blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 12:07:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272682 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 436 437 [438] 439 440 441 442 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6355377 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6555 on: June 22, 2008, 03:12:53 PM »

In fact, if you will excuse my petrol-head tendencies for a moment....these days new tracks are springing up all over the world..Bahrain, China etc etc and what do they all have in coming? yes boring layouts...you would think the developers would deliver some signature corners, some overtaking spots etc etc but no..all soul-less.

In the UK you've got Craner curves at Donington, Brands sweeping here and there, Thruxton, Snetterton  all superb to watch

Spa in Belgium is a wonder to behold as well

but the new tracks? slowly stifling the spectator side of the sport.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #6556 on: June 22, 2008, 03:31:44 PM »

In fact, if you will excuse my petrol-head tendencies for a moment....these days new tracks are springing up all over the world..Bahrain, China etc etc and what do they all have in coming? yes boring layouts...you would think the developers would deliver some signature corners, some overtaking spots etc etc but no..all soul-less.

In the UK you've got Craner curves at Donington, Brands sweeping here and there, Thruxton, Snetterton  all superb to watch

I love Donnington have been there twice for the bike racing and the corners are great. Almost everywhere you get a good view of possible action. Amazing how these guys come off, start running as they do so and walk away without a scratch.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6557 on: June 22, 2008, 03:32:11 PM »

Yup.

Spa may well be the best track in the world, both for drivers & sprectators. I cannot imagine Silverstone would rank in anyone's Top 20 Tracks. Even in Britain. Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6558 on: June 22, 2008, 03:36:34 PM »

I love Donnington have been there twice for the bike racing and the corners are great. Almost everywhere you get a good view of possible action. Amazing how these guys come off, start running as they do so and walk away without a scratch.

Absolutely. A (motor) Bike rider in a race drops it at 120 mph, slides across tarmac at 100mph on his arse, does six tumbles, & narrowly misses getting crushed by his cartwheeling bike - then rushes to try & get back on his beat-up bike! Meanwhile, a pro footballer get's a tap on the ankle, & does sixteen theatrical somersaults, buries his head in his hands, & cries out in mock agony. Until the "auto-carry-off" stretcher is beckoned, or the foul given. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #6559 on: June 22, 2008, 03:51:52 PM »

I can't imagine for a Second Bernie will bring F1 to Donnington. He says stuff to
motivate the BRDC.

Donnington is a good circuit, not for F1 though, exciting for Touring Cars but there
would be nowhere to overtake in an F1 car . They murdered the character of the track
putting that Melbourne loop on to give it a 2.6 Mile Lap.

I don't think the track is safe enough either. The only way is if they knock it down
and start again. Donnington may have a chance.

If it was suitable for the British G.P it would be there by now.

Regards

M
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6560 on: June 22, 2008, 03:55:04 PM »

I heard an amazing story from Nick "Redbull" Hicks last night.

As was reported on blonde, last Sunday, Nick (& Pete Linton & Steve Holden) all won seats to the Vegas Main Event in the 8,000+ runner 'Stars Vegas Super Sat.

But now it seems that Nick, while playing the 'Stars Super Sat, was also playing the PKR Vegas Main Event Super-Sat - & he won a Seat in that, too!

He's taken the cash package from 'Stars, as PKR, apparently, insist he takes the Seat.

What a star, & he has the game to cash big in Vegas I fancy. Let's hope so.

MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #6561 on: June 22, 2008, 04:08:13 PM »

This is about the old cars i've done an investigation

TEL 799H  morris half ton van    1600cc       01-06-70

SKV10J hilman husky                 900cc        16-10-70

FTF638F Austin                        1100cc       04-10-67

HPB287C Ford Corsair                1500cc        16-03-65

Regards

M
Redbull

View Profile
« Reply #6562 on: June 22, 2008, 04:11:09 PM »

Thanks Tikay. I'll do me best! If there's gonna to be "1 Time" let it be this one lol!

Whatever happens I'm gonna love the experience. 20k stack, 25/50 and a 2 hour clock!  
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #6563 on: June 22, 2008, 04:20:58 PM »

Thanks Tikay. I'll do me best! If there's gonna to be "1 Time" let it be this one lol!

Whatever happens I'm gonna love the experience. 20k stack, 25/50 and a 2 hour clock!  

GL Nik, it will start at 50/100 tho' Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Redbull

View Profile
« Reply #6564 on: June 22, 2008, 04:26:57 PM »

Good point. I'd better double up first hand then.  Grin
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #6565 on: June 22, 2008, 04:30:59 PM »

Well done mate - give em hell!

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6566 on: June 22, 2008, 04:39:44 PM »

Yup.

Spa may well be the best track in the world, both for drivers & sprectators. I cannot imagine Silverstone would rank in anyone's Top 20 Tracks. Even in Britain. Wink

The great thing about Spa is that it always seems to rain there, and Grand Prix are so much better in the wet.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6567 on: June 22, 2008, 05:01:30 PM »

Have you noticed the night's are drawing in, & it's getting dark earlier now?.......

Midsummers's Day has been & gone, Xmas Day is only 185 days away.

scottm

View Profile
« Reply #6568 on: June 22, 2008, 05:11:08 PM »

Have you noticed the night's are drawing in, & it's getting dark earlier now?.......

Midsummers's Day has been & gone, Xmas Day is only 185 days away.

Thanks Tikay !!!

My daughter was reading this over my shoulder and has started reeling off her Christmas list   
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #6569 on: June 22, 2008, 05:15:22 PM »

That reminds me, saw my first advert for Christmas 2008 yesterday.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 436 437 [438] 439 440 441 442 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: