blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 05:51:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272682 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Live £1/£2 cash hand
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live £1/£2 cash hand  (Read 8554 times)
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2009, 03:08:37 AM »

Couple of points - not sure if they've been mentioned.

Calling the 3 bet preflop is really bad and just bleeding £.  You may have the implied odds vs Simon, but the BTN and CO are both short and are going to be getting it in on the flop a lot and you don't have the implied odds vs them.

I think not betting the flops really bad... Lots of turns hit gutshots and OESD that don't bet flop cos multi way not to forget oversets.  Also betting the flop gives us the initiative for the turn where we can just bet bet bet vs Simon (and others)

Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2009, 03:12:03 AM »

As played would flat turn cos doubt he really goes broke or calls with much that we have beat if we raise turn.  Bet small on river is good cos his range is fairly weak at this point.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2009, 03:29:10 AM »

disagree. In live cash calling the 3-bet is fine this deep.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2009, 07:46:30 AM »

I fold pre. You have two stacks behind you who could feasibly shove preflop but they are also too shallow to play a pot with when we hold 55 imo. If you do call pre then I wouldn't rely on the other two to build your pot for you so just bet the flop yourself vs Simon.

Christopher Brammer
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2009, 11:45:45 AM »

100% - folding is a leak

Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2009, 05:46:28 PM »

You guys realise that basically the nut situation came up and we only barely won the amount required from our preflop play... The CO/BTN just jams it in pre a fair amount (we burn £25 when this happens), even if we flop a set vs QQ+ he can still hit his 2 outs, if he has QQ he's gonna get away if a A/K flops (like 50% of the time), KK 25% etc.

Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2009, 11:21:18 AM »

100% - folding is a leak

+1
Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2009, 12:04:27 PM »

Also, donk out the flop something small as though you are trying to see where you stand £20 or something a 'gay bet' as its called.. if you are going for a check-raise it looks too strong imo, flop is so dry worst you are repping is like J10 and Simon must be good enough to pass Aces in a multiway pot like this. But if you are planning to check call its fine, but at least raise the turn.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 12:07:04 PM by Cottonbud » Logged
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2009, 01:38:40 PM »

Also, donk out the flop something small as though you are trying to see where you stand £20 or something a 'gay bet' as its called.. if you are going for a check-raise it looks too strong imo, flop is so dry worst you are repping is like J10 and Simon must be good enough to pass Aces in a multiway pot like this. But if you are planning to check call its fine, but at least raise the turn.

Ive already said i checked the flop as im expecting this is a board a shorty would connect with and build the pot with me effectivley being in position.

Cottonbud, I was two to your left in the GUKPT ME in Blackpool the other week (nice result btw) Was the guy who had KQ in that 3 way all in with u having AK and the other bloke JJ...obv u hit the miracle gutterball to stay in....the swings of tourny poker!

Although from that day i would expect u think i am the biggest rock on the face of the earth from playing about 1 hand per level ive never been so card dead ion my m'fecking life!

My image at DTD could be described as 'loose' so to speak, and tbh Simon prob aint folding aces against me for toffee! lol

Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2009, 03:03:09 PM »

Ive already said i checked the flop as im expecting this is a board a shorty would connect with and build the pot with me effectivley being in position.

Cottonbud, I was two to your left in the GUKPT ME in Blackpool the other week (nice result btw) Was the guy who had KQ in that 3 way all in with u having AK and the other bloke JJ...obv u hit the miracle gutterball to stay in....the swings of tourny poker!

Although from that day i would expect u think i am the biggest rock on the face of the earth from playing about 1 hand per level ive never been so card dead ion my m'fecking life!

My image at DTD could be described as 'loose' so to speak, and tbh Simon prob aint folding aces against me for toffee! lol

Ah Hello Smiley! Yeah but are you check-calling the shove or re-raising the shove? I think its fine if you are check-calling? Yeah that was my standard pot that everyone has in a torny when you need to get there, my only one suprisingly whole comp!

I didn't think you were that tight else I wouldn't of 4-bet you Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 03:05:21 PM by Cottonbud » Logged
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2009, 05:10:59 PM »

Ah Hello Smiley! Yeah but are you check-calling the shove or re-raising the shove? I think its fine if you are check-calling? Yeah that was my standard pot that everyone has in a torny when you need to get there, my only one suprisingly whole comp!

I didn't think you were that tight else I wouldn't of 4-bet you Cheesy

Probably calling if the bigger of the 2 stacks shove and raising if its the smallest stack. If Simon only flats in the middle and I raise he could easily see that as me trying to protect a TPTK type of hand against a possible draw that he holds. Anyway, think this hand has been analysed enough now. Each decision on every street is pretty dependant in what your putting Simon on imo.

Oh n the hand u 4 bet me on I had absolute rags but thort i could get it through on my golden image... obviously not to be    U playing the Monte Carlo @ DTD? Will pop over n say hello.

Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2009, 05:52:27 PM »

Yeah I knew you were aware of your own image, afterall you wore a cap too Wink sign of an internet player lol. Yeah mate definately I'll be there, see you then for a drink or 2! Cheesy
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2009, 06:30:03 PM »

Yeah I knew you were aware of your own image, afterall you wore a cap too Wink sign of someone with ginger hair lol. Yeah mate definately I'll be there, see you then for a drink or 2! Cheesy

fyp
Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2009, 06:35:42 PM »

Yeah I knew you were aware of your own image, afterall you wore a cap too Wink sign of someone with ginger hair lol. Yeah mate definately I'll be there, see you then for a drink or 2! Cheesy

fyp

hahahaha! Shocked I'm a blonde Neil ( Blondes have more fun apparently ask Tikay), there is some1 else called James Williams who actually has that colour hair tho dont get us mixed up again ffs! My facebook was covered with GL on Luton GUKPT Final table, I was like this is amazing I do better in tournaments when I don't actually enter or turn up, Final table without entering or paying a dime sick life!
Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2009, 06:53:38 PM »

You? And card dead? Wow! Lol...

Nice score and unlucky about yesterday mate....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: