blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:19:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Expekt.com Norwegian Championships ME: FINAL TABLE
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Expekt.com Norwegian Championships ME: FINAL TABLE  (Read 24518 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2008, 09:26:05 PM »

Sondre raises to 80k preflop, and after a very cagey patch finds Oyvind Efraimsen moving all in.  A count is requested:

Ian thinks about it but passes, while Sondre Berlian dwells for ages and then starts nodding more and more vigorously until actually saying the word:  "Call."

Oyvind: 
Sondre:

Flop:    (some breath is held)
Turn: 
River: 

Oyvind Efraimsen doubles up to 650k and a previously very quiet table of Norwegians playing the £100 rebuy explode into cheering and applause with the sort of gusto only manageable after nearly two levels without an elimination, and several double vodkas.

Ecosse

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2008, 09:30:14 PM »

What a dastardly looking puppet LMAO
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2008, 09:31:28 PM »

Sondre was left as the short stack after that last coup for Oyvind, and was in no mood to mess about, shoving allin over the top of a Marcus Pettersson raise to 75k for 253k total.

Pettersson thinks about it but ultimately Sondre's raise is just big enough to get him off an ace, and he is left as

- a mashed swede.

Welcome relief for Sondre as he picks that pot up, cheeky as always, after Marcus shows the ace, he shows him a 6 in return - hehe!!!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2008, 09:34:16 PM »

Sondre moves all in for the second time since recently becoming a short stack, and Erik moves in over the top...everyone else quickly sidesteps this one, and they're on their backs:

Sondre: 
Erik: 

Flop: three clubs two spades
Turn: 
River:

A double up.  Again.  It seems that someone is always going to be on that desperate-ish sized stack, though, whoever wins these confrontations.  Sondre Berlian has been remarkably consistent in keeping a big stack all the way through this tournament, so it must have been a shock to drift (briefly) beneath the average mark...

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2008, 09:48:29 PM »

Erik, now the new shortstack with sub 400k ships it in and no one calls him so he takes down the pot uncontested...

Kjetil and Stig have both been quiet for a while now...I'd've thought Kjetil in particular might have pushed the similarly sized medium stacks around a bit more assertively but he is clearly playing a more patient game...

Sondre raises to 105k, and everyone folds quickly. He shows K-K with a grin and seems very happy to be right back in the thick of things after falling short just a few hands ago...

Erik shoves again and this time...almost as if he took my chiding for his conservative play seriously...Kjetil calls!!!!

Erik :
Kjetil : (Erik was on a complete move but is delighted to find himself in a coin flip situation!)

FLOP: Two Diamonds three diamonds ..(flush draw for Erik now with his 2 overcards...).....RIVER....!!!

No good for the man with the majestically bulging eyeballs and we lose him from the comp meaning...

Erik Borkvik is OUT, eliminated in 7th spot, winning £7,577

This pot further cements Kjetil's dominant position as chip leader and means we play on 6 handed to see who will triumph...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 10:05:59 PM by Djinn » Logged

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2008, 10:04:53 PM »

********************break*****************

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2008, 10:28:55 PM »

Play has restarted, with the final Six of the Norwegian Championships ME fighting out their final table at the same time as elsewhere in the club the £100 rebuy and £300 Deepstack are both playing their finals.  Pretty excellent organisation overall...

The first major action after the break is major indeed, with Ian Frazer getting it all in with vs. Stig Kveen's ... A King arriving merely cemented Kveen's ahead status, and a shock elimination rids the tournament of the sole remaining UK player:

Ian Frazer finishes in 6th position, winning £9,742

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2008, 10:33:29 PM »

Stig Rune Kveen, coolly enjoying his sudden double-elimination-fuelled chip rise (after a little bit of emotion was shown in going over to the commentators for a bit of hi-fiving and what might have been hugging):

Ian Frazer waves goodbye to the final, his Quest for the Cup over:

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2008, 10:33:45 PM »

There's a raise preflop and Sondre and Stig tangle...

The flop comes which causes the chips to simply fly into the middle!

Hands on their back for this monster pot!

Sondre : for a pair and gutshot BUT

STIG has for TPTK, meaning he holds the advantage for now...

TURN: (Sondre's outs increase from 6 to 10...)

RIVER....!

NO GOOD FOR Sondre, Stig takes his 2nd victim in successive hands, meaning...

Sondre Barlien is OUT, eliminated in 5th spot, winning £14,072

Great game sir, but Stig's patient play has been rewarded as he moves up a spot and closer to challenging the humungous stack of Kjetil.

We continue four handed! Amazing start after the short hiatus!!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 10:35:22 PM by JungleCat03 » Logged

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2008, 10:41:32 PM »

Marcus Pettersson moves in under the gun... good enough for the blinds and antes.
The very next hand he's the big blind (obv) and small blind Oyvind Efraimsen makes the all-in move.  This time he calls!

Marcus
Oyvind: 

Flop:
Turn: 
River: 

And after a tense chip count it's discovered that Efraimsen is still technically in with 140k-ish... but I can't see those chips sitting there for long...

LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2008, 10:43:47 PM »

pics of the girl in pink who just ran through the final table area plz.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2008, 10:44:10 PM »

RANDOM NEARLY NAKED LADY ALERT

This is NOT a test.  Really happened.  Anyone watching the live feed will just have seen a pretty blonde lady in a thong and see-through pink dress wiggle round the table and then wander off into the distance.  Or they've laced our dinner with some very weird, very specific hallucinogen.  Sorry Llevan, she was only there for about 15 seconds and Kev had the camera...

Lurendreiern
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2008, 10:44:28 PM »

Norkage time please? Wink
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2008, 10:52:32 PM »

And while we're sad that Rury from Siktilt wasn't the first poker streaker (I really thought he might be convinced), the action moves on apace.

Oyvind moves all in preflop for 132k.  Kjetil is the only one thinking about making the call, but no... Oyvind wins some desperately needed blinds.

And he does it again!  By 3am he will have won the tournament at this rate!

Marcus Pettersson has a go at it, all in on the button...no callers for him either.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2008, 10:56:57 PM »

RANDOM NEARLY NAKED LADY ALERT

This is NOT a test.  Really happened.  Anyone watching the live feed will just have seen a pretty blonde lady in a thong and see-through pink dress wiggle round the table and then wander off into the distance.  Or they've laced our dinner with some very weird, very specific hallucinogen.  Sorry Llevan, she was only there for about 15 seconds and Kev had the camera...

This is 100% true. Myself and Jen watched mouths agape as a partially naked scandinavian lady ran past the cameras wiggling her bits, then ran off again.

I promise you I would have LOVED to have taken a picture but sadly Kev had the camera at the time, so if he hasn't snapped it, well, you know who to blame.

SHOCKING!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: