blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 13, 2024, 03:10:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272989 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 674 675 [676] 677 678 679 680 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6397630 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10125 on: October 31, 2008, 04:04:16 AM »

Ralph and I had similar problems on our flight home. We checked in online and were allocated separate seats. When we get to the airport a  frozen faced old minge on check in desk says "Sorry, flight full, nothing I can do"

Arguing with this bint is obv not going to work, so we resort to flattery and lies. 10 min later we are sitting together in the extra leg room seats.

You can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar.

So very true. Beats "now listen here" in-yer-face stuff every day.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10126 on: October 31, 2008, 04:14:54 AM »

Ralph and I had similar problems on our flight home. We checked in online and were allocated separate seats. When we get to the airport a  frozen faced old minge on check in desk says "Sorry, flight full, nothing I can do"

Arguing with this bint is obv not going to work, so we resort to flattery and lies. 10 min later we are sitting together in the extra leg room seats.

You must be better than us then. FWIW - When you check in online you could have chosen your seats. The problem we had was not being able to actually check in online.

If I could have got a word in edgeways I might have been able to tell him he has a nice arse or something.

LOL.

We tried to choose seats, it just allocated us separate ones. Huh?

Our girl was dark skinned, but her name badge said Gwyneth.

"Is that a Welsh name?"
"Why yes, it is" (Lucky guess)
Kerching!

<Whispers> "Er, I have a bladder problem and need to sit close to the aisle and the loos"
"I'll see what I can do"
Kerching!

« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 04:16:29 AM by RED-DOG » Logged

The older I get, the better I was.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10127 on: October 31, 2008, 09:06:05 AM »

I took it as a PM being sent without using the feature...to remind someone it's there and they need to use it.  At their earliest convenience of course.  But I could be wrong.

Nope, I've tried to decypher that and it still makes no sense.

First time I've ever seen "decipher" spelt that way. Must have changed since I was at school.

I think you'll find that the way you spell decypher has changed to decipher since you were at school, as decipher is the American spelling that is becoming more commonly used in British English. 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10128 on: October 31, 2008, 09:10:51 AM »

Please remember also my age - I won't get another job, after Sky, so I may as well give my all in this "last proper job". Things do look very different at my age, trust me!

Yes, blurred.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #10129 on: October 31, 2008, 12:58:10 PM »

while we're on planes, just seen that an air europa flight from glasgow has skidded off the runway in lanzarote and nearly ended up in the sea. a lot of lucky scots on that one

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #10130 on: October 31, 2008, 01:30:46 PM »

You must be better than us then. FWIW - When you check in online you could have chosen your seats. The problem we had was not being able to actually check in online.

If I could have got a word in edgeways I might have been able to tell him he has a nice arse or something.

LOL.

We tried to choose seats, it just allocated us separate ones. Huh?

Our girl was dark skinned, but her name badge said Gwyneth.

"Is that a Welsh name?"
"Why yes, it is" (Lucky guess)
Kerching!

<Whispers> "Er, I have a bladder problem and need to sit close to the aisle and the loos"
"I'll see what I can do"
Kerching!

was that Virgin ?

my brother in law had a funny experience after getting on the plane this year at Orlando going back to glasgow - someone was sitting in his seat. turns out there had been a screw up and two boarding passes for the same seat had been issued.

The cabin crew tried to get this guy to move (he was sitting beside my sister and their 6 month old baby). but he refused, cos it was a bulkhead seat, he had booked this seat online weeks before etc  etc. Eventually the stewardess said "fine", and apologised to my BIL, and said "you will need to come with me and I will seat you somewhere else. unfortunately the plane is virtually full, so the only spare seat I have is in upper class. I hope that will be ok for you". At this point the guy stood up and said "ah its ok, I think I will move", and was promptly told to sit on his arse as the seatbelt signs were on, and if he didnt he would be removed from the aircraft.

class.

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10131 on: October 31, 2008, 01:42:33 PM »

Excellent!

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10132 on: October 31, 2008, 02:24:10 PM »

Bet your sister was happy.

"Bye love - enjoy sitting with the baby and a random arsehole - I'm off to drink champagne and get pleasured by stewardesses." (which is what I would assume happens in upper class, considering the prices)
cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #10133 on: October 31, 2008, 02:57:15 PM »

Tikay in years gone by pre 9/11 i was allowed(B.A engineer)to take people on tours round the hangars at Hatton Cross,with full access to any of our aircraft Concorde included,you would have loved it seeing a 747 stripped down it's a great sight.However security now prevents this it's such a shame as i know someone like you with an apprecation of engineering would have enjoyed this.If this ever changes i will invite you down and when i get back from my holidays(HKG-staff travel FTW) i will get you some pictures of the airbus if you like.

shy bairns get nowt
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10134 on: October 31, 2008, 02:57:18 PM »

frozen faced old minge on check in desk

now you see, thats what's so great about your writing, you can just picture it everytime!

Grin

Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #10135 on: October 31, 2008, 02:58:52 PM »

Tikay in years gone by pre 9/11 i was allowed(B.A engineer)to take people on tours round the hangars at Hatton Cross,with full access to any of our aircraft Concorde included,you would have loved it seeing a 747 stripped down it's a great sight.However security now prevents this it's such a shame as i know someone like you with an apprecation of engineering would have enjoyed this.If this ever changes i will invite you down and when i get back from my holidays(HKG-staff travel FTW) i will get you some pictures of the airbus if you like.

I'm surprised he managed to take photos without being harassed by the police!

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10136 on: October 31, 2008, 03:09:03 PM »

frozen faced old minge on check in desk

now you see, thats what's so great about your writing, you can just picture it everytime!

Grin

Hahahah!

She had a face like the south end of a north bound horse.

mickyp

View Profile
« Reply #10137 on: October 31, 2008, 04:05:46 PM »

are you going to the APAT Euro in brighton

No, I am in Feltham on Saturday, see my previous Post.
No tikay or tighty  Cry .Is  Des flying solo. ?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10138 on: October 31, 2008, 05:37:50 PM »

are you going to the APAT Euro in brighton

No, I am in Feltham on Saturday, see my previous Post.
No tikay or tighty  Cry .Is  Des flying solo. ?

He is, yes.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10139 on: October 31, 2008, 06:00:04 PM »

Who'll go to the bar?

Pages: 1 ... 672 673 674 675 [676] 677 678 679 680 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: