blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 02:57:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 683 684 [685] 686 687 688 689 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1298405 times)
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #10260 on: September 07, 2015, 12:48:11 PM »

i know it is too early to tell how it will work out but what are initial impressions of the new signings and what improvements they bring to the team?

clyne?

firminio?

benteke?

milner?

Ings?

Gomez looks a real find and a snip at £3.5m yes?

big game this weekend at Old Trafford....your expectation would be?

My views -

clyne - Playing like I hoped he would, will be a success I'm sure.  7/10 start of season

firminio - Not really had a chance to impress, touch looks heavy and clearly doesn't track back enough, or look to want too.   Never heard of him before we signed him.  From what I've seen thus far.  4/10.

benteke - Too much money, but you got to pay it these days.  Decent start, works harder than I thought he did.  Not liking the more direct approach we seem to be applying though.  6/10.  Not sure why we don't play 2 up front now to get used to a system we'll play with when Sturridge gets back

milner - works hard as expected.  As others have said, he'll never give you a 4/10, but never give you a 10/10.  6.5/10.

Ings - Good English talent, but I think he'll end up another Lambert type.  Capital One/ Europa player - for which is he too good for, but not good enough to knock Sturridge or Benteke from the starting 11.  n.a/10

Gomez  - £3.5m looks like arguable the buy of the summer transfer window.  Had a good pre-season by all accounts, so not a massive surprise he started.  Best performer of the signings by far.  8/10, especially when you consider he is a right-footed CB!

I'm not too up on football, but he looks incred to me, he has got some serious pace.

huge pace, and he is built like one of those brick house things!

Carpe Diem
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #10261 on: September 07, 2015, 07:18:07 PM »

Same old to me, Rodgers been there years now and we have been terrible defensively ever since he been there. Guy just doesn't seem to know how to set up a decent defence imo.

Can't see Rodgers still being there at the end of the season
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #10262 on: September 07, 2015, 07:19:37 PM »

I think United and Liverpool are both in a similar position in that they both want to achieve a title win however throwing money at it isn't really the answer.

Not sure what is tho.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10263 on: September 07, 2015, 07:24:05 PM »

I think United and Liverpool are both in a similar position in that they both want to achieve a title win however throwing money at it isn't really the answer.

Not sure what is tho.

i don't think there is an answer

however much you spend, middle eastern money at man c is going to spend more, and eventually hoard more talent, whilst they own it

realistically for man u and liverpool, all about reaching the top 4 and the champions league for the forseeable future whilst there are two competitors treating their football clubs as trophy assets

once you include arsenal, thats one big team going to finish 5th/disappointed every year

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #10264 on: September 07, 2015, 07:26:52 PM »

Not sure what is tho.

however much you spend, middle eastern money at man c is going to spend more, and eventually hoard more talent, whilst they own it

realistically for man u and liverpool, all about reaching the top 4 and the champions league for the forseeable future whilst there are two competitors treating their football clubs as trophy assets

once you include arsenal, thats one big team going to finish 5th/disappointed every year

The problem is tho fans/chairman/owners don't seem to share that realistic view

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #10265 on: September 07, 2015, 07:40:13 PM »

Not sure what is tho.

It also assumes that England will keep getting 4 Champions League spots in future years which is not gtd given recent years performances.  The new EPL tv contracts you would think should correct that though in the next few years as their competitive advantage over other leagues will increase financially and they maintain 4 spots every year.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #10266 on: September 07, 2015, 07:43:54 PM »

Not sure what is tho.

Need to go for cups, Rodgers been very poor in picking decent teams for cup games. Winning things breeds confidence and experience of what it takes to win big games
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10267 on: September 07, 2015, 08:45:07 PM »

not sure my "realistic view" of the league and competitive balance isn't shared by fans of the relevant sides

what is success for liverpool this season, for their fans

5th?

4th?

6th is ok, or disappointing?

winning a cup would help a lot?

My eyes are open wide
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #10268 on: September 07, 2015, 09:18:02 PM »

Ha ask how any fans on this thread are happy with 5th

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10269 on: September 07, 2015, 09:19:25 PM »

Ha ask how any fans on this thread are happy with 5th

man c

chelsea/arsenal/man u

i was not intending to be rude, just giving some realistic options

4th-5th-6th is about right isn't it?

rodgers is sacked if they finish lower than 6th?

My eyes are open wide
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #10270 on: September 07, 2015, 09:23:15 PM »

Not sure what is tho.

Come on Tighty.  Man Utd aren't downtrodden plucky battlers.  They seem determined to spend more money than anybody.  4th place should be an abject failure for Van Gaal.  It's not the boards fault he falls out with his players.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #10271 on: September 07, 2015, 09:38:00 PM »

I think Rodgers sacked if they don't make top 4

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #10272 on: September 07, 2015, 10:18:07 PM »

If that's the case it's like sacking Watford boss if they don't make top 10.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #10273 on: September 07, 2015, 10:51:30 PM »

If that's the case it's like sacking Watford boss if they don't make top 10.

I don't agree with that analogy

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #10274 on: September 07, 2015, 10:52:07 PM »

And knowing how much Watford like to change their manager u might not be far off!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 683 684 [685] 686 687 688 689 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: