blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 01:42:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272679 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 680 681 682 683 [684] 685 686 687 688 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1290536 times)
kp24

View Profile
« Reply #10245 on: August 31, 2015, 12:23:32 AM »

The awful defending was the most worrying element of that display showing the frailties of last season only borini left to shift on before deadline day
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10246 on: September 07, 2015, 10:56:04 AM »

On another thread, Jim McShane (77Dave) complained that this thread had died due to Argue trolling, & wrote....

Ask people such as the baron kinboshi MC booder that aren't posting in the thread anymore

Well Argue last posted on here on 19th July. (And it was not a dig post). Not one post since by him.

You say these guys  - & yourself - stopped posting because of him. Here are the facts.

77dave - since Argue last posted on this thread, you have posted 5 times on here

Kinboshi - since Argue last posted on this thread, he has posted 6 times on here.

Booder- since Argue last posted on this thread, he has posted 4 times on here.

MC - Not posted anywhere on blonde since June 19th, & his last half a dozen posts were on poker threads.

Baron - you may be correct, but he has not posted anywhere on blonde for over 3 months. The majority of his posts at the time were on politics threads

So I think you are wrong. Just my view, but that's how I see it.

I think the real reason is because Liverpool are not having a great time of it right now. Football fans sing when they are winning - all of them. When Liverpool won the Premier League in 2013/14, this thread was buzzing, all day every day. Since then, not so much.

Argue was out of order, trolling/mischievous/having some sport? Yup, one of those.

I've attended over 1,000 football matches, but none in the last 10 years. My memories of football fans are quite clear - they all mock the opposition. Are you telling me that oppositions fans did not diss the likes of Suraez & Gerard every week? Of course they did. It's what football fans do. Everywhere.

You seen the Toon thread, where the supporters, Managers, players & Chairman all get dissed? When they do better, the posts will resume.

The Arsenal thread? It's rare to even see a nice post about Arsenal, especially Wenger, who has a Managerial record second to none. (Or, arguably, fourth to none).

What makes Liverpool fans so precious that we have to suck up to them?

Anyway, I believe the facts suggest - as stated above - that Argue's noise is not the problem here.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 11:25:31 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10247 on: September 07, 2015, 10:58:08 AM »

Official Correction

I wrote......

"When Liverpool won the Premier League in 2013/14....."

I now realise that they were runners up, not winners. I just had it in my mind all season that they were nailed on to win.

Apologies for the rub. Ish.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10248 on: September 07, 2015, 11:06:20 AM »

Here's a love story, to kick-start the thread.

This takes a bit of reading, bit it's a beautifully written tale of John W Henry, & the Liverpool FC First Lady.

Liverpool fans maybe know the story anyway, but it is so well written. I was watching Liverpool on TV a week or two ago, spotted her, she really caught my eye as someone with zing & oomph, & so I went googling.

And I unearthed this gem.

It'll take 10 mins to read, but it's worth it.

This is what happens on the other side of the street when you fall in love.

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/2009/04/the-owner-takes-a-wife/

Click to see full-size image.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10249 on: September 07, 2015, 12:00:51 PM »

Official Correction

I wrote......

I now realise that they were runners up, not winners. I just had it in my mind all season that they were nailed on to win.

top notch trolling tikay A+

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #10250 on: September 07, 2015, 12:16:43 PM »

Official Correction

I wrote......

Just ouch!

Carpe Diem
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #10251 on: September 07, 2015, 12:20:10 PM »

I sort of stopped because of one such poster, but totally agree it is so much easier to post and talk when things are going well, which is in itself wrong.  Posting thoughts when losing or not playing well seems to be harder, without coming across as purely moaning or slating the team we all love.

I will make a point of posting more on this thread, as it is only right to do so, as I did post more during 13/14. 

After all it is a journey we are on for our lifetimes, and inevitable it'll be full of bumps and bruises along the way - It would be nice for those bumps to start to flatten out mind!!

Carpe Diem
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10252 on: September 07, 2015, 12:24:21 PM »

i know it is too early to tell how it will work out but what are initial impressions of the new signings and what improvements they bring to the team?

clyne?

firminio?

benteke?

milner?

Ings?

Gomez looks a real find and a snip at £3.5m yes?

big game this weekend at Old Trafford....your expectation would be?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10253 on: September 07, 2015, 12:26:29 PM »

I sort of stopped because of one such poster, but totally agree it is so much easier to post and talk when things are going well, which is in itself wrong.  Posting thoughts when losing or not playing well seems to be harder, without coming across as purely moaning or slating the team we all love.

I will make a point of posting more on this thread, as it is only right to do so, as I did post more during 13/14.  

After all it is a journey we are on for our lifetimes, and inevitable it'll be full of bumps and bruises along the way - It would be nice for those bumps to start to flatten out mind!!

Agree with all that - it's the same with poker.

Anyway, thank you.

Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #10254 on: September 07, 2015, 12:30:43 PM »

On such a note - I can't get my head around the loaning of Markovic to Turkey!

We spent £20m on him in the summer of 2014 during his 19 appearances not seemingly living up to the hype of being (at the time) the biggest talent in Europe.

So a decision was made he needed game time, and a few quotes from Rodgers, stating this move would aid his development and he remained hopeful that he would still fulfil his potential etc etc.

I get the game-time aspect, but aid his development I don't.  He has moved to a new team, new league and new country.  Now if we are to assume one of the factors in his quite start to his English career, was the very fact of having a new country, and settling into it (which would be understandable), why ship him to another new country given that he is only 21yrs old.  How will that help his career at Liverpool?

Turkey is a slower paced game than the Prem too, so can't see how that will help him develop, when we could have loaned him to another prem on Championship side.  That way, same country, same league, and he can get used to the pace of the english game much quicker and adapt to the environment we want him to play in in the future for us.

Carpe Diem
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #10255 on: September 07, 2015, 12:34:15 PM »

Anyone know why the units game is an evening kick off?

5:30 on a Saturday seems to be asking for trouble!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #10256 on: September 07, 2015, 12:35:24 PM »

On such a note - I can't get my head around the loaning of Markovic to Turkey!

We spent £20m on him in the summer of 2014 during his 19 appearances not seemingly living up to the hype of being (at the time) the biggest talent in Europe.

So a decision was made he needed game time, and a few quotes from Rodgers, stating this move would aid his development and he remained hopeful that he would still fulfil his potential etc etc.

I get the game-time aspect, but aid his development I don't.  He has moved to a new team, new league and new country.  Now if we are to assume one of the factors in his quite start to his English career, was the very fact of having a new country, and settling into it (which would be understandable), why ship him to another new country given that he is only 21yrs old.  How will that help his career at Liverpool?

Turkey is a slower paced game than the Prem too, so can't see how that will help him develop, when we could have loaned him to another prem on Championship side.  That way, same country, same league, and he can get used to the pace of the english game much quicker and adapt to the environment we want him to play in in the future for us.

Watford were keen on him on loan and would have been a good move to keep him in Premier League at a team where he will start each week.  Not sure why that fell through - we ended up with the Columbian Ibarbo instead but suspect Markovic was first choice.
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #10257 on: September 07, 2015, 12:41:19 PM »

i know it is too early to tell how it will work out but what are initial impressions of the new signings and what improvements they bring to the team?

clyne?

firminio?

benteke?

milner?

Ings?

My views -

clyne - Playing like I hoped he would, will be a success I'm sure.  7/10 start of season
He'll bring better defensive qualities, and a good attacking edge too

firminio - Not really had a chance to impress, touch looks heavy and clearly doesn't track back enough, or look to want too.   Never heard of him before we signed him.  From what I've seen thus far.  4/10.
hopefully, in time, will provide an alternative flair when Courtinho doesn't provide it

benteke - Too much money, but you got to pay it these days.  Decent start, works harder than I thought he did.  Not liking the more direct approach we seem to be applying though.  6/10.  Not sure why we don't play 2 up front now to get used to a system we'll play with when Sturridge gets back
as we've seen a different attacking option, with a target man as such.  holds the ball up superbly which will bring in Courtinho, Lallana and Sturidge into games a lot more

milner - works hard as expected.  As others have said, he'll never give you a 4/10, but never give you a 10/10.  6.5/10.
pure graft in the middle, and experience too. With hendo too, not many will have a better engine in the middle of the park.

Ings - Good English talent, but I think he'll end up another Lambert type.  Capital One/ Europa player - for which is he too good for, but not good enough to knock Sturridge or Benteke from the starting 11.  n.a/10
goals in the Capital and Europa cup I think is all we can expect.

Gomez  - £3.5m looks like arguable the buy of the summer transfer window.  Had a good pre-season by all accounts, so not a massive surprise he started.  Best performer of the signings by far.  8/10, especially when you consider he is a right-footed CB!
Better defence options at LB, but future CB for many years hopefully. Or this Satrurday if Rodgers was brave enough and get rid of and give up on Lovren!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 12:47:13 PM by Waz1892 » Logged

Carpe Diem
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10258 on: September 07, 2015, 12:42:35 PM »

I found this on a Liverpool fan site, previewing this Saturday's game....

1.   Romero flaps at balls more each match than the entire sea lion population of Knowsley Safari Park flap at fishes in an average day.
2.   Luke Shaw has lost 30 pound since joining the Mancs, and £30 sterling is the exact price Rooney supposedly paid for his first brass.
3.   Martial is so expensive, Ferguson could have bought three leagues for the same price.
4.   Dejan Lovren has completed more unsuccessful dribbles than a prostrate repair surgeon.
5.   Christmas Banned turkey’s head has connected with more balls than Elton John’s top lip.

Verdict

We’ll twat these wonga wasting c*nts.

The whole article - in similar vein - is here.....

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=322736.0

That's that sorted, then.....

Over to David & Bedi.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10259 on: September 07, 2015, 12:44:24 PM »

clyne?

firminio?

benteke?

milner?

Ings?

My views -

clyne - Playing like I hoped he would, will be a success I'm sure.  7/10 start of season

firminio - Not really had a chance to impress, touch looks heavy and clearly doesn't track back enough, or look to want too.   Never heard of him before we signed him.  From what I've seen thus far.  4/10.

benteke - Too much money, but you got to pay it these days.  Decent start, works harder than I thought he did.  Not liking the more direct approach we seem to be applying though.  6/10.  Not sure why we don't play 2 up front now to get used to a system we'll play with when Sturridge gets back

milner - works hard as expected.  As others have said, he'll never give you a 4/10, but never give you a 10/10.  6.5/10.

Ings - Good English talent, but I think he'll end up another Lambert type.  Capital One/ Europa player - for which is he too good for, but not good enough to knock Sturridge or Benteke from the starting 11.  n.a/10

Gomez  - £3.5m looks like arguable the buy of the summer transfer window.  Had a good pre-season by all accounts, so not a massive surprise he started.  Best performer of the signings by far.  8/10, especially when you consider he is a right-footed CB!

I'm not too up on football, but he looks incred to me, he has got some serious pace.

Pages: 1 ... 680 681 682 683 [684] 685 686 687 688 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: