blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:57:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1553 1554 1555 1556 [1557] 1558 1559 1560 1561 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6359192 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23340 on: October 25, 2011, 01:13:48 PM »

I never know if to start at the bottom of this pile, & answer the questions & comments, or Post the backlog of new stuff I want to write.

Decisions decisions...

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23341 on: October 25, 2011, 01:14:47 PM »

It would appear that you need some instruction in the art of groping if you only got as unseemly as Luton.

I can think of few better places to grope than Beds.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23342 on: October 25, 2011, 01:42:10 PM »

Can we get cliffs on how you busted the 220 tikay, I am still in shock that you were out so early, Scotty77 busting I can understand but you, was it quads under quintiples?

Marv, my extremely early exit even got a mention on the TV Show, wonderful.....

First, the excuses. I was not in the mood for poker, I was having one of my rare rest days, & I had a kip in the afternoon, & at 6.40, logged on to see how many runners the Sunday Roller had. It's an £8k Guarantee, & so needs 40. It's sort of my job to large up & spam these things, & I had had a lazy Sunday, refusing to do any Social-media stuff. I should mention that a timely & targeted S-M burst can increase the Runners in such a Tourney by up to 20%. This Tourney covers it's Guarantee every week, with a goodly bit to spare, so I was relaxed about it. Too relaxed, it transpired.... 

To my horror, with 15 mins to go, it only had 32 runners. Even allowing for last minute regs, it looked like a close run thing. In a ridiculous attempt to ease my conscience for failing to do my job properly, I decided to register myself.

So, there's the excuses out of the way.

Anyways....I have 2 distinct playing styles, one, when doing PTP etc, is to maximise table time. The other, but only ever on my own money, is to play all silly. Both are profitable for me, but only for relatively small numbers.

So, we get started, 5,000 chips & a 15 min clock, lovely.

Kid to my right is a bit busy early, too busy imo, but never shows a single hand, everyone folds to his serial overbets. More excuses than enough here already, eh?

He opens with a 3xBB raise, I ISO him with position. I have

The flop was an interesting  three diamonds

He bets, I raise him again, he flats. He has not got the Flush, of that I'm quite sure. Pure guess of course, though I'm supposed to say "I put him on x-x". In reality, I don't have a clue what he has, but I think he's way too busy.

The turn card sort of sealed the deal.

So,  three diamonds

Now the chips start flying. Guess I should have put him on  before I jammed on his bet.

The elusive diamond failed to river, & I'm down to a few hundred chips, soon to disappear.

More long-winded than a Simon Templar TR, more excuses than a Sicilian TR.

Quite painful for a bankroll nit like me, too, £220. I'd made a profit of just shy of £1k last week on Sky Poker, & when I make a few bob, I tend to nail it to the floor. In some ways, £220 is nothing, it's barely a dent on my balance, but I was pretty annoyed with myself for tangling with a marginal hand & situation so early & blowing £220 inefficiently.

That'll teach you to ask me a simple question. Can we do some pylon questions?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 01:45:15 PM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23343 on: October 25, 2011, 01:56:06 PM »

OK, 7.15, & I'm off to "work", it's my PTP evening next door tonight. Booked to play 5 Tourneys, 1 X £22, 3 x £2.20, & 1 x £1.10. Eat your heart out railtard.

I must be the only guy who plays £1k tourneys & £1.10 Tourneys in the same week, & enjoys them equally. AND I get paid for it. MBN.

Following on from that, I cashed for a meagre £106, for a profit on the night of about £80, barely enough for a tank of diesel. But I find it incredibly satisfying to book little profits most nights - sometimes only £10 or £20, but in the real world, as opposed to the insular world of poker & poker forums, that's real money to me. Do it 2 more nights, & I will have my £220 back......

I prefer to play some 50p-£1 Omaha first, just an hour or so, & try & nick a buy-in there, which is enough to make the evening's Tourneys effectively a freeroll. Watch yer back, Dave Nicholson.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #23344 on: October 25, 2011, 03:17:31 PM »

It would appear that you need some instruction in the art of groping if you only got as unseemly as Luton.

I can think of few better places to grope than Beds.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #23345 on: October 26, 2011, 09:25:36 AM »

do you remember playing me HU4rollz in Bristol about 4-5 years ago?

i thought you were god and told all my friends I had played against teekay.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #23346 on: October 26, 2011, 09:37:15 AM »

Lol. You may have been playing for your rollz but even bordy/trickett can't get the cash together to play tikay for rollz. Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23347 on: October 26, 2011, 02:42:48 PM »

Me? Heads up? For rollz? Think I've played (Live) Heads-Up twice in my life, but no, I don't recall that I'm afraid.

How's the cash grinding on Sky Poker going? 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 02:47:40 PM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23348 on: October 26, 2011, 02:47:12 PM »

The M25.

Everyone moans about it, I rarely hear a good word about it, but it's a thing of beauty, & whilst I can remember life before it, I can't imagine life without it now.

The new, widened, sections, are an absolute marvel of road engineering. The concrete crash barriers alone are worth their weight in gold, with the old Armco "metal" crash barriers, the two outside lanes had to be snap-closed every single time the barrier was hit, now that's a thing of the past. At night, when it's empty, it's an abso pleasure to drive on, & admire.

Happy 25th Birthday, M25.

http://t.co/uyg4idJx

« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 03:22:23 PM by tikay » Logged

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23349 on: October 26, 2011, 02:48:54 PM »

Me? Heads up? For rollz? Think I've played (Live) Heads-Up twice in my life, so no, I don't recall that I'm afraid.

You were part of the winning HU team at one of the bashes. Excellent team-captain if I remember rightly.

On a different topic, have you caught the first two in the 'Origins of Us' series on BBC2 (and HD)?  Great documentaries (and I know Robert particularly likes the presenter), the second one is on iplayer now (not sure if you can get the 1st one on there now as well or not?)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b013gmh1/broadcasts/upcoming

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23350 on: October 26, 2011, 02:50:21 PM »

Me? Heads up? For rollz? Think I've played (Live) Heads-Up twice in my life, but no, I don't recall that I'm afraid.

I think Ironside recalls one of the heads-up matches you played.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23351 on: October 26, 2011, 02:53:02 PM »

Being tolerant of others - & they of us - is not always easy, but I try very hard these days, & I'm getting better.

But one young lady, not in my "department", or even at Sky Poker, but a member of "Sky Creative" (all very "precious", these TV & creative types....) drives me to the very limits. I'm hanging in there, I don't say a word, but she's really getting into my head now.

When she makes a 'phone call, she does that voice up & down thing, as if she is singing. Why do so many girls do that? But it's nothing really, we all have odd ways.

But when she ends the call, I have to leave the room, because every call ends with the same words, & honestly, I cringe.

"Love you long time, love you long time"

Jeez, no wonder I'm single, that would do my head in.

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #23352 on: October 26, 2011, 02:56:54 PM »

Does she look like this?

Click to see full-size image.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23353 on: October 26, 2011, 02:59:53 PM »

Me? Heads up? For rollz? Think I've played (Live) Heads-Up twice in my life, so no, I don't recall that I'm afraid.

You were part of the winning HU team at one of the bashes. Excellent team-captain if I remember rightly.

On a different topic, have you caught the first two in the 'Origins of Us' series on BBC2 (and HD)?  Great documentaries (and I know Robert particularly likes the presenter), the second one is on iplayer now (not sure if you can get the 1st one on there now as well or not?)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b013gmh1/broadcasts/upcoming

Yup, I vividly recall it, too. The lad from Bristol - Matt somebody, owned a small poker skin, used to get very loud when drunk, which was always -  called Boshi a c**t", because he sucked out on him.  I asked him to cool it, so the whole of the Bristol & South West Poker Forum got heavy with me.

We won the Event, & I still have the Trophy somewhere, or I did until the house disaster last Xmas, after which it probably got thrown out with everything else.

The only other"Live" Heads Up game I can recall playing was at Blackpool, in the 1st round v "Nice Dave" I think, I flopped a set of kings which I played nice & slow, & he rivered a flush, so I busted very first hand. I think that would be in about 2004.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23354 on: October 26, 2011, 03:01:38 PM »

Does she look like this?

Click to see full-size image.

Please! Keep that stuff for the kids diaries, please. Show me a modern aluminium motorway gantry & I'm interested, though.

Pages: 1 ... 1553 1554 1555 1556 [1557] 1558 1559 1560 1561 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: