blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:31:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272682 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 ... 255 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***  (Read 625137 times)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #2625 on: July 02, 2013, 05:44:10 PM »

Just watched Flight with Denzil Washington and thought it was very good. Start is gripping and Washington puts in a strong performance throughout. Best part is when the officials arrive at the hotel to find him bladdered from next door's mini-bar. Oh shit, this guy needs to testify that he wasn't drunk or wired in charge of a plane in like 1hr. What can we do? Yes that's it, let's call the 'doctor' and get this fella some coke right now. So funny.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: July 16, 2013, 03:13:08 PM »

Latecomer to the thread, but have to mention a film I saw on the flight home from Vegas.

Silver Linings Playbook.

For the first half I thought this was going to be the first movie to crack my all time top 5 for many many years.

It did fizzle out in the last 30 minutes and fall to a bit of a Hollywoody ending, but it was one of the best portrayals of mental illness I have seen in a movie.

Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence both absolutely outstanding in the lead roles.

Well worth watching on DVD if you missed it on general release.

9/10

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: July 16, 2013, 03:22:39 PM »

Just watched Flight with Denzil Washington and thought it was very good. Start is gripping and Washington puts in a strong performance throughout. Best part is when the officials arrive at the hotel to find him bladdered from next door's mini-bar. Oh shit, this guy needs to testify that he wasn't drunk or wired in charge of a plane in like 1hr. What can we do? Yes that's it, let's call the 'doctor' and get this fella some coke right now. So funny.

Haha, John Goodman was comedy in that film!

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: July 18, 2013, 03:20:08 PM »

Latecomer to the thread, but have to mention a film I saw on the flight home from Vegas.

Silver Linings Playbook.

For the first half I thought this was going to be the first movie to crack my all time top 5 for many many years.

It did fizzle out in the last 30 minutes and fall to a bit of a Hollywoody ending, but it was one of the best portrayals of mental illness I have seen in a movie.

Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence both absolutely outstanding in the lead roles.

Well worth watching on DVD if you missed it on general release.

9/10

Started watching this on the plane, but had stayed up all night before flying home and fell asleep...

Was so busy when I got home that I forgot about it until you wrote the review, but have just watched it and agree with everything you said.

Great movie, great performances and the ending didn't really detract all that much from it for me.

Did LOL when they started bouncing around and all the others are like WTF?

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: July 18, 2013, 07:31:15 PM »

Agree totally that the ending was a bit too hollywoody but otherwise a very good film.

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: July 18, 2013, 10:02:04 PM »

Just watched Tyrannosaur which is a couple of years old dorected by Paddy Consideine.  Excellent film.  It will appeal to the type of person that likes Ken Loach films.  9/10 on my scale.

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: July 19, 2013, 06:56:17 AM »

Red I would suggest watching Dead man's shoes and a room for romeo brass if you enjoyed Tyrannosaur. Shane meadows & Paddy Consideine connection. Incred acting and film making.

corkeye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2632 on: July 19, 2013, 07:56:24 AM »

Just watched Tyrannosaur which is a couple of years old dorected by Paddy Consideine.  Excellent film.  It will appeal to the type of person that likes Ken Loach films.  9/10 on my scale.
love that film! So gritty. Not for the faint hearted. Love the explanation of the name tyrannosaur! Would also highly recommend dead mans shoes as above
Sweetman

View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: July 19, 2013, 01:38:51 PM »

love that film! So gritty. Not for the faint hearted. Love the explanation of the name tyrannosaur! Would also highly recommend dead mans shoes as above

Another recommendation for Tyrannosaur, not a pretty film, but truly gripping and gritty, Olivia Coleman putting in an amazing performance, reminiscent of Kathy Burke's performance in "Nil by Mouth" with Ray Winstone, another classic.

Love all the Shane Meadows films, especially Room for Romeo Brass, cracking little film if only for Paddy's dancing by the sea!!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: July 27, 2013, 09:09:12 PM »

The Lone Ranger

Just saw a trailer for it on telly just now and it reminded me I saw it a couple of weeks ago on holiday.

Wasn't fussed about seeing it really but it was the only film that was due on at the cinema without waiting too long so went in.

Pretty good action film with some good humour injected by Jonny Depp who plays Tonto (I didn't realise it was him at the time).

Best film I've seen in a good few months, deffo worth seeing 8/10
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: August 01, 2013, 12:12:05 AM »

Battle for LA

Just watched, don't bother it's pants...
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2636 on: August 01, 2013, 01:48:16 AM »

Had a big movie splurge over the last week.

Pacific Rim It's massive robots hitting massive aliens. Those bits are really good - the actual plot/characters are bobbins.

World's End Very good, could actually have been better without all the alien stuff and just concentrated on a comedy about 40 years olds chasing their youth.

The Wolverine Way better than I thought it would be - a fine superhero more, less is more

Blancanieves A silent, Spanish, version of Snow White, featuring bullfighting dwarves. Totally ace.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: August 01, 2013, 09:06:38 AM »

Pacific Rim - fight stuff was splendid, kids would love it. But the acting was yikes! Like they went with all the unused substitutes from Starship Troopers.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: August 01, 2013, 09:41:07 AM »

Got tickets for the release day screening of Alan Partridge movie (next Weds). A Dubai style TR will appear here in due course

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: August 03, 2013, 09:35:39 AM »

Wolverine - not quite as a good as the first one but still worth a watch. Loads of action, bit too long 7/10

The Worlds End - Typical Pegg/Frost yarn. If you love their humor you'll love this film. 7.5/10

Ah! The element of surprise
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 ... 255 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: