blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 05:47:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272711 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  standard of live poker is getting scary....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: standard of live poker is getting scary....  (Read 13924 times)
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2006, 11:29:08 PM »

Also do you want these calls in a festival event where when they hit , thats it ...goodnight vienna.

Thats the risk of tournaments. Festivals or not. Cant believe you stated that Kev >:?

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2006, 11:35:28 PM »

Also do you want these calls in a festival event where when they hit , thats it ...goodnight vienna.

Online you want them every time because when they do hit, you can join another game or re load and stack them ... at a festival event its more frustrating because you have paid all your expenses etc... only to have to face the long drive home mulling over a donk knocking you out of a comp.

One more thing that occurred to me last night while watching Nicks table was that Nick was playing and raising an awful lot of pots and I cant help thinking that his style of play loosens up a table greatly, So maybe ...just maybe .. its all your own fault Nick Cheesy

This must be some sort of in-joke. You wanna be called by Q-7 when you have AA ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, the bigger the comp the better.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2006, 11:36:19 PM »

what im trying to say craig is that it hurts more when you are playing a fessie event, because thats your lot.  we have both been to enough festivals to know how frustrated people get when they get kippered, what do they always say "At this level... how can they call at this level"    while I agree that you will take their chips more often than they get yours, it still hurts ... and thats where the frustration is evident in Nicks posts.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2006, 11:36:35 PM »

Online you want them every time because when they do hit, you can join another game or re load and stack them ... at a festival event its more frustrating because you have paid all your expenses etc... only to have to face the long drive home mulling over a donk knocking you out of a comp.

One more thing that occurred to me last night while watching Nicks table was that Nick was playing and raising an awful lot of pots and I cant help thinking that his style of play loosens up a table greatly, So maybe ...just maybe .. its all your own fault Nick Cheesy

This must be some sort of in-joke. You wanna be called by Q-7 when you have AA ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, the bigger the comp the better.

Maybe not in a sat....

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2006, 11:37:27 PM »

At a true donkarment is the best way to beat them not to wait till you've got a bigger edge post flop.

Limp in with everything and then bet the farm on the nuts. Or make a wee bet when you know everyone else in the pot has completely missed.

ie, if they truly are horrible poker players, shouldn't you be playing poker with them, instead of pre-flop bingo.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 11:39:11 PM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2006, 11:39:59 PM »

Wonder if theres a spare seat in the big game at the bellagio.

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
quantify

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2006, 11:51:24 PM »

your right and your wrong tony.

yes i ave had a run of terror suckouts, but i have explaind in the other thread , the problem is not the one q7 it is the amount of times it is happening , i dont mean just to me , last nght was scary on our fist table and yes there were some horrendous plays but im complaining whilst i was chip leader at the table from the the beggiining of the tourney  until they broke it .

lthat is not my beef , i cant beleive with the size of poker in the the uk we have to play under a pub mentality with such a broad range of skill sets , now before you  all jump at me , i dont think im anywhere near the top level of uk players but i willbe in 2/3 years and to get to that level i want to play and learn from better players. weel it just isnt happening because of the standards.

divisionalise skill levels let the best play with the best and uk poker will improve , we have good plyers .  but what are we learning under the current format , not a lot. 

of course i want callers with q7 against aa but it will never happen in a quality event AND A 1000 POUND BUY IN IN THE UK SHOULD BE A QUALITY EVENT .
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2006, 11:58:44 PM »

Why should a 1000 pound event have to be quality, the point about poker is that anyone can play it. This really is snobbery.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2006, 12:03:26 AM »

divisionalise skill levels

Turning people away because they're not good enough to play with you?

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
RobS

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2006, 12:07:27 AM »

Surely this is just a wind up.........
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2006, 12:08:00 AM »

your right and your wrong tony.

yes i ave had a run of terror suckouts, but i have explaind in the other thread , the problem is not the one q7 it is the amount of times it is happening , i dont mean just to me , last nght was scary on our fist table and yes there were some horrendous plays but im complaining whilst i was chip leader at the table from the the beggiining of the tourney  until they broke it .

lthat is not my beef , i cant beleive with the size of poker in the the uk we have to play under a pub mentality with such a broad range of skill sets , now before you  all jump at me , i dont think im anywhere near the top level of uk players but i willbe in 2/3 years and to get to that level i want to play and learn from better players. weel it just isnt happening because of the standards.

divisionalise skill levels let the best play with the best and uk poker will improve , we have good plyers .  but what are we learning under the current format , not a lot. 

of course i want callers with q7 against aa but it will never happen in a quality event AND A 1000 POUND BUY IN IN THE UK SHOULD BE A QUALITY EVENT .
Possibly the most bizzare post Ive ever read.

My Dad

Tony Bolto
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2006, 12:09:40 AM »

All this thread needs now is an appearance by VANDEM to put the icing on a very unedible cake.

quantify

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2006, 12:19:38 AM »

this is so typical of styeriotypical abc thought process , IF I DONT AGREE ILL JUST SAY THIS IS CRAP.

WHY IS POKER FOR EVERYONE, why cant the main events be driven by quality, your arguement falls right out the window ffs in one sentence.

who on this forum can afford to play in 1000 pound events............................................. ooops poker isnt for everyone, thats the problem its for those with deeper pockets.

it should be for the best, why does nobody see the value in improving quality in what is becomein the biggest sport /game in the world  .

WHERE IS OUR AMBITION.

ABC POKER ABC THOUGHTS,  THE SURE FIRE WAY TO BE AVERAGE.
RobS

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2006, 12:24:07 AM »

this is so typical of styeriotypical abc thought process , IF I DONT AGREE ILL JUST SAY THIS IS CRAP.

WHY IS POKER FOR EVERYONE, why cant the main events be driven by quality, your arguement falls right out the window ffs in one sentence.

who on this forum can afford to play in 1000 pound events............................................. ooops poker isnt for everyone, thats the problem its for those with deeper pockets.

it should be for the best, why does nobody see the value in improving quality in what is becomein the biggest sport /game in the world  .

WHERE IS OUR AMBITION.

I would rather the field in a £1,000 tournament be full of players who have never played the game before and don't even know the hand rankings. So would 99% of players who read this.
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2006, 12:30:01 AM »

WHERE IS OUR AMBITION.

what about your ABC thought process? IF PEOPLE DONT AGREE WITH ME, THEY ARE THE ONES IN THE WRONG?

Normally when a bunch of logical sensible intelligent people oppose someone who has displayed none of those traits, its not likely that the majority is in the wrong. 

Lets try it another way

WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO PLAY AGAINST THE BEST?

real poker players care about making money, not challenging themselves, not getting elitist clubs where they can all sit around and pat each other on the back at their awesome limp re-raises with AA. I cant understand why this is such a hard thing to understand. If you want to play against poeple that always let you know where they stand, that is ok, but understand that they are not good players either.

As for ambition, if I had any ambition in life I wouldn't be playing poker for a living.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: