chips hit the felt, Tom Myland slams his 5.3k stack in the middle. Oops! Seb gets out of the way, & I'm left hoping Tom Myland has Queens or Jacks. In fact, he's made similar Calls against me in the past with A-3.

I flip my AK, Tom flips......yup, read him right.

J-7.

He's not, of course, that far behind, but my hand holds. Wow. That's some Call.

But I make a mistake later.

I have 10K, behind the count now, & make it 2,400 at 400-800 with J-J, leaving me about 7.5k, & I get re-popped All-In by a geezer who made a whopping call with 7-7 earlier.

I can get off this, & play myself back into it, but eventually make the Call - he had Kings, & that's that. Not a good Call, really.

Tighty was doing great, but I gather he hit a shocker later.

It's midnight, & a early night is in prospect, I have to drive back home, so that's 90 minutes, so no cash game for me. Definitely, NO CASH-GAME.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10165 on: November 05, 2008, 01:08:33 AM »

So how did the cash game go?

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10166 on: November 05, 2008, 01:14:19 AM »

the shareholder you met in london wasnt a large built guy of irish decendancy was he?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10167 on: November 05, 2008, 01:14:38 AM »

"It's midnight, & a early night is in prospect, I have to drive back home, so that's 90 minutes, so no cash game for me. Definitely, NO CASH-GAME."

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10168 on: November 05, 2008, 01:22:30 AM »

"It's midnight, & a early night is in prospect, I have to drive back home, so that's 90 minutes, so no cash game for me. Definitely, NO CASH-GAME."

Pfft!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10169 on: November 05, 2008, 01:23:02 AM »

the shareholder you met in london wasnt a large built guy of irish decendancy was he?

It's THIS Thursday Rick.

It's actually Denis O'Mahoney, who is blonde's largest (by % of Shares, not weight!) Shareholder.

He paid for his Shares, & put in a lot of work until taking a back-seat in February, so his interest in progress is entirely reasonable. But these Meets are never comfortable affairs, business is business, & Shareholders have a right to expect a return on their investment. So these meets with other Shareholders are not exactly things I look forward to, as the returns so far have been, err, "sparse".......

Tighty wll be with me, & he will have done all the prep work, thank goodness. Tighty is astoundingly good at running blonde.

Pages: 1 ... 674 675 676 677 [678] 679 680 681 682 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: