blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:06:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Fantasy Premier League 2016/17
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Premier League 2016/17  (Read 76087 times)
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2016, 11:44:53 PM »

Free league (open to all) IN
£30 Classic league IN
£20 Head to Head league IN
£15 Last Man Standing IN

Thanks a mill for running again guys. I personally don't like H2H leagues but it's worth the £20 for the chance of a sweat come the business on of the season.

I've done my usual thing of filling my team full off EPL-unproven 'bargains' who will probably have to be transferred out at the speed of lightening.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2016, 12:13:40 AM »

Thanks for running again both. You guys deserve medals!

In for the £100, H2H, LMS & Free league.

Only query with only being in 1 classic league is it means less cup comps - enjoyed being in those for the additional sweats last year despite falling short in them all. Not sure if there's any way around this? We didn't actually have a cup in the £100 league either. Possible to run extra cups for each league? More admin :/

Guess it all dilutes the prize pool for the classics too so will leave it up to you guys but personally my vote would be to keep with last year's formula where anyone can enter the £100 as a standalone effective nonblonde league & for the blonde members only - max 2 classic league entries allowed. Loads of unique winners last year and personally didn't see anyone complaining that Gazza was dominating them all? Anyway - your call of course.

As mentioned last year, as one of the managers with decent returns, happy to also lump some back in for this year's added pot. Put me down for an extra £100 spread however you deem fit.

Finally, As also mentioned In last year's thread, please take this as comfirmation I will also fund a £50 spot prize at the end of the season for the highest single 'Gameweek Rank' (GR) of any team in any of the leagues (inc free/brags league) for an additional side game for us all where the lead could potentially change hands every week.

Now to pick a squad...

So you're putting in £150 extra? Very generous sir!
As regards the highest GW rank prize, you mean the highest RANKING in a GW as opposed to the highest individual SCORE in a GW (as these are likely to be two different winners)?

The committee are in discussions and we should have details coming soon on the final makeup Smiley

You're welcome.. I'll send the funds to Greg with my entry fees but happy to administer the spot prize bit. Should only take 30 mins to check all the teams at the end and I'll also try to keep tabs each week too and post here when the lead changes as think it'll be good to let someone know the buck is with them at that point in time etc.

Yes Ranking not score. Score would be dominated by the double gameweeks whereas highest GR could feasibly be won in any of the gameweeks right down to gw38 so think it'll be more fun to watch the lead change as the season progresses. Also believe it to be in the same regard in terms of prestige as highest gw score as although that is a feat, It basically comes down to your planning for double game weeks and a touch more luck imo. Happy to make it £40/£10 or £35/£15 actually for 1st and 2nd gw rank as also promotes spreading the winnings. Will let you guys decide that mix of the £50 when final details released.

R.e tandem and separate cups entry - in for those too if they go ahead and the rules permit.

Loving the spot prize idea but is there a danger we could get people who are out of contention giving this their only focus in the last few weeks and making 15 transfers to try and win it?  I think we would have to ensure all points hits are deducted from the gw score. Great idea if its done like that.
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2016, 12:17:42 AM »

Thanks for running again both. You guys deserve medals!

In for the £100, H2H, LMS & Free league.

Only query with only being in 1 classic league is it means less cup comps - enjoyed being in those for the additional sweats last year despite falling short in them all. Not sure if there's any way around this? We didn't actually have a cup in the £100 league either. Possible to run extra cups for each league? More admin :/

Guess it all dilutes the prize pool for the classics too so will leave it up to you guys but personally my vote would be to keep with last year's formula where anyone can enter the £100 as a standalone effective nonblonde league & for the blonde members only - max 2 classic league entries allowed. Loads of unique winners last year and personally didn't see anyone complaining that Gazza was dominating them all? Anyway - your call of course.

As mentioned last year, as one of the managers with decent returns, happy to also lump some back in for this year's added pot. Put me down for an extra £100 spread however you deem fit.

Finally, As also mentioned In last year's thread, please take this as comfirmation I will also fund a £50 spot prize at the end of the season for the highest single 'Gameweek Rank' (GR) of any team in any of the leagues (inc free/brags league) for an additional side game for us all where the lead could potentially change hands every week.

Now to pick a squad...

So you're putting in £150 extra? Very generous sir!
As regards the highest GW rank prize, you mean the highest RANKING in a GW as opposed to the highest individual SCORE in a GW (as these are likely to be two different winners)?

The committee are in discussions and we should have details coming soon on the final makeup Smiley

You're welcome.. I'll send the funds to Greg with my entry fees but happy to administer the spot prize bit. Should only take 30 mins to check all the teams at the end and I'll also try to keep tabs each week too and post here when the lead changes as think it'll be good to let someone know the buck is with them at that point in time etc.

Yes Ranking not score. Score would be dominated by the double gameweeks whereas highest GR could feasibly be won in any of the gameweeks right down to gw38 so think it'll be more fun to watch the lead change as the season progresses. Also believe it to be in the same regard in terms of prestige as highest gw score as although that is a feat, It basically comes down to your planning for double game weeks and a touch more luck imo. Happy to make it £40/£10 or £35/£15 actually for 1st and 2nd gw rank as also promotes spreading the winnings. Will let you guys decide that mix of the £50 when final details released.

R.e tandem and separate cups entry - in for those too if they go ahead and the rules permit.

Loving the spot prize idea but is there a danger we could get people who are out of contention giving this their only focus in the last few weeks and making 15 transfers to try and win it?  I think we would have to ensure all points hits are deducted from the gw score. Great idea if its done like that.

But I like it for just that reason!
If people are out of contention, they give up. Now there is a reason not to. You can have a chance every week to snag the £50 on offer. The aim is to keep people interested till the end and I think it's a cracking idea.

Okay people, thanks for waiting. Myself and Greg have conferred and the format is coming up very shortly.

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2016, 12:22:36 AM »

As RobM is paying, he can decide on the exact rules. I can see both sides of the argument to be fair.

Rob - just let us know how you wanna award the RobM "1 week wonder" trophy.
RobM

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2016, 12:44:08 AM »

As RobM is paying, he can decide on the exact rules. I can see both sides of the argument to be fair.

Rob - just let us know how you wanna award the RobM "1 week wonder" trophy.

Haha catchy name!

I hadn't really considered that element. Not sure many people will chase transfers especially if in other work/friend leagues too etc. I'd like to hope honour will prevail lol. No guarantee that this tactic would make them the 1 week wonder either, just swings the percentages. Let's give it a go. It's gotta be £50 up top too if we're marketing it with this name. Smiley
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2016, 12:58:03 AM »

Ok here we go.
We are offering 7 delights for your delectation.

Blonde members only (over 3 months and over 30 posts)

1. Free League
Open to all Blonde members and there will be a £20 prize for the winner and £10 for 2nd place. These prizes are strictly for players that haven't won a prize in the pay leagues.
2. £10 Classic
Open to all Blonde members but you can only play one of the £10 or the £50 leagues, you can't play both.
3. £50 Classic
Open to all Blonde members but you can only play one of the £10 or the £50 leagues, you can't play both.
The reason you can only play one or the other is to protect the less experienced players from the 'sharks' who want to hoover up all the cash!

Open to all, Blondes and Non Blondes.

4. £20 H2H
Open to all comers. The H2H format lends to more variance so outside 'sharks' aren't particularly favoured.
5. £30 Cups package
Open to all comers. Again the cups have a lot of variance. There will be a Champions League (£15), an FA Cup (£10) and a League Cup (£5). No, you can't just enter the League Cup! All or none.
6. £20 Last Man Standing.
Open to all comers. As it says. The lowest scoring player in the league is eliminated every week until you have the last man standing.
7. £100 Classic
Open to all comers. I think we had 10 runners last year and that was with a couple of outsiders. It needs to be open to get the numbers.

There will be extra cash added with RobM adding £150 and I'll probably throw in £50. £50 will be paid to the player that gets the highest 1 week GW ranking. £30 will go to the free league and we'll come up something for the rest.

If you're interested, send Greg (JuniorSenior) a pm with what leagues you want to play and he'll send you the codes.
Greg can take Stars or a bank transfer. If needs be, I can take Paypal.

Gazza

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2016, 02:16:39 PM »

Sounds great guys.  In for the £50 league and all the open leagues/cups.  Also in for a tandem league, if there's enough interest.  I'll add £50 to the prize pool at the discretion of the administrators (less than RobM I know, but I did add £50 to the Euros league as well Wink )
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2016, 05:54:20 PM »

£10 classic please

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2016, 08:32:18 PM »

Getting lots of Pm's which I will reply to in the week when I get a moment.

For those asking, my bank details are the same as the last few years and my stars name is thecharge (fiery red bull avatar).

All funds have to be received in any of my accounts prior to kick off.

I will email out league codes ASAP but might not be until weekend.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2016, 09:23:16 PM »

Meant to say, if sending on stars please send in POUNDS.
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2016, 01:38:04 AM »

Sounds great guys.  In for the £50 league and all the open leagues/cups.  Also in for a tandem league, if there's enough interest.  I'll add £50 to the prize pool at the discretion of the administrators (less than RobM I know, but I did add £50 to the Euros league as well Wink )

Ah here, can people stop adding overlays, there will be no need for entry fees if this keeps up!
Joking, very much appreciated Gazza.
I think it would be best if all the added money benefits Blonde Members exclusively, possibly with the exception of the £50 One Week Wonder Cup (highest individual GW rank)?
So I suggest the money be spread around the Free League, the £10 League and the £50 League.
As regards the Tandem League, we probably already have enough comps so I think we'll leave that for now. We might trial it (a 6 week league) later in the season, when some peoples interest is waning.
Killer River

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2016, 08:04:14 PM »

Nice one junior and dazzler for running this comp again looking really good with the amount of variation in leagues and cups to keep people interested for longer. Also a very nice donation from rob m and gazza, that's very generous of you both.

IN £50 classic league
IN £30 cup package
IN £20 H2H

Will send the funds later this week

Cheers

but the fact you chose "disney songs on youtube" over HEM and then lost 12 bis when you know you should lose 4 maximum just shows a massive sign of disrespect
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2016, 08:25:51 AM »

All.

Please do not send money on stars.  I hardly play there any more and have been told you have to play through your balance a few times before withdrawing so do not want a lot of money on there. Please only send by bank.

Greg
Gazza

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2016, 02:59:17 PM »

Ok here we go.
We are offering 7 delights for your delectation.

Blonde members only (over 3 months and over 30 posts)

1. Free League
Open to all Blonde members and there will be a £20 prize for the winner and £10 for 2nd place. These prizes are strictly for players that haven't won a prize in the pay leagues.
2. £10 Classic
3. £50 Classic
The reason you can only play one or the other is to protect the less experienced players from the 'sharks' who want to hoover up all the cash!

Open to all, Blondes and Non Blondes.

4. £20 H2H
Open to all comers. The H2H format lends to more variance so outside 'sharks' aren't particularly favoured.
5. £30 Cups package
Open to all comers. Again the cups have a lot of variance. There will be a Champions League (£15), an FA Cup (£10) and a League Cup (£5). No, you can't just enter the League Cup! All or none.
6. £20 Last Man Standing.
Open to all comers. As it says. The lowest scoring player in the league is eliminated every week until you have the last man standing.
7. £100 Classic
Open to all comers. I think we had 10 runners last year and that was with a couple of outsiders. It needs to be open to get the numbers.

There will be extra cash added with RobM adding £150 and I'll probably throw in £50. £50 will be paid to the player that gets the highest 1 week GW ranking. £30 will go to the free league and we'll come up something for the rest.

If you're interested, send Greg (JuniorSenior) a pm with what leagues you want to play and he'll send you the codes.
Greg can take Stars or a bank transfer. If needs be, I can take Paypal.

Might want to make this the first post in this thread, when you have a chance.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2016, 03:46:12 PM »

Good idea!
Any mods about?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: